PDA

View Full Version : I WANT CLEAN WINDOWS!

MAZDA Kitten
08-21-2005, 11:22 PM
What is everyone using to clean their windows?
I probably have tried 4 or 5 products; Eagle 20/20, Armor All, Gunk Foam Window Cleaner..... list goes on and on...

During the day they look fine but at night there are so many streak, grease and haze marks especially the front and rear windshield. Its so annoying... :(

Tips please

TheProfessor
08-21-2005, 11:37 PM
I just use good old Windex and it seems to do the trick.....usually have to go over the windows twice though for a streak free shine since I only do it a couple of times a year.

SABIO
08-22-2005, 12:51 AM
vinegar

majic
08-22-2005, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I just use good old Windex and it seems to do the trick.....usually have to go over the windows twice though for a streak free shine since I only do it a couple of times a year.

windex contains ammonia.. ammonia kills tints.. :(

MK, eagle 20/20 should do the trick - did you try spreading it with a newspaper? it works like a charm. I use RainX window cleaner and it\'s been ok.. you can try it @ next coffee time ;)

whatever you end up buying, make sure it says \"safe for tinted windows\"

TheProfessor
08-22-2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by majic

windex contains ammonia.. ammonia kills tints.. :(

Bah, I don\'t have tints so it\'s of no consequence to me :)

bubba1983
08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
carefull with the newspaper and flyers, ive noticed over the years that they have changed the ink they use, it runs a bit now as compared to back 5-10 years ago..

majic
08-22-2005, 09:08 AM
it\'s true.. and it\'s hard finding the good ones these days.. it seems like the better quality ones on the glossy paper don\'t run as much and leave a streakless windows

i also found out (thanks for MBN) that for the RainX you need to use a regular/paper towel due to the \'oily\' nature of the cleaner and it needs to be rubbed in.

MAZDA Kitten
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

vinegar

I hear that.. especially effective with a newspaper. But I hate the smell...
I noticed there is WINDEX with VINEGAR. So frustrating.. especially at night when its all streaky and hazed. And actually the Eagle 20/20 is probably the worst one I\'ve used

david3
08-22-2005, 06:09 PM
MONSTER iClean for Computer Displays <-- \'Apple Branded\'
or just the regular MONSTER cleaner at futureshop..

shit works great.. just use a microfibre cloth along with it. Alcohol and ammonia free.

m_a_t_r_i_x
08-22-2005, 06:43 PM
^^^ like he said.....i tried newspaper/charmois with windex- they all leave streaks....the best way so far for me is windex and wiping them off with microfiber cloth

lukel90
08-22-2005, 08:44 PM
i clean my windows with regular windex and a newspaper. Paper towels leave lint or small particles on the window. No streaks here. take your time with windows. THere is a streak free windex out there, never tried it so i dont know how good it is. DONT USE WINDEX ON TINTS.

just my .02

MAZDA Kitten
08-22-2005, 10:09 PM
I think I found a miracle product;
It is made by STONER called IVISIBLE GLASS. After tonights driving it is really HAZE and STREAK freak. I noticed a small area of hazing where I missed but will redo it. The can actually recommends you do it 2 or 3 times.

Stoner Invisible Glass cleans windshields, windows, and mirrors so well, you\'ll think they\'re invisible. Other glass cleaners use water and foamy surfactants or soaps. These inexpensive ingredients remove basic dirt, but leave streaky residues that are difficult or impossible to remove. Invisible Glass cleans fast with a powerful, non-streaking, non-abrasive formula. It evaporates 100% and contains NO surfactants, soaps, or foams.

Invisible Glass improves visibility for professional drivers, racers, and motoring enthusiasts. Quickly removes dust, dirt, bugs, sap, oil, grease, fingerprints, and more from glass. If you are a demanding auto detailer, a finicky car collector, a show-car exhibitor, or simply want an extremely clear and streak-free view, you need Invisible Glass.

STONER - INVISIBLE GLASS WEBSITE (http://www.invisibleglass.com/)

http://www.bumpdraft.com/ProdImages/InvisibleGlass3PK.jpg

bluntman
08-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Damn, and I was just at Walmart too! I forgot about this product.

mazda3boss
08-22-2005, 10:26 PM
stonners make good shiot, i gotta get me some of that

MAZDA Kitten
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Yep..and just when I thought I lost all hope.

I picked it up at Wal Mart... I was actually looking for some new wipers and then I looked up... lo and behold.. last can. Its where all the Rain-X and such products are (so you wont find it in the car care aisle).

Xenon
08-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I use Eagle One 20/20.... it does an excellent Job....

the trick to it is to use 2 towels or separate ends of the towel... one to wipe and partially dry, and the other to detail dry it.

I yse an absorbant bath towel to clean my windows.

-Spray on the 20/20

-Wipe it with one end of the towel, in ONE DIRECTION (Don\'t go in swirls, wipe in one direction, using the same side of the towel)

-Wipe it with the other end of the towel until all the windshield is perfectly dry. This step can be done in swirls or whatever direction you want since most of the moisture was removed in the last step

And there you have it.... a Perfectly clean windshield. Works for me every time.

