PDA

View Full Version : Not an A/C topic

nifty6
08-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Just curious if anybody has observed the following.
With A/C OFF car idling, fan at 2, recir on, temp switch at max cold the air blowing through the vents feels warmer than the outside air. How much warmer? Outside air 20C, night time, about 9:00PM and the sun is not a factor, air through the vents 27C
a difference of 7C or the difference of being comfortable at 20C or uncomfortable at 27C. which means to be comfortable I need to run my A/C. Tried the same on my other vehicles and only noticed a difference of 2C. Is this a problem? should I take the car to the dealer?
Thanks

al01
08-03-2005, 11:01 PM
open the windows =D

whodilly
08-04-2005, 05:50 PM
That\'s strange... the air that comes out of my vents w/o A/C is usually alittle cooler than ambient air. Not sure why.

iconicrocket
08-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by nifty6

With A/C OFF car idling, fan at 2, recir on, temp switch at max cold the air blowing through the vents feels warmer than the outside air. How much warmer? Outside air 20C, night time, about 9:00PM and the sun is not a factor, air through the vents 27C
a difference of 7C or the difference of being comfortable at 20C or uncomfortable at 27C.

Were you car in slowing moving traffic or not moving at all. Because I have the exact same thing happening on my car.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
08-04-2005, 07:14 PM
How can u possibly obtain cooler air if it was turned to RECIR!? haha.....:p

nifty6
08-04-2005, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

How can u possibly obtain cooler air if it was turned to RECIR!? haha.....:p

Ops my mistake ment to say recir off and outside air on..I made sure the outside air was on, no mistake there...

nifty6
08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by iconicrocket

Originally posted by nifty6

a difference of 7C or the difference of being comfortable at 20C or uncomfortable at 27C.

Were you car in slowing moving traffic or not moving at all. Because I have the exact same thing happening on my car.

I was idling in the driveway, going to redo the temp check while driving at 80 k/h

nifty6
08-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by whodilly

That\'s strange... the air that comes out of my vents w/o A/C is usually alittle cooler than ambient air. Not sure why.

I checked with my other 2 vehicles and found the vent air W/O air to be sligtly warmer than the outside air. Not sure why you are getting cooler air than the outside air.

Ex-Rolla
08-04-2005, 10:40 PM
it\'s engine heat. Engine compartment radiats A LOT of heat, so when you\'re not moving, the hot air is being sucked in by the fresh air vent.

iconicrocket
08-04-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, thats normal. I have the exact same problem when not moving or when I\'m in stop-n-go traffic.

It goes away when you\'re moving.