PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose a colour!

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Okay, the wife and I are set to put a deposit down on our second MZ3 (sedan, GT w/ GFX) and we can\'t decide which colour to go for. We have only ever owned white cars and love the colour, so the new pearl white is one of the two choices while the black is the opposition! So my question is, which should we get. Keep in mind the following: I no longer have enough free time in my life to baby the car the way I used to, so it\'ll get a wash maybe once every other week, and I will NOT spend the time to wax and polish the car regularly.

All of my friends and family who own or have owned black cars have told me not to get black because it\'s such a pain to keep clean, and they really only look amazing when clean. In contrast, I know what to expect with a white car since this will be our sixth! We are honestly split 50/50 right now and want to go put a deposit down tomorrow.

So?

AFbunnie
09-09-2005, 08:58 AM
If you have a artic white already, I don\'t know why you\'d think of getting another one near white. I know its a new colour and all, but black seems like a better go.. I know there\'s lots of work to maintain a black car as well, but try something new~ get a colour you haven\'t had before!

lol.. and you should know, having all those white cars before, that its a PAIN to keep a white car looking half decent after a rainfall. Seeing all those black spots of water on my car drives me crazy!

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Good point, but seeing the white 3 in your avatar makes me want the white even more.....drool.

majic
09-09-2005, 09:18 AM
what about RED :D

but seriously.. if you have the arctic white and then the pearl white, one will look weird compared to the other when sitting in the driveway so it might make you want to repaint one of them at some point :p

how about down the middle and get silver.. covers up the dirt better than any of your colour choices :)

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 09:24 AM
I knew of all the members on this board to not choose white or black but rather introduce another colour it would be you Majic :D

Nope, it has to be one of the above, and we live in a condo and don\'t park next to each other!

majic
09-09-2005, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

I knew of all the members on this board to not choose white or black but rather introduce another colour it would be you Majic :D

Nope, it has to be one of the above, and we live in a condo and don\'t park next to each other!

i\'m glad i don\'t dissapoint..

ok then get white - since they aren\'t together.. done.. :zzz

MAZDA Kitten
09-09-2005, 09:42 AM
Get the blackkkk.. its so nice and when the sun hits it its just sparkles. It almost looks very dark gunmetal instead of just the generic black that most car manufacturers use. I say go black.. its different. Break out of the norm!

Broli
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
hmmmmmmmm . . .
well if orange was available, i know you would get it!

since it is not, and u r between white and black i will help ya out ;)

the white looks nicer IMO
but, u already have enough white, so get black!

problem solved . . .
lol
:p

cphowitzer
09-09-2005, 09:55 AM
black.. Its class.

MAZDA Kitten
09-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Here this should help you :)
One of my favourites;

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/552000-552999/552940_36_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/552000-552999/552940_47_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/552000-552999/552940_2_full.jpg

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 10:09 AM
We went to Scarboro Mazda yesterday since it\'s close to our place to see if they had the two colours and sure enough, they did. We just stood in the parking lot looking like idiots for 15 minutes as if we were watching a tennis game......black on the right and pearl white on the left. Both cars were dirty and the white looked better, but on our way out we saw a clean black hatch and it looked so classy!

bluntman
09-09-2005, 10:15 AM
White is the new black.

cphowitzer
09-09-2005, 11:34 AM
those pics r sick

SoopaBanana
09-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Hmmm... If I can go back in time I\'d probably still get a white... but here\'s my little pro-con list for u:

White Pros:
- Don\'t need to wax (because it doesn\'t make much of a diff)
- Looks amazing with LED tails (heh heh...)
- Seems more JDM than all other colours... Don\'t know why

White Cons:
- Birds seem to aim for white cars when delivering their \"unwanted gifts\"
- About 200+ white hatches in Markham area

Black Pros:
- Looks pristine when waxed
- Looks great with tint
- Only colour I\'d get if I didn\'t get white

Good luck Psivic... lol

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
SoopBanana, thanks, but you didn\'t list any Con\'s for the black.....does that mean you don\'t think it has any?

