PDA

View Full Version : Tire valves.....

tommy36
07-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I don\'t know if you guys have the tpms option in canada, but be thankful you don\'t. I rotated my tires today, and then after i was done i wanted to fill them up. The problem was that i had put chrome caps on before and they were stuck on. When i tried to take them off three of them snapped at the threads. The reason they snapped so easy is because mazda is retarded and the tire pressure monitor sensors are the valve stems, and i believe they are made of either a thinner metal thread or a hard plastic. So anyways to make things worse i dropped it off at the dealership and they tell me each valve stem sensor is 150.00 us, plus labor. Thats 540.00us for craps sake, to repair something that never should have happened. Needless to say i\'m a little ticked off. Thank god my problem works for another dealership attached to this one, and he is going to try and save me some money hopefully. Anyways just be careful if you have it.....:(

DeLaY_NoMoRe
07-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Thank god we don\'t have this helpless option up here. I\'ve never think this TMPS option be useful/helpful unless it can actually display the ACTUAL pressure figure on 4 different tires! Why should I need it just to WARN me as I can check them by SIGHTING in a 30-secs walk-around.....Maybe Mazda just thinks there are still idiots out there can\'t tell if a tire has flated by eye seeing.......haha......:p