PDA

View Full Version : LOCKDOWN Customs Mazda3 Deck Re-location

LOCKDOWN-P5
08-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Hello Everyone

As many of you have seen in a previous post, LOCKDOWN Customs has been able to create a custom deck re-location kit for the Mazda3. Many of our customers have been dis-satisfied with the current aftermarket deck installation brackets (METRA) that are available, so with some help from a member of the Mazda3 forum, we decided to creat a custom deck installation kit for the Mazda3.

We have now created the final version of this kit and we are very impressed with the results and the look of this re-location kit. The pictures we have posted here show what this kit looks like when installed on the Mazda3. We make this kit out of ABS plastic and it ends up looking very close to a factory spec panel! For referenece sake as well, the cigarette lighter can be included in this panel, although in our posted pics it is not present.

Please call us for all pricing/installation inquires, and please let us know what you think of the work we have done! We love to hear feedback from everybody!

http://tinypic.com/aczcwz.jpg
http://tinypic.com/aczd54.jpg
http://tinypic.com/aczdp2.jpg

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Customs

Krakilin
08-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Awesome!!! I\'m assuming that\'s a CD-MP3 player. Who do we talk to if we call your place?

majic
08-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Krakilin

Awesome!!! I\'m assuming that\'s a CD-MP3 player. Who do we talk to if we call your place?

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Customs

Broli
08-12-2005, 01:27 AM
I like, I like!!!

p.s, it was nice to recieve thank u card from lockdown after my HID install!

no Thank you guys for the great job!

:D

Broli
08-12-2005, 01:28 AM
there should be a comma between no and thank you

i.e.
no, thank u guys for the great job!

:D

MazdaTree
08-12-2005, 01:31 AM
you can edit it, just click the edit button on that post you made
dont worry i did the same thing b4:)

Broli
08-12-2005, 01:41 AM
ahhhh,

thanks,

i will try that next time, i am bound to mess up again!
:p

McGuyver_3
09-27-2005, 03:48 PM
Why is the deck in the ashtray? They do have install kits where u take out the stock radio and implant the aftermarket deck where the stock deck should go i got it at best buy for 25 bucks. Sorry dont have pics right now but i will post them when i make them

SwooshICE
09-28-2005, 01:28 AM
They do have install kits where u take out the stock radio and implant the aftermarket deck where the stock deck should go i got it at best buy for 25 bucks.

ya we know but those kits are ugly :( it messes up the smooth stock look.
and the orange piece that lids up have to be removed as well.. leaving a hole there heh
that\'s why so many ppl prefer to place it in the cig lighter area.

bubba1983
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by my_mazda3

Why is the deck in the ashtray? They do have install kits where u take out the stock radio and implant the aftermarket deck where the stock deck should go i got it at best buy for 25 bucks. Sorry dont have pics right now but i will post them when i make them

Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5
Many of our customers have been dis-satisfied with the current aftermarket deck installation brackets (METRA) that are available, so with some help from a member of the Mazda3 forum, we decided to creat a custom deck installation kit for the Mazda3.

are you blind? can\'t read?

TheProfessor
09-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Jeff (or anybody who knows), is this completely 100% reversible?

SoopaBanana
09-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Hey I didn\'t even notice this post... Btw that\'s my deck... hehehe :)

Broli
09-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Hey Jeff!

do you think that you would be able to install a screen into the hatch area, like the actual plastic piece that is the backin on the Hatch, i haven\'t looked behind to see how much room is there, but i was thinkin about getting this done??

SwooshICE
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
o you think that you would be able to install a screen into the hatch area,

it won\'t fit.

even if it did, u\'d have to saw the piece in half, which\'ll make the install not reversable

Broli
09-28-2005, 02:34 PM
i am not so worried about irreversible
i am concerned about the fit . .
u could be right man

TheProfessor
09-28-2005, 04:06 PM
I think it\'ll depend on the depth of the screen itself and what type of install you\'re looking for (i.e. flush mount, a little portrusion, etc.)

By the way, anything can be done, it\'s just a matter of how much $$$ you want to spend ;)

LOCKDOWN-P5
09-28-2005, 08:58 PM
Hello Everyone

The installation of the deck in the ashtray area on the Mazda 3 is possible to be put back to stock condidtion. However, there is modification (ie. cutting of some plastic on the centre console) that is performed, so that would not be reversible. But you would not see the area that was cut, so in my opinion it would not be that big of a deal.

In terms of a custom screen install in the hatch, we would really need to see it in person and go over with you in detail what you are interested in. As I\'m not specifically sure online here which way you would want the screen to be facing and how you would want it to work. As PSIVIC said, anything is always possible, but will always depend on how far you want to modify and what your budget is set at.

We always strive to keep our work at the lowest price possible, however custom labour always involves much more time than normal and therefore can get expensive.

We welcome you to bring us your ideas and we will work with you to try and make them a reality!

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

x-cimo
10-14-2005, 06:10 PM
I\'ve made a few research and for what I can see people who did that needed to remove the vent plastic tube that bring the air under the driver and passager sit for the passager at the rear of the car...

I got a alpine Unit which is :

# Chassis Size (W x H x D)in : 7\"x2\"x6\"
# Chassis Size (W x H x D)mm : 178mm x 50mm x 152mm

and the front is:

# Nose Piece Size (W x H x D)in : 6-7/8 x 1-13/16\" x 11/16\"
# Nose Piece Size (W x H x D)mm : 170mm x 46mm x 18mm

Will it fit without modifying/removing the vent tube that is in this hole?

LOCKDOWN-P5
10-15-2005, 11:29 AM
Hello x-cimo

The custom deck re-location will 100% require the removal of the rear seat vent tube. This is due to the cleareance required for the rear of the aftermarket deck and all the associated wiring. This will not effect the ventilation system in any way other than the rear seat passengers do not have a foot well duct anymore.

We have received a number of requests to market the plate that we make for this installation, however this installation is something that is quite involved and requires some modification to the actual inside dash section of the vehicle. It is not a strict bolt on application, it does require an involved installation and is something we would not recommend as a DIY application. We have begun making a picture by picture installation guide for this kit, but we\'ve found that there are so many steps involved that it is not looking like it could be a DIY system.

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

McGuyver_3
01-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Hey Lockdown-P5,
It looks like i have been beaten at my own game from my previous post in this thread. But i just recently purchased a car pc with moniter and want to place the moniter where my aftermarket deck is. So now i come and say how much would it cost to get that bracket to get the deck relocated down to the bottom? I can do the install my self i just need the bracket. Do you have them in stock or must they be custom made first? Please email me at mazda3.05@gmail.com Thanks in advanced

Daniel