PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof Leak

DJB
09-19-2005, 06:37 PM
Ok... on the couple of times that I\'ve been lazy and taken my car to the car wash (No touch pressure car wash), I\'ve noticed that my sunroof (when the jet sprays are cleaning the top of the car) leaks pretty bad. However, I\'m not getting any leaking when it rains. Must be the high pressure spray from the car wash. Just wondering if this is normal or if anybody else is having this problem?

bluntman
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
It\'s the pressure from the pressure washers, I only get a drop or two, so it\'s not too bad for me.

billyfo
09-19-2005, 08:33 PM
I also have 1 or 2 drop when using car wash, may be the rubber around the corner???

awhoy
09-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Mines leaks a lot of water when it goes through a touchless wash. The problem is there is not enough pressure holding up the sunroof when it is closed. If you try to press the rear edge of the sunroof down wards when it is closed, it doesn\'t take much effort to move it.

nifty6
09-20-2005, 11:31 AM
No leaks here. I use the coin wash only. Maybe still not enough pressure from the wand to cause a leak.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DJB

I\'ve noticed that my sunroof (when the jet sprays are cleaning the top of the car) leaks pretty bad.

Close the sunroof... :p

DJB
09-20-2005, 08:54 PM
I knew someone was gonna say that sooner or later :p

Guess I\'ll just have to hastle AVANTI when the water damage starts happening lol.

Jeff-TheBiz
09-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by DJB

I knew someone was gonna say that sooner or later :p

Guess I\'ll just have to hastle AVANTI when the water damage starts happening lol.

I believe I have already given you a Pail and a Sponge... Just kidding.. :D

chaser
09-21-2005, 10:40 AM
I had the water leakage problem once at CanTire\'s touchless wash; no problem with Esso and Sunoco.