PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Importfest

chimp
09-22-2005, 07:30 AM
hey guys
just seeing if anybody is going to importfest either as a competitor or a visitor. I would have to say that this is by far my favourite show. Ive entered HIN, DKN and Dub shows all over and by far this show is my favourite. there will be some cars there that are really worth checking out.
So if anyone is going or entering send in a message...lets get the 3 representing, last year mine was the only one there.

midnightfxgt
09-22-2005, 10:50 AM
I will have my car there. I am the only one from the boards as far as I know. I posted this a few weeks ago, and no one is in :(

IF has shitty classes from what I see on their site. No class for us lol

-John

TheProfessor
09-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by chimp

hey guys
just seeing if anybody is going to importfest either as a competitor or a visitor. I would have to say that this is by far my favourite show. Ive entered HIN, DKN and Dub shows all over and by far this show is my favourite. there will be some cars there that are really worth checking out.
So if anyone is going or entering send in a message...lets get the 3 representing, last year mine was the only one there.

Which HIN show(s) have you entered.....must have driven quite a ways.

chimp
09-22-2005, 08:36 PM
classwise i beleive if 5 cars pre register they will get us our own class.
Hot import nights i was in Chicago...supposed to be in cleveland but can\'t turn down OT at work. 6 hour drive for chicago was well worth it. i can\'t wait to get there next year. i heard rumblings that the performance world show or what ever show is in february in toronto may become a Hot Import Nights to help boost show attendance...if so my car will be on a trailer down there for sure.

-RJ3-
09-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey chimp a couple of buddies from the toprotege are going... Im also hearing that to avoid re-parking the cars the next day, IMPORTFEST wants to have all cars who join kept overnight.

They say the building will be secured.

In addition, IMPORTFEST is for wild mods, not mild, so If I were to join, my car would look stock to the other guys that participated in it. I\'m still unsure if I will go to IMPORTFEST, but how was it last year?

:p

midnightfxgt
09-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Importfest resgistration is full. To get in now you have to go on a waiing list.

-John

chimp
09-26-2005, 02:25 PM
i didn\'t have any problems leaving my car in there over night last year. almost all indoor shows are required to have your car in the day before...exibitors are working all night to get set up usually and they want us out of the way. i didn\'t realize the show is full. i don\'t take care of the registations they called me to see if i was going again and i just direct them to my club manager who handles everything. but if you think you want to go i would consider getting on the list since it is a great time... my club gets 4 suites overlooking the feild so we don\'t even have to move if we don\'t want to which is kinda nice. anyway hope to see some of you guys there. we all where pit shirts (black with 2 white stripes) and Garageworks on the back so i should be easy to find.
Keith

midnightfxgt
09-26-2005, 06:21 PM
Keith, we\'ll have to chat. I will be there with my team from teamslipstream.com. I will be checking out your ride and saying whats up to Scotty as well ;)

-John

MazdaTree
09-27-2005, 02:03 AM
i\'ll make sure to come say hi to the guys that are in the show, my gf surprised me by buying me tickets!:D

anyone else from the club going? either to be in or spectate?

Broli
09-27-2005, 08:10 PM
i may be there to spectate
not sure yet

Xerox
10-19-2005, 08:30 PM
So who\'s going as a spectator? I\'m planning on going.
Where can I find free tix or discount/coupons!??!

chimp
10-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Hum is going to spectate at the show...he\'s from London and driving down there.
its going to be a good day, aslong as the hangover isn\'t too bad saturday.
see ya\'ll there
i\'ll be easy to find since my entire club is going and we where the same thing so track me down!
Later

-RJ3-
10-22-2005, 08:43 AM
So whose rolling down to Importfest?

bubba1983
10-22-2005, 11:01 AM
negative

S.F.W.
10-22-2005, 11:05 AM
I wanted to spectate, but nobody really had interest in goung...

MazdaTree
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
I was down there today. I checked out John & CHIMPS ride. John and I were admiring his front lip kit and just talking about the 3 etc. When I went to check out Chimps ride, I didn\'t see anybody around. BOTH OF THE 3\'s LOOKED PIMP! Props to John & Chimp for startin it up @ importfest for the 3\'s. I saw the guy from TOP with the RX8 rims on the black protege, that red rxxx7 from mom05, aswell as fifth gear and all there sweet rides (2 rx8s(best in show mom05) and a denali). Lockdown was also in the house! and that guy with the scion xb.

S.F.W.
10-22-2005, 10:03 PM
was lockdown vending or showing off a car?

bubba1983
10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
the white scion xb sporting 5ive19 on the windsheild..?

MazdaTree
10-23-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

was lockdown vending or showing off a car?
Lockdown was vending and showing off 2 cars I believe. I forgot one car, the other car was a Porsche Carrera S.

Originally posted by bubba1983

the white scion xb sporting 5ive19 on the windsheild..?
I\'m not sure what it said on the windshield, but its says Toy B BOX on his licence plate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other News, I went into roots (eaton\'s centre) with my GF and noticed that a car was parked in the middle of the store being advertised.... it was a mazda6... then I looked at the hood and noticed it was different! It was a mazdaspeed6 in a color similar to Ti-grey! IT LOOKED HOT!!

bubba1983
10-23-2005, 02:04 AM
yeah the guy with the white scion xb is a bitch....nuff said....thats k-dawg!

dredd2099
10-27-2005, 05:00 PM
hi