PDA

View Full Version : I think I got a lemon!!!

melemel
07-26-2005, 08:18 AM
So my car is now 3 months and 5 days old....it\'s been back to Mazda a total of FIVE times!!! 1st it was the car starting issue, the high pitched squeel when backing up and the air bag light would flash at me sometimes while driving. 2nd went in to have the fuel pump replaced and they still hadn\'t fixed the squeel or the airbag light issue. 3 days after picking up from having the fuel pump replaced (only) the engine light went on...they said they changed a purge valve...LESS THAN 24hours after picking up from that \"fix\" I am back in again for the Engine light going back on....Neither time had anything to do with the gas cap not on properly. 2 days after that pick up I am back to the car not starting on the first catch again!...I called Guelph Mazda and pretty much went apeshit on my sales guy (as diplomatically as possible) They had me come in YET again, but this time I demanded a replacement car, which they dawned me with a blow dryer on wheels from Enterprise car rental Whatevs! That was Saturday...it\'s Tuesday and they can\'t figure it out. They claim it\'s starting fine for them. I told them to at the very least let it sit over night and then monitor the first start in the morning. My parents experienced this problem, I had the problem Y oh Y is it not happening to them???? I give them credit for saying they want to keep it until they figure it out and not to worry about the rental as they will cover that cost but i am burning up here...they have had my car this many times with different probs and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.
So I have wasted time, money on gas, mileage (this is a leased car) going back and forth to Guelph (that\'s where I bought it although I live in TO) and nothing seems to be going right. AT what point does Mazda service just admit, this car needs to go back to where it came from and just replace it with a working one??? I was told the whole process if that were the case is that Guelph Mazda has to agree it can no longer be fixed, they have to go to Mazda Canada to \"convince\" them to buy out the lease and replace with a new one...so it more made me feel like a \"cold day in hell\" kind of story.
at a loss and just wanting my car back and fully working now!!!!! :(

TheProfessor
07-26-2005, 08:47 AM
melemel, sorry to hear about all the problems you\'re having. If Guelph is unable to fix the problem perhaps it\'s time to go to a dealership who can. Why did you buy from them in the first place if you live in T.O.?

melemel
07-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Hey, thanks

I am originally from \"Moo town\" and had a Miata back when they first came out and they were great (service and the car). No problems...In fact the person who bought the Miata from me quite a few years ago ( we bought it in the early 90\'s) it\'s still on the road.
Also, when I was looking around, their pricing was pretty much the same and they were able to get me the 3 in red faster than the others.
The reason I took the car for service to Guelph was bc I just bought it from them and based on principle I figured it be smarter to take to the place I purchased for record keeping and of course not to allow them to pass me onto another dealer to make it someone else\'s problem. The sales guy suggested Westowne for regular service but for these issues Guelph City needs to take responsibility. When I am back on track and only having to do the regular service I won\'t be driving all the way out to Guelph.
Thanks again
peace

MAZDA Kitten
07-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. I guess a door rattle wasnt so bad after all :( *knock on wood*

Fuman
07-26-2005, 10:26 AM
call mazda canada ask for \'goodwill\' payments or a buyback.
i dunno if its the proper channel but wont hurt giving it a try.

melemel
07-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mazda Kitten and Fuman
Appreciate your messages. I was ready to go straight to Mazda Canada but figured I would deal with my dealership first and give them a chance to rectify the situation. I did inquire about compensation (gas paid, adjust the mileage on my contract) which is now in the hands of the owner. So we\'ll see what happens from this point forward. Slow starting on the response/realization of this situation but since I called (they claim not to have received my email from last week) they have now been responding.

