PDA

View Full Version : Blown engine

Ricky05M3GT
08-29-2005, 09:51 PM
Yup I blew my motor don\'t know how it happened but it did. Mazda is replacing my motor with a brand new one. Good thing for waranty.
My Mazda 3 gt has 28,800kms
Mods
Painted calipers
tien springs 1.6 drop
Aem Cold Air intake with air by pass valve
short shift
2 12\" Kickers CompVR

MAZDA Kitten
08-29-2005, 10:00 PM
Yikes.. any more details?
What exactly happened?? a buh...?

Ricky05M3GT
08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
I went to Timmies by Square One with my brother in-law and I had my system going and his buddies were looking at my car weird. When I got out of my car all you hear is really bad knocking noise coming from the motor. Had it towed to mazda and they said the motor is blown and wanted to see all the oil change reciepts. My new motor is in transit.

Spyder01
08-29-2005, 10:40 PM
wow...luckly its being covered under warrenty...but the engine is like the heart of the car...after its replaced, it wouldn\'t be the same again. I wonder if they\'ll reset the ODO when they replace the engine??

Ricky05M3GT
08-29-2005, 10:46 PM
I don\'t think they will but I\'ll post when I get my car back

awhoy
08-30-2005, 12:48 AM
Glad you were able to get a replacment under warranty. Did the dealer give you any hassle with the warranty, especially with your MODs? Just curious, do you push your car hard, like regular dosage of redline?

TheProfessor
08-30-2005, 08:18 AM
A friend of mine who had to have a new motor put in his VW did not have his odometer reset. Was your car acting strange prior to the motor dying?

skunk2
08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
im interested on the symptoms as well if there was any.

ds2chan
08-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Ricky05M3GT
I went to Timmies by Square One with my brother in-law and I had my system going and his buddies were looking at my car weird.

I\'m curious as to why you mentioned that ur brother-in-law\'s buddies were looking at ur car all weird.. did they notice something weird before it happened??

wtom
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

I\'m curious as to why you mentioned that ur brother-in-law\'s buddies were looking at ur car all weird.. did they notice something weird before it happened??

Hehe stated in the following sentence from what you quoted;

\" ... all you hear is really bad knocking noise coming from the motor.\"

lukel90
09-01-2005, 10:54 PM
i have a slight knock in my engine at idle. Or at least i can hear it better at idle when im standing in front of the car. I guess i should check this out at the dealer. I tried to put in a higher grade fuel and it was still knocking. Ill make an appointment to see if anything is up with it...

david3
09-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Listen to some other cars at a meet. You\'ll be able to hear the slight ticking (I\'m sure knocking would be much more noticable) on all of them.

Ricky05M3GT
09-03-2005, 12:50 AM
I put my original intake back in just so I wouldn\'t have any problems because I heard that they are getting really hard on that kind of thing. I don\'t push my car hard all the time I\'ve only pushed it maybe 5 times if anything. My brother in-laws buddies were looking at my car wierd was because they heard the noise it was making I couldn\'t hear it. There were no signs that something was wrong before it happened and even after it happened the gauges showed that there was nothing wrong.