PDA

View Full Version : Hood Protection

Candyman
08-04-2005, 12:52 AM
Just wondering what everyone put on their hoods. Clear Bra, Bug/Stone Deflector, leather bra, or nothing. I was wondering if anyone who has the clear bra (preferably in Red) has any pictures of it? My buddy has been bugging me to put a clear bra, but I don\'t like the way it looks. Thanks

majic
08-04-2005, 08:06 AM
i have the llumar bra put on mine @ FX Auto.. it\'s a CLEAR bra, not red ;) PM me your e-mail addy and i\'ll send you some pix of it on a VR hatch..

you can\'t tell that it\'s on until you get within ~2m of it - and it only really shows when your car is dirty OR after wax gets just under/on the side of the bra\'s edge..

RedRaptor
08-04-2005, 08:31 AM
Candyman,

I have the Llumar Clear Bra on my car. I\'ll show you when we meet up today at noon for the caliper stickers, you can take a look at it then. :)

majic
08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
but you have the blue bra.. mine is red ;) :p

Junior
08-04-2005, 10:17 AM
i wouls say to go with what these guys have (that clear stuff) ... cause its the less noticeable and prolly the most effective. The leather wrap bra just looks BUNK! and the so called \"bug/Stone deflector\" only deflects stones from your hood and ping you on your windshield ... eventually you\'ll get a windshield spider crack and then need to replace the windsheild (just more headaches in the end)

Candyman
08-05-2005, 01:04 AM
Thanks guys for your thought. The reason I hesitated was my friend has a white Corolla & it looked yellow & dirty. I saw Red\'s winning blue. Barely noticed it. Will have to make appointment with FX Auto again.

Majic, no need to send pics. I\'m pretty happy with what I saw on Red\'s car.

miggiddy
08-06-2005, 11:12 AM
I\'ve got the bug deflector and I\'ve been very happy with its efficacy. No windshield cracks yet:sarc

billyfo
08-06-2005, 06:12 PM
I cover it with environment, DUST:D

Ex-Rolla
08-07-2005, 02:46 PM
Hood deflector... I hate it... too much wind noise.

whodilly
08-11-2005, 05:31 PM
^^ Really? I have a hood deflector and I don\'t get any wind noise. What kind of noise are we talking about? I\'ve had it on since I got the car so maybe I\'ve got the noise and just don\'t know it!

I\'ve heard some people say it flaps or something like that but that doesn\'t happen with mine.

miggiddy
08-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by whodilly

^^ Really? I have a hood deflector and I don\'t get any wind noise. What kind of noise are we talking about? I\'ve had it on since I got the car so maybe I\'ve got the noise and just don\'t know it!

I\'ve heard some people say it flaps or something like that but that doesn\'t happen with mine.

Ditto for me. No noise or flapping on mine. And I\'ve removed mine a few times to wash the hood.

Side note:

Red - nice sig ;)

dolcem
08-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Hey, I just bought a Mazda 3 Sport, I\'m looking into getting a 3M bra. Leather is an option but I hear clear is better. Can anyone recommend any places? I prefer the Mississauga area, but will travel for a better job and price.
Thanks

majic
08-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dolcem

Hey, I just bought a Mazda 3 Sport, I\'m looking into getting a 3M bra. Leather is an option but I hear clear is better. Can anyone recommend any places? I prefer the Mississauga area, but will travel for a better job and price.
Thanks

congrats on the purchase.. give FX Auto (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=16&page=5#14786) a shot..

dolcem
08-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Thanks! I checked out FX Auto, its $200 for the hood and fender. I didnt check the cost for the bumper, you think thats worth getting? Do you have many chips on your bumper?

nifty6
08-27-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by dolcem

Thanks! I checked out FX Auto, its $200 for the hood and fender. I didnt check the cost for the bumper, you think thats worth getting? Do you have many chips on your bumper?

I think the bumper being plastic it is more forgiving than the steel hood and fenders, won\'t bother doing the bumper but that just my opinion.

dolcem
08-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the imput. Does anyone know a good place in the Mississauga area I can get the 3M Bra or Lumar done?