PDA

View Full Version : Heel-toe - do I need to add a wider brake padel?

lulu
09-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I have been driving my Mazda3 standard for a month, and I love it. I want to learn heel-toe technique myself. I find the brake padel is too tiny for my left foot to do heel-toe. Do I need to change it to a wider brake padel? Any recommandation?

Thanks.

Whos ur dadd
09-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Wear bigger shoes. Free mod... if you have bigger shoes.

whodilly
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM
The aftermarket pedal kits do help with heel toe (or in my case left and right side of my foot) cause they reduce the space between the brake and the gas. I find the pedals in the Mz3 are already pretty close but the pedal covers help to lengthen the gas pedal so you can press it while braking.

The technique I use is to brake with the left side of my foot and angle the right side to press the gas . If you watch the Motegi battle in the vid section there is one part where they show one one of the driver\'s feet as he goes into hard braking (just under 1 min).

wtom
09-08-2005, 06:07 PM
I\'m totally fine with toe-on-brake heel/right-on-gas on the factory pedals. Just spend some time practicing in an empty parking lot and you will get use to the car\'s pedals/positioning.

SABIO
09-08-2005, 09:01 PM
:sarc

is there a good explaination of heel-toe somewhere.... some of us just don\'t get it.

Krakilin
09-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I bought clip on pedals to make all the pedals a bit bigger...

MAZDA Kitten
09-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

:sarc

is there a good explaination of heel-toe somewhere.... some of us just don\'t get it.

If you have bearshare or limewire or something... download a Japanese racing video\' there is a video camera in the footwell.. crazy foot action :D

1flycdnM3
09-10-2005, 05:04 PM
I find it pretty easy to do, but then again I have big feet :)

still mastering the \"e-brake/reverse 2F2F maneuver\" though :D