PDA

View Full Version : Jay HASS has turbo ready..

SABIO
08-05-2005, 10:34 AM
As the title says... Jay HASS has finalized his Mazda 3 turbo kit. His kit is doing the same numbers as hi-boost @ only 7psi. Thats through the stock exhuast. He also includes new injectors so when ya want to run 400horse your ready. All for $100\'s less than Hi-Boost.

So, if you are someone really really interested. i can e mail ya more details.

Domokun
08-05-2005, 11:12 AM
HoHo! :hoho Does he have a website?

SABIO
08-05-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.hassauto.com/index.html

Domokun
08-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Found more stuff about the kit.

A link to Hass\'s dyno chart (http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4305170#4305170)

Domokun
08-05-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.hassauto.com/pic-gallery/gallery-im/mazda3-01.jpg

SoopaBanana
08-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I really don\'t want to screw around with my engine but the horsepower gain... omg...

Maybe in 3 years when I\'m ready to part with the 3...

lukel90
08-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Reading topics on this turbo in mazda3forums, the kit is really good. 28R turbos (dual ball bearing) is certainly the way to go. That said, both kits offer good quality and craftsmanship. Hi-boost was the first kit out on the market and i give em props for that simply becasue they provided what we wanted sooner then anyone else. Both kits are over priced, but so is every other kit on the market. Turbo alone brand new is 600 bucks. Most of the money goes to development and research. Although im not in the market right now as funds are a little low, but a saving accounts is getting deposits every 2 weeks for a turbo kit. Ill be getting one in a year or so and by then we\'ll all know which kit to get and which kit is a waist of money. To start a thread saying the jay haas kit is way better then the hi-boost is nonsence. Neither kit has been out for long, and jay haas just finished the kit himself, the hi-boost kit has been out several weeks. there are flaws in both kits from the pictures as the intercooler piping gets in the way of the plastic cover we have in our 3\'s. but thats all minor stuff.

That said i\'m totally excited about these kits, one of them will be mine in a year or so. Draxas is in development of a kit right now as well from what i read on mazda3forums. they have more of a hard-core following then we do here on TM3. most people on here are more concerned about the look of their wheels and body kits then in performance which is ok.

BTW...Fidanza fly wheel and spec 2 clutch are in i think. i got a slip from the post office saying i got a package, hopefully its the stuff i\'ve been waiting for awhile now..ill take pictures if i have time.

SABIO
08-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Performance is a good thing... start with the do-it-yourself mods... When I have $1000 to throw into a flywheel it will be mine... same goes for a clutch. Takes time...

lukel90
08-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Dont know if your being sarcastic with your last post or not. Tough to tell on the internet ya know. Saving takes time, money is tight and it rough as i want the kit ASAP, but patience will hopefully help me out here. As i said both kits seem pretty good at the moment..

TheProfessor
08-10-2005, 08:23 AM
One of the major reasons both kits are overpriced is because of volume......there just aren\'t that many people looking to boost MZ3\'s right now. When I had my civic and decided to go forced induction, it was dirt cheap. I mean, I got a full GReddy kit, front mount intercooler, e-Manage, Autometer boost gauge and A-pillar pod, all installed for just over $2K. For that little money you can barely get a good quality set of headers, cold air intake and maybe a set of cam gears all installed.

I\'m waiting to see if anyone will bring out a nice supercharger for the 3 (hello Vortech).

SABIO
08-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Not being sarcastic or flipant.... If I had a little more money I would be right behind you getting my flywheel and clutch changed... and get Crower to hurry up with those cams... Do the fuel system... and then the turbo.. :)

lukel90
08-10-2005, 09:22 PM
I see were on the same page, i just dont want to slap a turbo on a completely stock engine, to me that would be a slow suicide for my 3. pay day on friday, so ill deposit a little more..this is gonna take a long time