PDA

View Full Version : has anyone bought HID from here xenondepot

SABIO
09-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Is this new stuff they have? Phillips bulbs and New Phillips Gen 4 ballasts?? Any Good?

$380 would be $450 cdn. Good price for Phillips.....
http://www.xenondepot.com/product.php?product_id=3

bubba1983
09-18-2005, 07:26 AM
stick with xenonexpert.com
...no duties!!

RedRaptor
09-18-2005, 09:16 AM
XenonDepot is based out of Toronto, Ontario as well, so there is no duties with them either.

TheProfessor
09-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Other than price, I have never ever heard anything bad about Xenon Depot and their kits. I\'ve seen them in person on a number of different vehicles and would be my first choice if I had the $$$.

SABIO
09-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I\'m not to excited about their *1 year limited warrenty* What\'s that all about?
\"Burst / exploded HID bulbs are not covered by warranty\"???????

Cheaper kits with no-name bulbs have better warrenty. Maybe I should call them during the week and see whats up.

midnightfxgt
09-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

stick with xenonexpert.com
...no duties!!

I ordered from them on a few occasions... and their was duties. Oliver charges you tax on the goods, has them shipped from Cali, and then you get dinged taxes again on the way over the boarder. :sarc It sucks. Albeit it was only like $20!

-John

///M
09-18-2005, 06:54 PM
Speedstar (http://www.speedstar.ca) sells the XD kits locally.

Kevin@nextmod
10-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I planning to get HID before winter comes. And my question is are there any specific brands that you guys recommend or suggest? What are the prices and name and where can i get them?

Will the brand actually matter much? I mean not the highly expensive ones, i\'m sure those are better but i\'m saying around $500.

majic
10-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

I planning to get HID before winter comes. And my question is are there any specific brands that you guys recommend or suggest? What are the prices and name and where can i get them?

Will the brand actually matter much? I mean not the highly expensive ones, i\'m sure those are better but i\'m saying around $500.

a little (just a tad) older thread can be found here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2182) if you just used the search feature.. no no.. i\'m not picking JUST on you AGAIN..

most ppl on this board have either, phillips, prolumen or xtec.. there are eurolites, apexcone and others.. look around for a thread where lockdown was selling a kit installed for $499 + tax IIRC - but don\'t quote me on that one.. click on a link in my sig to see my HID kit.

Kevin@nextmod
10-02-2005, 09:14 AM
I just checked at pmall yesterday and saw the eurolite hids 8000k selling for $500 with 1 year waranty. Is that worth it?

On the other hand a friend of mine is selling his used Hella HID 6000k for $500 (original price $800) with new bulbs since he just got new ones. Which one would you guys recommend me getting? Or go with the one Majic has or whoever have better suggestions?

S.F.W.
10-02-2005, 09:34 AM
I would not suggest the eurolite 8000k kits. Unless you want something that is very blue, and will give the cops a reason to pull you over. Stick with a kit 6000k or lower, again phillips, prolumen, or xtec. All good kits, all have lifetime warranty.

Kevin@nextmod
10-02-2005, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

I would not suggest the eurolite 8000k kits. Unless you want something that is very blue, and will give the cops a reason to pull you over. Stick with a kit 6000k or lower, again phillips, prolumen, or xtec. All good kits, all have lifetime warranty.

What prices do the prolumen, xtec runs for? excluding installation because i got a friend that is helping me install. And for the waranty factor is that for everything that comes with the kit or anything not included in the waranty? and Where do i get it replaced?

majic
10-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

What prices do the prolumen, xtec runs for? excluding installation because i got a friend that is helping me install. And for the waranty factor is that for everything that comes with the kit or anything not included in the waranty? and Where do i get it replaced?

this is what i mean when i say you don\'t listen/read (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3593#50772)

as for warranty.. nobody knows, lol.. many ppl had problems but it usually covers everything and ballasts and bulbs are the most likely to go anyway, just a matter of 1yr 3yrs or lifetime.. replacement usually happens through the vendor..

doughboyr6
09-09-2006, 02:08 AM
so has anyone bought one of these kits from xenondepot? i\'m seriously considering it....

CoolColombian
09-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Looks like a great kit, Phillips Ultra Slim ballast and Phillips bulbs, what else you can ask for?? just get your $500 and buy it, i think no one has tried those yet but i think is obviously better than any Prolumen, Xtec or any other japanese brand out there.

Just my .2

doughboyr6
09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
i read a lot of failures with the Gen4 slim ballasts, so i\'d get the slightly cheaper Gen3 kit w/ the proven OEM ballasts....

but still, i\'m debating if it is better to get rebased bulbs, or get the standard D2S bulbs and get a separate D2S to H7 adaptor....

but then HIDPLANET has an entire combo w/ better bosch projector for like $400USD?? that\'s pretty damn cheap considering w/ projectors no?