You know, it\'s strange how you said that in the Markham area there are what seem to be hundreds of white hatches......I only see other white hatches when I\'m in my work area (Richmond Hill). When I\'m at home (North York), I don\'t see nearly as many.

Either way, we\'re looking at a sedan this time and I never see too many of those in white regardless of where I am.

SoopaBanana
09-09-2005, 01:15 PM
Oooh I don\'t see a lot of white sedans either... That\'s a good thing! There are some cons with black but I don\'t wanna get shot by MazdaKitten... hahahaha.... :p

bubu416
09-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Time for a change, go for the Black. :p

Black Mz3 can be real Pimpin\' when you tint it real dark, lowered, and maybe even some bada$$ Chrome!

TheProfessor
09-09-2005, 01:49 PM
Okay, some more background info.....we don\'t intend on lowering it, adding any type of chrome, or tinting the windows.....this goes for either colour.

SoopaBanana
09-09-2005, 01:52 PM
Why no tint? How else would I know that you\'re from TM3 if you don\'t tint it 30/20?? hehehe

bubu416
09-09-2005, 02:24 PM

Okay, some more background info.....we don\'t intend on lowering it, adding any type of chrome, or tinting the windows.....this goes for either colour.

In that case....GO FOR THE BLACK....caz there\'s wwaaaayyy too many stock whites around already.
And with the new Pearl White... its just gonna get worse! :(

bubba1983
09-09-2005, 03:37 PM
erm.....ti grey!

MAZDA Kitten
09-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by SoopaBanana

There are some cons with black but I don\'t wanna get shot by MazdaKitten... hahahaha.... :p

http://needlenose.com/i/fubar/kittensniper.jpg

LOL

The only con of any black vehicle is obviously dirt shows up more on it.
White was my first choice when I bought my car and honestly I couldnt be happier with how things turned out :) Just get black... you know you want something different ;)

Whos ur dadd
09-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Get white. A black car looks great for an hour after you wash it. After the film of dust that inevitably goes on in minutes, it\'ll look just so so.

White is very classy and elegant.

I was surprised by how nice the Sand Mica is too. It looks very cwassy as well.

Mica3SGT
09-09-2005, 09:36 PM
black looks awesome even when it\'s dirty and it gives me another reason to caress her lovely flanks as I wash and wax. There\'s no shower better than with black lassie....

TheProfessor
09-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT

black looks awesome even when it\'s dirty and it gives me another reason to caress her lovely flanks as I wash and wax. There\'s no shower better than with black lassie....

Riigggggghhhhhhhtttttt, I don\'t know about all that, but as I stated above, I don\'t have the time to regularly wash and especially wax the car, so realistically the car would have that dust film on it most of the time.

DeLaY_NoMoRe
09-10-2005, 01:47 AM
WHITE! WHITE! WHITE!

One thing I like about the white colour when I actually compared my car w/other colour, the white colour can VIRTUALLY make ur car looked BIGGER than any other colour ones, especially dark colour ones! Anyone here also found that? and PSIVIC: u said this is about the 6th WHITE car that u are going to have, then I guess u should honor ur TASTE! :D

1flycdnM3
09-10-2005, 05:13 PM
BLACK! BLACK! BLACK!

I had a white car before and looooooooooooove black. Even though I am retarded and wash my car like 3-4 times a week now, but looks sooooooooooooooo much better!!!! :D

TheProfessor
09-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Well, the wife and I went and bought a car from Jeff today...........we literally had not decided until we were in the parking lot of Avante Mazda! Jeff was awesome by the way....totally lived up to the hype. If you\'re looking at getting any Mazda I would strongly recommend going to see him.

Ultimately I was still 50/50 and so was my wife. We liked both colours equally, and since we already have a white car we figured it would be as good a time as any to venture away from white. So, we are now awaiting the arrival of our first non-white car......a 2006 Mazda3 GT, GFX, CD changer in Black Mica :)

Thanks for all the input guys (and gals), much appreciated!

Anyone know somebody who wants to buy a Mazda6 :D

awhoy
09-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Congrats on your new car. Black looks really classy.

