PDA

View Full Version : Mazdaspeed Rear Camber Links

DWMmotorsport
09-07-2005, 12:59 PM
We now carry the Mazdaspeed rear camber links in stock.. We have found that lowered Mazda 3\'s need them to get the camber back into the preferred range..
As always club discounts (17%) will apply to both parts and labour.
Call Kevin for special on alignment and install 416-798-7877

FLIPDADY
09-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey Kevin how\'d you get the DSG to bring that kit in so soon. I\'ve been trying for months.
It\'s quite pricey but it\'s worth it.

DWMmotorsport
09-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Its called contacts....
I let the right people know there was a need for this part.. We could not get the rear camber of a couple of customers cars back into spec after they had lowered their cars.. I asked Mazda because I think its unsafe to be driving the cars this way.. The number should be set up on the system if you want to order.. (may be on back order again ,they have improved the part from the one shown in the catalog.)

dramen007
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Kevin,

Here in Quebec, it\'s not so easy to order this camber kit from a mazda dealer and I wanna know if it was possible to order it from you and ship it to my home adress.

Tell me if is possible and the total price including tm3 discount! Thank you !

my email is : dramen007@msn.com

SABIO
10-06-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by dramen007
Here in Quebec, it\'s not so easy to order this camber kit from a mazda dealer and I wanna know if it was possible to order it from you and ship it to my home adress.

Tell me if is possible and the total price including tm3 discount! Thank you !

A discount for one post??? I don\'t think that is right... Do you come to our events or meets?
Do you support our local dealerships and aftermarket stores? The sponsors and supporters of this community?

?????

exactly... I vote no discount!

FLIPDADY
10-07-2005, 07:36 AM
Sorry we don\'t ship. You\'re local dealer should be able to get the camber arms b/c they are now available to order at any Mazda dealer. As for the discount you\'ll have to take that up with your local dealer.

mwaters
10-07-2005, 10:37 AM
Sabio - why are you concerned if a newbie gets a discount? If a dealer is offering a discount to the board than anyone on the board should get the discount. Do number of posts define whether someone is a \"real\" member?

majic
10-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by mwaters

Sabio - why are you concerned if a newbie gets a discount? If a dealer is offering a discount to the board than anyone on the board should get the discount. Do number of posts define whether someone is a \"real\" member?

read the bottom of this post (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=319&page=2#10114) (i forget where the original statement was) this used to be \'enforced\' and dealers would get lists and all but as the club grew i think they stopped keeping a close eye on these things.. the whole point was to promote \'activity\' among members (contributions, how tos, $, etc) and build up the community

FLIPDADY
10-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Hence the name \"Toronto Mazda 3 Club\".

I\'ll ship to you but you have to pay full price plus shipping.

swales
10-07-2005, 11:52 AM
Considering how big the Mazda 3 community is in Mtl, you would think you guys would set up the same deals with your dealers.

mwaters
10-07-2005, 11:58 AM
majic, that makes sense. The business needs to have some level of control over who they give a discount to.

Flipspeed, I would have thought this club/forum was open to anyone with an M3 or interest in the car, I guess the club is exclusive rather than inclusive.

swales
10-07-2005, 12:13 PM

majic, that makes sense. The business needs to have some level of control over who they give a discount to.

Flipspeed, I would have thought this club/forum was open to anyone with an M3 or interest in the car, I guess the club is exclusive rather than inclusive.

This club is open to anyone with a MZ3 (not M3\'s, those are different cars :p) , but this community is also a \"real\" community and not just an online one.

mwaters
10-07-2005, 12:23 PM
I expected to be beaten down and that\'s ok. Swales, thanks, I couldn\'t remember if I was on a Mazda or BMW forum but thanks for the clarification.

I never commented on or put down any of the club members who contribute to this forum and/or those who get together at meets or other functions outside the forum. This is all great and is what keeps a great site like this going.

My whole point is not to exclude someone because they are new to the board or not from the GTA.

swales
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
http://forums.maxima.org/images/smilies/nopity.gif

SABIO
10-07-2005, 04:13 PM
IMy whole point is not to exclude someone because they are new to the board or not from the GTA.

I agree. Anyone and everyone is welcome to read, post answers and questions. Come to events/meets if they choose. Share stories/pictures. Ask for advice, blah , blah, blah.....
I have helped a few people in my short time here.... even jacked up a car and painted someone elses calipers............

My point was he is asking for a discount. And he dosen\'t care about anything that has gone on before to earn that discount from the dealers.

billyfo
10-07-2005, 07:02 PM
as majic said, there was rules before a member could be enjoying discount, including attend our monthly meet. but now, rules are dropped, so hopefully make anyone who just join our club can have club prices. rules were stated to prevent so call \"member\" who only interested the discount but not commit to our club, that\'s what Xenon said.

chinsterr
10-08-2005, 12:37 PM
back on the subject ...

rear camber kit ?

do our lowered MZ3s really need this kit to stay within spec? I read in another post that there is no need for these kits (i think it was Sabio\'s post).

I just bought Tein H-Techs and plan on lowering the car next spring, must i spend another $---.00 for this kit ?

Chinsterr

FLIPDADY
10-08-2005, 01:31 PM
You will need the camber kit to properly correct that rear negative camber. In other words doing your lowering the right way. In your case I don\'t think you\'ll need to. The H.Tech\'s don\'t go as low as the S.Tech\'s.

billyfo
10-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Joe, I think you are the one have ordered the kit, right? do you recieve or install it yet??

SABIO
10-08-2005, 04:50 PM
I think it is not needed.

But only by getting your alignment checked will verify if your camber is in/out of spec.

Mine wasn\'t after I installed my H-Techs. As with everything, there is variation in manufacturing tolerances. My car was in spec. Your car might be over spec. when you install your springs.

FLIPDADY
10-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by billyfo

Joe, I think you are the one have ordered the kit, right? do you recieve or install it yet??
If you want me to order it no problem.

billyfo
10-11-2005, 10:33 PM
let me save some $ first:D . I still yet decide what to do, springs only or coilover?

but would you know how much is the kit? thanks

///M
10-12-2005, 02:14 AM
^ Coils!...and come join us at the track. I\'d suggest springs if the car won\'t see track use - it rides more comfortably and there aren\'t many situations on the street where you can take full advantage of the coilovers.

That said, the coilovers handle significantly better than the springs, that are already an improvement from stock.

As for camber...this would be great. :p
http://www.awrracing.com/pages/06MX5R/image/e_mg_3436.jpg

FLIPDADY
10-12-2005, 08:38 AM
The cost for the kit is $289.54 plus taxes.

FLIPDADY
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
The Mazdaspeed drop spirings come with the rear camber arms. I guess that\'s why the kit costs so much.

DWMmotorsport
01-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Mazdaspeed use to sell just springs for the protege.. They sell the camber links with the springs for the M3 for a reason. Remember the whole suspension design is from Mazda\'s engineering dept.In this case I think the engineers won against the marketers. They felt the need to include the links to make sure the car met their high standards.. Also remember camber changes as a wheel travels through its arc (thats why the race MX5 is set so extreme). During their testing the must have been camber angles achieved with just springs that they didnt like. Hence the camber link design.
Just my 2 cents worth.

MidnightSpeed
01-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

The cost for the kit is $289.54 plus taxes.

Just for the camber links?!? Wow :hoho