PDA

View Full Version : Tint darkness for the color

JokersMaz3
09-06-2005, 01:10 PM
How dark of a tint would you put on your car, that would go with the color.

What would be a good darkness for my 05\' Silver Maz3

Broli
09-06-2005, 03:52 PM
not sure what ur asking?
are u talking about a coloured tint,
or are u saying how dark would you go on a silver 3?

if its the second one, it is a matter of personal taste i think,
some people like really really dark, some people are worried about law enforcement and
like to go lighter, some people like the the same all around, some like darker in the back

i have an orange 5 hatch, i went 35 all around, i am happy with it, a bit darker may have been
nice, but i wasn\'t willing to go to 20.

i can post a pic of my car if u want, but maybe u should ask someone to post a pic on a silver car
to see what u think!

:D

jimdragon8
09-06-2005, 04:20 PM
JokersMaz3,

I have a Silver M3 and I got 30% in the front and 20% in the back. This was the advice of the amazing people at FX Auto Tints in Markham. I was told it was the best transition from the front to the back. I think the tints on a Silver car, make it that much sleeker!!!:D :p

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/jimdragon8/IMG_0940.jpg

I know this pic is kind of dark, but you see the tints, ask Whodilly, he couldn\'t see me in the car yesterday!! :sarc

TheProfessor
09-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Wow, I\'m typically not a fan of silver cars but the silver MZ3\'s all just look so sharp.....nice!

JokersMaz3
09-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by jimdragon8

JokersMaz3,

I have a Silver M3 and I got 30% in the front and 20% in the back. This was the advice of the amazing people at FX Auto Tints in Markham. I was told it was the best transition from the front to the back. I think the tints on a Silver car, make it that much sleeker!!!:D :p

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y38/jimdragon8/IMG_0940.jpg

I know this pic is kind of dark, but you see the tints, ask Whodilly, he couldn\'t see me in the car yesterday!! :sarc

perfect. That sounds and looks like a nice tint darkness for silver.
And that has no problems with law or anything? i dunno

whodilly
09-06-2005, 10:58 PM
If you don\'t want the police to hassle you then go with the lighter tint in the front (%35) and dark in the back (%20). That would give you the greatest privacy but if you want it to just look sleek and don\'t care about the privacy then go %30-35 all around. It\'s awesome cause it\'s not too dark but you can just do your thing in your car without any one bothering you. I hate people that just stare at you while you\'re in your car (pet peeve). Now I\'ve got my personal bubble.

JokersMaz3
09-07-2005, 03:40 AM
sweet, thanks much.

jimdragon8
09-07-2005, 08:03 AM
I find that having 30% in the front and 20% in the back still isn\'t that dark. The front isn\'t bad and light still get through when you are under a street light. I guess JokersMaz3 will have a lot of decisions to make!! :p :) Good luck, hope to see you around and see what decision you make!

MZ3Luv
09-07-2005, 03:34 PM
This is an interesting Question because i\'m deciding too.. i would like to know where and how much can i do it for? is it life time warranty? like it if it bubbles and stuff like that.. also can some of you guys post some pics up while with your sun roof open under the sun? i think that would be the best way to see which one is darker and how dark it is... thank you so much..BTW i have a white 06 hatch GT

ahhh
09-07-2005, 04:41 PM
i went with 20% all around from FX Auto. Good during the day, but i find it a tad dark at night, especially when backing up. Maybe i should look into getting a brighter reverse light.

one thing i noticed though, there\'s alot more glare from other cars\' headlights, thru the rear window. it was really bad when it was first tinted, now its a bit better, yet still there

gotta love the factory tints on the Dodge trucks and minivans....dark as hell from the outside, nice and relatively bright from the inside.

whodilly
09-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Some pics from another post.
tint pics scroll down (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1991&page=3)