Hopefully I get my car back by the weekend....Need my sweet car for my birthday outing!!!
peace mele

MAZDA Kitten
07-26-2005, 11:09 AM
If you are going to deal with MazdaCanada be persistant and DO NOT DEAL WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. They dont even have any tear ducts and the name \"customer service\" should not be associated with them. Talk to LARRY (I believe that is his name) he is the director or national manager or something like that. I spoke to him for an hour regarding a VERY BAD sales experience and he will take the time and listen to what you have to say. Good luck!

melemel
07-26-2005, 11:58 AM
Thank you Mazda Kitten! I will definitely speak to Larry if I have to take it up another level. I am really hoping I don\'t have to but great to have any ammo if i have to call the mazda mothership.
chao

bDeE
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Ive had the same problem with the engine light, I brought it back to the dealership 5-6 times( i lost count) They eventualy fixed the problem tho, they had to call mazda canada and ask their technicians for advice....and now its been 3 weeks without an engine light coming on, so I think its fixed.

Before the last \"fix\", the engine light would stay off for, at most, 20 mins, before coming back on...

it was driving me nuts...

tell your service department to consult with mazda canada, maybe theyll figure something out...

they had to re do a lot of my engine wiring to fix my engine light problem...

the car runs great now. *knock on wood.

Fuman
07-27-2005, 02:32 PM
the fact mazda canada is a 5 min drive from my house, i\'d just storm the place

melemel
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
LOL!!!
It\'s probably best that I am not that close to them.....they sooo don\'t want to mess with me as this has been a bad week for me as it is!
I did want to send a copy of my letter I sent to Guelph Mazda (which my sales guy claims he did not receive)ESPECIALLY if they don\'t rectify the situation to my content, but can\'t seem to find an email on their site to send to..anyone?
They still have the car and are still paying for my rental blow dryer on wheels. Will update as soon as I find out something..

m_a_t_r_i_x
07-27-2005, 07:03 PM
gud thing it was leased eh.....more reason for you not to keep the car! thats so frustrating... thats why you got yourself a brand new car to prevent those kind of problems on used cars...

melemel
08-05-2005, 11:28 AM
Well it\'s August 5th and I FINALLY got my car back! I KNOW! Can u stand it???
They couldn\'t figure it out so they just went ahead and put in a new (that would be #2 now) fuel pump. They believe that first one they replaced the original with was from an old batch that were going into the \'04\'s. The engine light is off..for now so hopefully all will be copasethetic by now. Not to get greedy but when I got back into my car, there was mud stains on the side of my seat, someone left a soda can on the floor of the passenger side (they are sooo lucky it was unopened) and there were dirty fingerprints and something spilled and dried up on the dash and the area beside the gear shift. WHATEVS! I am glad my car is back and so far so good! Next problem is going straight to Mazda Canada!
In all fairness, Guelph mazda did keep the car until they were satisfied that nothing would go wrong again, i could be fecetious but I won\'t ;) lol

Have a great weekend all...ima gonna spend it cleaning my car up and enjoying the drive! Please pray she doesn\'t fail me again...PEACE

Fuman
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
melemel, if a dealership gave me that kinda of service (leaving stains in my car),
I\'ll flip, send them to the wheels section of toronto star to start things off.

melemel
08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
true...i really should stand up for myself better...unfortunately i have a rage issue and would go off and probably make matters worse. well i won\'t be going back there at all unless it\'s to hand the car and keys back to them because they had to get me a new one as that is the next step should i have to return for this crap again. I was told that Westowne (?) is really good? I believe it\'s the closest to downtown TO.

peace
mele

lonewolf
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by melemel

Well it\'s August 5th and I FINALLY got my car back! I KNOW! Can u stand it???
They couldn\'t figure it out so they just went ahead and put in a new (that would be #2 now) fuel pump. They believe that first one they replaced the original with was from an old batch that were going into the \'04\'s. The engine light is off..for now so hopefully all will be copasethetic by now. Not to get greedy but when I got back into my car, there was mud stains on the side of my seat, someone left a soda can on the floor of the passenger side (they are sooo lucky it was unopened) and there were dirty fingerprints and something spilled and dried up on the dash and the area beside the gear shift. WHATEVS! I am glad my car is back and so far so good! Next problem is going straight to Mazda Canada!
In all fairness, Guelph mazda did keep the car until they were satisfied that nothing would go wrong again, i could be fecetious but I won\'t ;) lol

