PDA

View Full Version : Clear bra?

Hatch_GT
09-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I keep hearing ppl saying their putting clear bra on there car and/or have a clear bra on their car.
I was wondering what is a clear bra? and what does it do? and where can i do it for a good price?

majic
09-18-2005, 11:33 AM
clear bra (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) :sarc

bluntman
09-18-2005, 11:45 AM
That\'s \"1\"

majic
09-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

That\'s \"1\"

errr..

this was 1 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3539#47580)

McGuyver_3
10-13-2005, 01:36 AM
clear bra is somthing that goes on top of your hood either body colour or see through that protects the hood and other parts from rock chips. Were to get one cheap i recomend ebay i baught mine for 10 us the other day waiting on deliver cant wait

Hanif
11-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by my_mazda3

clear bra is somthing that goes on top of your hood either body colour or see through that protects the hood and other parts from rock chips. Were to get one cheap i recomend ebay i baught mine for 10 us the other day waiting on deliver cant wait

BODY COLOUR???.......since when???....lol....how can body colour = CLEAR??...

anyway.....just google \"clear bra\"....when i got mine, there were only 2 manufacturers...3M and Llumar.......basically the clear bra is a much better replacement to the vinyl car bras you can get at canadian tire

djltoronto
11-26-2005, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by Hatch_GT

I keep hearing ppl saying their putting clear bra on there car and/or have a clear bra on their car.
I was wondering what is a clear bra? and what does it do? and where can i do it for a good price?

Clear bra on a Mazda 3 (http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djleblanc@rogers.com/album?.dir=ef5d&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http% 3a//ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/djleblanc@rogers.com/my_photos)

Look close. It\'s pretty hard to see on the last few pics

DrunknFoo
11-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Nice shots djltoronto :)

Had alot of ppl recommend to get the clear bra done. It\'s not too expensive so why not?
Picking up my 06 Mazda 3 Sport GT (winning blue) on tuesday once I get my insurance settled... I Can\'t wait!

On my first day off from work, I\'ll definately get my tint/clear bra (i like to call it condom wrap) at FXAuto. :)

djltoronto
11-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by DrunknFoo

Nice shots djltoronto :)

Had alot of ppl recommend to get the clear bra done. It\'s not too expensive so why not?
Picking up my 06 Mazda 3 Sport GT (winning blue) on tuesday once I get my insurance settled... I Can\'t wait!

On my first day off from work, I\'ll definately get my tint/clear bra (i like to call it condom wrap) at FXAuto. :)

The only regret I have about my clear bra is that I did not get it earlier. My next car will get a clear bra the day I buy it (or very soon after)

I got mine installed about 6 months after buying the car, and there were a few stone chips already, nothing major, but I would have absolutely no chips if I had it installed from day 1.

Hanif
11-28-2005, 06:24 PM
NICE pics djltoronto...I say that because my 3 is also winning blue...hehehe :D

Hanif
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM

hehe.....never heard that one before.....i\'ve heard saran wrap though

btw, I got mine done at FX as well...the first time I drove the car after bringing it home from the dealership was straight to FX to get tint/clear bra/rustproofing done........and i live in ETOB!

DrunknFoo
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Hanif

btw, I got mine done at FX as well...the first time I drove the car after bringing it home from the dealership was straight to FX to get tint/clear bra/rustproofing done........and i live in ETOB!

I think saran wrap will do just as well :)

Hanif
11-30-2005, 01:11 PM

:) :D :p

ds2chan
11-30-2005, 03:00 PM

has anybody tried using saran wrap?? it might be cheaper.. :p

oh come on.. it was funny.. u know I\'m joking.. :hoho :sarc

Hanif
11-30-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

has anybody tried using saran wrap?? it might be cheaper.. :p

oh come on.. it was funny.. u know I\'m joking.. :hoho :sarc

I wonder how much it would cost for a clear bodysuit (as suppose to just a bra) :p :D

Just think of it....your entire car is protected from head to toe

DrunknFoo
12-01-2005, 03:40 AM
I wonder how much it would cost for a clear bodysuit (as suppose to just a bra) :p :D

Hmmm, i think after some wear and tear, the car will look awkward...?, even though their is a pretty sweet warrenty that comes with the bra, hmmm call in and ask i guess?

I think paint protection and waxing it every 4 months should keep you safe...

Hanif
12-01-2005, 06:37 PM

Hmmm, i think after some wear and tear, the car will look awkward...?, even though their is a pretty sweet warrenty that comes with the bra, hmmm call in and ask i guess?

I think paint protection and waxing it every 4 months should keep you safe...

I was only kidding...lol.....i think it cost $375 for just the front portion of the hood + surrounding area, side mirrors, and a tiny area by the bottom of the rear doors.....my estimate based on that would be somewhere in the $5000+ range for the entire car!!

MajesticBlueNTO
12-01-2005, 11:22 PM

there\'s a rumour of an RX-8 owner getting his entire car covered with 3M or llumar film. it cost around $8000, iirc.

Hanif
12-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

there\'s a rumour of an RX-8 owner getting his entire car covered with 3M or llumar film. it cost around $8000, iirc.

WOW!!!.....i was close.....actually, to tell you the truth...i actually estimated more but wrote 5000....that\'s why i put the \"+\" in there... :p

for $8000 more.....we all could have BOUGHT an RX-8 instead of our 3!