PDA

View Full Version : transmission shift

flyboy
08-17-2005, 12:32 PM
I have a 2005 GT with the 4 speed auto. In the morning for the first couple of miles, the shift from 1st to 2nd is very abrupt, almost alarming.

Anyone else experienced this?

Candyman
08-18-2005, 12:07 PM
When I first got the car I felt it too. It\'s like it hesitates before shifting. I found the only solution was to rev the car. When shifting at higher rpms and not letting up on the gas pedal makes it smoother. I\'m use to driving manual where you let up on the gas. With the 4speed auto, just keep your foot on the gas & shift around 3500rpms and it should shift much smoother.

Hopefully this solves your problem

flyboy
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks - I\'ll give it a try. I too am used to manual transmissions.

Broli
08-18-2005, 05:53 PM
happens to me too!

AZDJedi
08-24-2005, 12:03 PM
happens to me too. 2004 Auto GT.

Whitby mazda reset my computer chip...That fixed it for a few weeks.

many months later...

Dufferin Mazda replaced my transmission...That fixed it for a few weeks.

Gonna give \'em a call again today.

civiclad
09-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by AZDJedi

many months later...

I had an issue with the harsh shifting form 1st to 2nd gear. Took my car to Airport Mazda yesterday, and they reset the ECM (I believe) with the new code.
Now, it is so peppy and fast, plus no harsh shifting. I hope that whatever they did, fixed the problem permanently.

nifty6
09-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by civiclad

Originally posted by AZDJedi

many months later...

I had an issue with the harsh shifting form 1st to 2nd gear. Took my car to Airport Mazda yesterday, and they reset the ECM (I believe) with the new code.
Now, it is so peppy and fast, plus no harsh shifting. I hope that whatever they did, fixed the problem permanently.

Any idea what new code? does Mazda have a fix for this?
If you could find out from Airport Mazda I am sure many of use here who have the same problem would appreciate it
Thanks

mwaters
09-28-2005, 02:51 PM
civiclad, agreed with the above post. If you could get some more info from the dealer that would be great as others have the same issue at start up (myself included).

Thanks.

M34ME
10-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I\'d be intersted in knowing if reseting the coeds is still working for ya. To that guy who got his transmission replaced, how did you go about getting that done?

civiclad
10-07-2005, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by M34ME

I\'d be intersted in knowing if reseting the coeds is still working for ya. To that guy who got his transmission replaced, how did you go about getting that done?

So far, no harsh shifting and it is almost 3 weeks. And even with the temp being about +10 this morning there were no harsh shifts.

I would suggest you take your car to Airport Mazda and explain to the service rep about your problem. It seems they are aware of the correct fix.

On another note, I noticed Aiport Mazda replaced my gas cap. This one appears to be slightly different. If I have the time over the weekend I will take a pic.

M34ME
10-07-2005, 08:43 PM
I bought my car from Mazda of brampton, can I take my car to airport mazda? or will they look at me funny and tell me to go to mazda of brampton? I cant even imagine my car without the rough shifts, it happens pretty frequently, and the grounding of the throttle body did nothing. The only way to make is shift smooth in the morning is to let it rev high, but I shouldn\'t have to do that. Plus the engine is still cold at that time.

FLIPDADY
10-08-2005, 10:44 AM
You can take your car to any Mazda dealer you want. You\'re not obligated to take it to where you bought it.

MazdaTree
10-08-2005, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by M34ME

I bought my car from Mazda of brampton, can I take my car to airport mazda? or will they look at me funny and tell me to go to mazda of brampton? I cant even imagine my car without the rough shifts, it happens pretty frequently, and the grounding of the throttle body did nothing. The only way to make is shift smooth in the morning is to let it rev high, but I shouldn\'t have to do that. Plus the engine is still cold at that time.

Mazda of Brampton is one of the worst dealerships! I went there to get some touch-up paint one day and I just asked the service desk employee how much it would be for them to install my springs and he tells me they dont deal with aftermarket products:sarc ! If they dont deal with a/m i doubt they would like working on a car with aftermaket parts either.

I would suggest for you to go to MOT, it\'s quite a drive from brampton but really worth it!

M34ME
10-09-2005, 01:49 AM
Yeah I gotta find a good dealer to bring it to.

MazdaTree
10-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Mazda Of Toronto Helped me out in my time of need;) !
And plus while your waiting for your car to be serviced you can go chat with Joe (Flipspeed) in parts and see all the Mazda3 Goodies!

nifty6
10-09-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

You can take your car to any Mazda dealer you want. You\'re not obligated to take it to where you bought it.

Went into a dealer and asked about the updated wiper blades, I didn\'t buy the car there but they asked me if bought the car from them. Why would they ask? If I didn\'t buy it from them will I get crappy service?