Have a great weekend all...ima gonna spend it cleaning my car up and enjoying the drive! Please pray she doesn\'t fail me again...PEACE

have they looked at the Oxygen sensor. a friend of mine has a breeze (I know not mazda) but he kept having problems with the engine light come on and he had it in 4 times before they found out that it was the oxygen sensor. the tech showed him the sensor and it was split in half but when it was installed in the car it looked like it was fine. (no crack seam or anything that would lead you to beleive it was broken) when they took it out it fell apart. they were saying that when it heated up it would expand and let air in through the crack and set off the engine light.

again i know it is a different brand but i thought it might be relevant.

melemel
08-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Thank you Lonewolf for the tip. I\'ll be sure to pass that on even if I don\'t (and I pray that I don\'t) have to bring it back in to Guelph City.

Chao

Whos ur dadd
08-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I think Downtown Mazda is, um, closest to downtown (or they claim to be).

:D

TheProfessor
08-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Well, let\'s hope your Mazda related problems are over and you can continue enjoying the car. Definately don\'t go back to Guelph though, seems like they don\'t know what they\'re doing or what kind of parts they\'re using ;)

1flycdnM3
08-20-2005, 04:15 PM
wow! took a long time to read everything in this thread. Really hope everything is all better now though. I kept thinking to myself \"some gonna get a hurt real bad!\" lol
All in all though, I guess that solves nothing. Hope for the best and nothing else happens. Have fun now man :)

rinse
09-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I\'ve had my car a little over 3 months now, and the car is going back for the 3rd time. The check engine light came on about a month ago, I took it back and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. Fast forward about 3 weeks, and the check engine light comes on again. Keep in mind that during this time the car didnt feel \"right\" to me, a lot of engine hesistation and totally different from when I first got the car. So i take it back and they replace the purge valve, what happens? The next day the engine light comes on again, Im infuriated right now.

I have a 2005 mazda 3 GT sedan, MT.

bluntman
09-06-2005, 06:52 AM
Try a different dealership.

TheProfessor
09-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Try a different dealership.

rinse
09-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Update: Sept 15th.

Sept 2nd: Engine light on, hesitation on low RPM in all gears

I took the car in and they told me they replaced the purge valve. Great, hopefully the car is okay now.

Sept 7th: Engine light on, hesitation again on low RPM in all gears

Took the car back, this time a little more pissed than the last time. They give me a courtesy car, and tell me that they\'ll keep it for a couple days to see what the problem is and to make sure its 100% before I get it back. They replace the purge valve AGAIN, and this time they also replace the throttle body. They keep it an extra night to drive around, telling me they wanted to make sure it was alright before they gave it back to me. I get the car back and everything seems fine.

Sept 15th: Engine light on, slight hesitation on low RPM.

The car is going back this afternoon for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks. I\'m gonna raise hell in there when i get to Avante. It seems like they\'re using band-aid solutions to a problem that they cannot determine. I know its unrealistic to demand a new car, but they better do something or I\'m going to have to contact Mazda Canada soon.

Frustrated.

mazda3boss
09-15-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rinse

I took the car in and they told me they replaced the purge valve. Great, hopefully the car is okay now.

Took the car back, this time a little more pissed than the last time. They give me a courtesy car, and tell me that they\'ll keep it for a couple days to see what the problem is and to make sure its 100% before I get it back. They replace the purge valve AGAIN, and this time they also replace the throttle body. They keep it an extra night to drive around, telling me they wanted to make sure it was alright before they gave it back to me. I get the car back and everything seems fine.

The car is going back this afternoon for the 3rd time in less than 2 weeks. I\'m gonna raise hell in there when i get to Avante. It seems like they\'re using band-aid solutions to a problem that they cannot determine. I know its unrealistic to demand a new car, but they better do something or I\'m going to have to contact Mazda Canada soon.

Frustrated.

wow that sux, hopefully after that fix u wont go back

PiCASSO
09-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by rinse

Frustrated.

Hey Rinse...

I think you are on the same boat that I am. Read my previous post which appeared to fix the problem:

Hesitation Problem (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3019)

Tell Joe or Ted about my 2005 Mazda 3 Sport GT (Winning Blue Mica) which came in 4-times to get the issue resolved.

