PDA

View Full Version : CEL on after drive to waterloo

chinsterr
07-24-2005, 10:25 PM
CEL !!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ok, so i drove my gf to her orientation stuff at Univ Waterloo yesterday. My avrg speed was about 140 km/h (roughly) for the entire trip back -- i reached home fine and nothing wrong with the car as of it. I drove the car today to a friends place and then to the mall ... still nothing wrong. Now, when i drove the car into the garage the CEL is on. AHHHH. Could this be from my drive to waterloo and back ? The car is not even 4 months old yet and has exactly 5000 clicks on it. Going to go to Avante mazda (the one yonge in richmondhill, lol majic) to check it out tmr. Any idea what might have caused the problem ?

my mom and dad are yelling at me becuase they think its messed up becuase of the drive to waterloo, i tried to explain to them that a car should be able to take you from point A to B no matter the distance ... but no use trying to argue.

Any Suggestions would be helpful

Chinsterr

majic
07-24-2005, 10:35 PM
lol @ avante..

you haven\'t really described any abnormal driving/weather/conditions.. high speed shouldn\'t throw a CEL, maybe it\'s due to some crazy humidity? misture? carwash? get avante to read the codes and they\'ll be able to tell u.

oh fuel door closed? i mean the cap - try that if it\'s not keeping a pressure it\'ll throw a CEL..

EDIT: tell your parents that CELs happen for a reason and regular driving shouldn\'t cause them.. do you have a CAI?

chinsterr
07-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by majic

oh fuel door closed? i mean the cap - try that if it\'s not keeping a pressure it\'ll throw a CEL..

EDIT: tell your parents that CELs happen for a reason and regular driving shouldn\'t cause them.. do you have a CAI?

cap is on tight, no CAI/SRI as of yet lol.
Going to bring the car tmr for sure, i hope everything is alright :s

thnx for the suggestions majic

TheProfessor
07-25-2005, 12:14 AM
The drive to UW likely had absolutely nothing to do with the CEL, it\'s just a coincidence.

wtom
07-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Let us know what Avante pulls from the OBD.

billyfo
07-25-2005, 07:59 AM
haha, my CEL was on after I gassed up with Esso??? I have SRI for two mths and only filled up w/ PetroCan and Shell never had the problem, but only Esso. though I think it also coincidence, but still make it bad:(

I went to MoT w/ oil change, they said cause of SRI, computer read some mixed codes, so I need to replace the OEM filter back, anyone has this situation?

wtom
07-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Must be that MAF sensor of ours being so sensitive. That should be a TSB right there! :D

SourcE
07-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Newb question.....whats a CEL? :sarc

S.F.W.
07-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Check Engine Light

MajesticBlueNTO
07-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by billyfo

haha, my CEL was on after I gassed up with Esso??? I have SRI for two mths and only filled up w/ PetroCan and Shell never had the problem, but only Esso. though I think it also coincidence, but still make it bad:(

I went to MoT w/ oil change, they said cause of SRI, computer read some mixed codes, so I need to replace the OEM filter back, anyone has this situation?

if your car is not running like shit, then it sounds like the Short Term Fuel Trim is no longer within the range of the Long Term Fuel Trim.

if your car is running like shit, then it is the MAF.

chinsterr
07-26-2005, 04:17 PM
The Verdict is in !!!

Okay, just got my car back from Avante mazada. Service was good and the car came back cleaner than when it went in !!! The repairs were covered under warranty (thank God). It turns out that it was the purge solnoid. One question: What is a \"Purge Solnoid\" ? :p :p

edit : Ok, im going to save majic a post here ... i used the search button and discovered im not the only one with this problem. Seems like alot of mazda 3\'s have a problem with this gas tank pressurizerrrrr thingy

Chinsterrrrrrr

billyfo
07-27-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

Originally posted by billyfo

if your car is not running like shit, then it sounds like the Short Term Fuel Trim is no longer within the range of the Long Term Fuel Trim.

if your car is running like shit, then it is the MAF.

MBN, after 1 week CEL on, car still runs like before, only a tad burn more gas, and a bit hesitation only when AC on, I didn\'t feel it before CEL on, so could it be Fuel Trim problem (actually can you explain this) or MAF sensor? thanks.

I might go to MoT again sometimes after long wkend and change back my OEM filter.