MAZDA Kitten
09-11-2005, 11:52 AM

a 2006 Mazda3 GT, GFX, CD changer in Black Mica :)

Welcome to the club :D and congrats on the new car. We have twins!

TheProfessor
09-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Welcome to the club :D and congrats on the new car. We have twins!

Just an update......the wife and I went back to Avante on Sunday when they were closed and closely looked at both the black and pearl white and decided that we liked the white better, so today we switched! So now we are getting the same car in Snowflake White Pearl, and according to Jeff it\'s already at Port in BC and should be here in 3-4 weeks!

So yeah, our sixth white car is on it\'s way :D

MAZDA Kitten
09-12-2005, 05:16 PM
*sob* :(

TheProfessor
09-12-2005, 05:33 PM
MK, sorry, but you have to admit that we must love white cars for us to have owned six so far. The black is nice no doubt, but I think we\'re going to be more comfortable with the white.

MAZDA Kitten
09-12-2005, 06:22 PM
Congrats on the snowflake then :D
I know... white was my first choice but I dont regret the black. I luvvv her XOXOX

Broli
09-13-2005, 09:34 AM
PSIVIC is just mean lol!

he was just toying with us, he knew he was gonna buy the white the whole time!

lol

i guess in the game of cat and mouse PSIVIC is the cat and MK is the mouse . . .

lol

:hoho

congrats on the new car man!

:D

TheProfessor
09-13-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks Broli, I really had no idea we would end up with the white......we were truly 50/50 until Sunday.

Even though we have a 3 already I\'m still so excited to get this one, and sad at the same time to be selling my 6.

Broli
09-13-2005, 06:53 PM
haha

no worries man!

i know u weren\'t toying with us, but still it was pretty funny, u must admit!
and
true, sad to give up the 6, but i personally think u made the right decision!
i like the looks of the 3 better!

maybe i am biased . . .

Junior
09-14-2005, 09:50 AM
get the black one ;)

TheProfessor
09-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Junior

get the black one ;)

:sarc :p

Broli
09-14-2005, 11:21 AM
lol
its true
u still have time to change ur mind one last time . . .

TheProfessor
09-14-2005, 11:23 AM
Nope, the more we think about it the happier we are with the white. We got the VIN from Jeff already and it\'s on it\'s way from the port in BC.

Broli
09-14-2005, 11:49 AM
haha

done and done eh!!

but this was a fun topic with all the turmoil and contraversy!

haha

wtom
09-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Congrats PSIVIC :D

TheProfessor
09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Thank you very much.....I think I might be the only member who has two MZ3\'s!

Junior
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
dude, get the black ;)

Jeff-TheBiz
09-14-2005, 05:25 PM
I\'m just glad that you two could decide...

Not like this couple:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/Jafarthebiz/CIMG0042.jpg

yikes...

TheProfessor
09-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Yeah, thanks for everything Jeff.

Junior, if a Westsider is telling me to get black then I know I made the right decision getting the white :hoho

Junior
09-14-2005, 06:39 PM

Yeah, thanks for everything Jeff.

Junior, if a Westsider is telling me to get black then I know I made the right decision getting the white :hoho :D

Broli
09-14-2005, 06:48 PM
lol
ouch!

now that u see that blue and yellow,
i know you are wishin u could change one more time. . . :p

seriously, that is a nice yellow . . . :drool

TheProfessor
09-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I wish we got the yellow in Canada......it\'s really nice.

majic
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
so hawt..

http://members.cox.net/mikeburke13/cf/4.jpg

http://members.cox.net/mikeburke13/cf/7.jpg

Broli
09-14-2005, 08:31 PM

Yeah, I wish we got the yellow in Canada......it\'s really nice.

fo sho!!!

but the corvette yellow is nicer!!!

haha

but we all know PSIVIC would have told us he is getting the yellow, and then . . .
\"woops, the delivered the car in white so . . .\"
j/k
lol

ok last time i make that joke,
i promise!:hoho

btw, the black badging looks nice on the yellow, looks like its gonna sting ya

cphowitzer
09-14-2005, 09:16 PM
hhaha that blue/yellow car is sick