Xenon
08-23-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by lukel90

i clean my windows with regular windex and a newspaper. Paper towels leave lint or small particles on the window. No streaks here. take your time with windows. THere is a streak free windex out there, never tried it so i dont know how good it is. DONT USE WINDEX ON TINTS.

just my .02

Windex is really bad news if you have Tints... The ammonia will eventually eat away at it and cause it to crack and/or bubble.

TheProfessor
08-26-2005, 11:05 AM
Just an update.....I too had read about the Stoner product \"Invisible Glass\" in magazines and had always been curious, so I went to CT and picked up a can since the windows in my 6 are exceptionally dirty. While I did have to do each window at least twice, the net result is perfectly clear windows. The product is easy to use, isn\'t prone to leaving streaks or marks, and does a fine job of removing all sorts of crap like marks, haze, etc.

All in all, I give this product two thumbs up.

jdanielsg
08-26-2005, 11:12 AM

Just an update.....I too had read about the Stoner product \"Invisible Glass\" in magazines and had always been curious, so I went to CT and picked up a can since the windows in my 6 are exceptionally dirty. While I did have to do each window at least twice, the net result is perfectly clear windows. The product is easy to use, isn\'t prone to leaving streaks or marks, and does a fine job of removing all sorts of crap like marks, haze, etc.

All in all, I give this product two thumbs up.

Will check it out.. ur talking for the outside right? What about the inside? If i have tints how do I clean yet not screw it up

majic
08-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by jdanielsg

Will check it out.. ur talking for the outside right? What about the inside? If i have tints how do I clean yet not screw it up

although the website doesn\'t say whether IG is tint safe, autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/waterspots.html) says it\'s tint safe.. so clean inside and outside till you can\'t see it :D

lukel90
08-26-2005, 01:22 PM
IG is tink safe. I dont know. maybe i used it wrong or somthing but i didnt like it. maybe a womans touch is simply better at cleaning windows...lol

Watch the next time i see you MK i get a shot in the gut for that one..lol

TheProfessor
08-26-2005, 01:31 PM
The Invisible Glass product says it is safe for window tints (it does on the bottle I have anyways). Also, I used it for both inside and out ;)

jdanielsg
08-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by majic

Originally posted by jdanielsg

although the website doesn\'t say whether IG is tint safe, autogeek (http://www.autogeek.net/waterspots.html) says it\'s tint safe.. so clean inside and outside till you can\'t see it :D

those micro fibers the exact ones mentioned on autogeek can you get them here ?

bluntman
08-27-2005, 10:54 AM
After checking 3 CTs and 2 Walmarts, I finally found IG, their last one too! Now I don\'t have to stick my head out the window while I drive like Ace Ventura.

http://www.dickeyschmid.com/me/AceVentura.jpg

///M
08-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Windex Auto (tint-safe ammonia-free formula)

bubba1983
08-30-2005, 08:54 AM
i jsu use regular tint safe foam....with the brown paper towel....do it twice, sparkly clean...lissen for the squeaky noise...

SABIO
08-30-2005, 09:09 PM
That stoner stuff is at costco.. 4 cans for $13 I think

TheProfessor
08-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Wow, that\'s an awesome price.....I paid like $7 for my can :(

majic
08-30-2005, 10:31 PM
walmart $5.68.. CT $6.99

TheProfessor
08-30-2005, 10:36 PM
I don\'t mind paying a little extra to not go to Walmart.....the wife and I determined long ago that we can\'t handle that place :hoho It\'s always packed, always ghetto, and you have to stand in line for at least 10 minutes to buy anything.

majic
08-30-2005, 10:41 PM

I don\'t mind paying a little extra to not go to Walmart.....the wife and I determined long ago that we can\'t handle that place :hoho It\'s always packed, always ghetto, and you have to stand in line for at least 10 minutes to buy anything.

on top of that.. proceeds go to the friends south of the 49th ;)

ahhh
09-26-2005, 12:24 AM
i picked up a 4 pk of this at Costco for 13 bucks

Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

I think I found a miracle product;
It is made by STONER called IVISIBLE GLASS. After tonights driving it is really HAZE and STREAK freak. I noticed a small area of hazing where I missed but will redo it. The can actually recommends you do it 2 or 3 times.

Stoner Invisible Glass cleans windshields, windows, and mirrors so well, you\'ll think they\'re invisible. Other glass cleaners use water and foamy surfactants or soaps. These inexpensive ingredients remove basic dirt, but leave streaky residues that are difficult or impossible to remove. Invisible Glass cleans fast with a powerful, non-streaking, non-abrasive formula. It evaporates 100% and contains NO surfactants, soaps, or foams.

Invisible Glass improves visibility for professional drivers, racers, and motoring enthusiasts. Quickly removes dust, dirt, bugs, sap, oil, grease, fingerprints, and more from glass. If you are a demanding auto detailer, a finicky car collector, a show-car exhibitor, or simply want an extremely clear and streak-free view, you need Invisible Glass.

STONER - INVISIBLE GLASS WEBSITE (http://www.invisibleglass.com/)

http://www.bumpdraft.com/ProdImages/InvisibleGlass3PK.jpg

1flycdnM3
10-03-2005, 04:46 PM
excellent find MK. I was just about to guy re-stock on some windex, but I will use this instead. Especially since $13 for a 4-pack at Costco!!!!!

.... *drives to Costco* .....