I have to admit... after the vehicle sitting in the parking lot during the day, I feel like there is SLIGHT hesitation. It kind of reminds me of the experience during the serious hesitation, but eventually the car picks up. I dunno, if you read my other post about fuel economy (averaging above 10 L/100km) I think there something seriously wrong with my car. When I have another guy with his 2.0L 5-speed complaining that he got 6.7L/100km instead of his usual 6.2L/100km makes me SICK! Let me know how it goes... because I\'m now dealing with Mazda of Canada (left a message earlier this evening).

eguiyab
09-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Hey Melemel. Looks like we\'re in the same boat. Im having a similar problem with my 04 Mazda 3 ATX. And i\'ve been back and forth to MoT 3 times in the past 10 days. I actually just started a post on my whole ordeal - http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3655

Im just as frustrated as you are. I\'ve had my car for only a matter of hours for this whole entire time. The rental cars are just a welcome relief because finally I am in a car that actually acellerates!!!! I am begining to doubt the purchase of my own Mazda 3 and its not a good feeling. I wonder if it really is the great car that its supposed to. I know I know... but when you have to be going back and forth all the time it really makes you down. It also makes me think why I passed up a Honda. I look in my driveway and see my bro\'s 1988 Honda Accord running like a champ next to my 04 Mazda that is considered to be the \"broken\" one.

If this problem seems to be so prevelant, why isn\'t it easier to fix?? I\'ve always shyed away from buying First gen cars because of \"bugs\" but somehow i thought the 3 would be different.
I too am considering calling Mazda Canada about just giving up my car... I feel I cant take it anymore. What exactly is the \"buyback\" program? How do you qualify? Who do you talk to?

Im gonna let the great team at MoT do what they can and hope they can get it done once and for all... but im lossing hope! I just want my car back in working order. :(

Hey bDee, I noticed that you said they got your 3 back up and running. What exactly did they do??

McGuyver_3
01-15-2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by melemel

So my car is now 3 months and 5 days old....it\'s been back to Mazda a total of FIVE times!!! 1st it was the car starting issue, the high pitched squeel when backing up and the air bag light would flash at me sometimes while driving. 2nd went in to have the fuel pump replaced and they still hadn\'t fixed the squeel or the airbag light issue. 3 days after picking up from having the fuel pump replaced (only) the engine light went on...they said they changed a purge valve...LESS THAN 24hours after picking up from that \"fix\" I am back in again for the Engine light going back on....Neither time had anything to do with the gas cap not on properly. 2 days after that pick up I am back to the car not starting on the first catch again!...I called Guelph Mazda and pretty much went apeshit on my sales guy (as diplomatically as possible) They had me come in YET again, but this time I demanded a replacement car, which they dawned me with a blow dryer on wheels from Enterprise car rental Whatevs! That was Saturday...it\'s Tuesday and they can\'t figure it out. They claim it\'s starting fine for them. I told them to at the very least let it sit over night and then monitor the first start in the morning. My parents experienced this problem, I had the problem Y oh Y is it not happening to them???? I give them credit for saying they want to keep it until they figure it out and not to worry about the rental as they will cover that cost but i am burning up here...they have had my car this many times with different probs and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.
So I have wasted time, money on gas, mileage (this is a leased car) going back and forth to Guelph (that\'s where I bought it although I live in TO) and nothing seems to be going right. AT what point does Mazda service just admit, this car needs to go back to where it came from and just replace it with a working one??? I was told the whole process if that were the case is that Guelph Mazda has to agree it can no longer be fixed, they have to go to Mazda Canada to \"convince\" them to buy out the lease and replace with a new one...so it more made me feel like a \"cold day in hell\" kind of story.
at a loss and just wanting my car back and fully working now!!!!! :(

Hi
What is your starting problem? Does your car crank to long? Because i have had the same problem and mazda is denying that it has a to long of a crank. I infromed them that it doesnt happen all the time but they are unwilling to keep the car there for a period of time to moniter the issue.