PDA

View Full Version : Warranty question

DJB
08-09-2005, 09:28 PM
I\'m on a quest to get my 3 ready for show/competition. In this quest I have been told that with the amount of power I\'m going to be pounding out of the bass box I\'m building (1700w RMS) I will need to do some soundproofing to the doors and other various compartments of my car to stop the car from producing that annoying vibrating sound.

Question: I have purchased (along with the sale of my 3) the rust protection package (not the sound proofing package... just the basic rust-proofing); if I do decide to soundproof the car on my own, will it void the warranty?

Just thought I\'d ask here to see if anybody else has done this and if there were any warranty issues.

TheProfessor
08-10-2005, 08:30 AM
I assume by \"voiding the warranty\" you\'re referring to the rust protection and not the bumper to bumper coverage. To be honest, I\'m not sure, by why not just call and ask. Soundproofing is not uncommon, just say you\'re thinking of doing it to help road road/engine noise.

PPI_MAN
08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
I did the same thing. Purchased the car 3 years and she is mind. I also purchased the rust proofing. Dynamaed the car, PPI Sound System Powerclass Amps and PC PRO subs. You must bring the car in to the dealer to check the rust proofing every two year. Your warranty being void I was told no by Mazda Canada.

PPI_MAN

DJB
08-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the response guys. As I said before, just thought I\'d ask some oppinions because the answer is going to be different at any dealership I ask. Guess it just depends on the guys working on the car if they \"think\" they should put up a red flag and void the warranty for work done on a car that they can\'t understand fully enough to give you a proper answer.
I guess to be on the safe side, I\'ll have to call Mazda Canada and get their approval or suggestions on where I can go to do this procedure professionally without it affecting the warranty.

Thanks again.

Whos ur dadd
08-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Not sure if the answer is black or white. I can certainly see the dealer/Mazda arguing that the dynamat trapped moisture between the panels causing increased possibility for rusting. Once they decline coverage, it\'ll be up to you to slap \'em around to get them to reconsider.

Whether dynamat and similar products actually do trap moisture... I don\'t know. I remember reading it in another forum though.