PDA

View Full Version : A couple of conerns...

mypatpat
10-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I\'ve recently got my 06 sedan, it\'s an excellent car and I\'m having a lot of fun with it. Though I do have a couple of immediate cencerns...

1. The cutoff on the projector headlight seems a bit weird, it bended and have bumps. Is this normal?

2. The rubber seal around my moonroof is scratched, probably caused by something inside the roof. Is this normal? I\'m afraid that in time when the moisture gets into the rubber it might start to leak, is this something I should worry about? (See photo)

http://www.mypatpat.com/files/DSC00290.jpg

TheProfessor
10-03-2005, 08:56 AM
It\'s tough to see from the photo exactly how bad/not bad the scratch is, but I wouldn\'t worry about it too much. It is afterall under warranty so even if it were to leak they have to fix it ;)
I know there are a couple of members who claim that when they go through a high pressure car wash their roof\'s leak, but that\'s never happened to us.

As for the cut-off.....can you post a pic and let us know what you find weird?

wtom
10-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by mypatpat

1. The cutoff on the projector headlight seems a bit weird, it bended and have bumps. Is this normal?

Take a photo, at night, of your headlights shining against a white wall/garage-door please. Minimal blurr of the photo would be preferred. :D

mypatpat
10-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Will do that later tonight...

I\'ll be taking my car to Avante tomorrow early morning. Jeff offered to get a mechanic to checkout the sunroof for me...

mypatpat
10-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Here\'s the photo:

http://www.mypatpat.com/files/DSC00294.jpg

The cutoff curves towards the edges and have 2 bumps in the middle...kinda weird...

Am I just expecting too much from these projectors?

Zaku_4
10-05-2005, 11:47 PM

Here\'s the photo:

The cutoff curves towards the edges and have 2 bumps in the middle...kinda weird...

yes sir u are!

as for your sunroof mine is like that to. lol no problems so far its just a topical scratch not like its slicing through the thing. its like someone with nails scratching at it

mypatpat
10-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

Here\'s the photo:

yes sir u are!

as for your sunroof mine is like that to. lol no problems so far its just a topical scratch not like its slicing through the thing. its like someone with nails scratching at it

Hehe, thx for replying to the thread...I almost forgot about it...

As for the sunroof, you might want to take it in for a warrany check before it expires. The service manager in Avante has agreed to replace my seal and adjust my sunroof for me rid of the issue.

According to the service manager, I\'m the first to report this issue to Avante. I don\'t really believe him though... :p

TheProfessor
10-06-2005, 04:26 PM
To be perfectly honest the cut-off looks normal to me, though I\'m no expert by any means. I have seen much worse, that\'s for sure.

Jeff-TheBiz
10-06-2005, 04:46 PM

According to the service manager, I\'m the first to report this issue to Avante. I don\'t really believe him though... :p

Pat,

Over 1000 M3s delivered... I have never seen that before..

FLIPDADY
10-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Maybe your headlamp bulbs aren\'t tightened properly?

mypatpat
10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Pat,

Over 1000 M3s delivered... I have never seen that before..

I know, I\'m just kidding...

but I\'m sure there are other ppls that have experienced this, they just didn\'t speak up for whatever reason

mypatpat
10-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Maybe your headlamp bulbs aren\'t tightened properly?

I donno about that, I don\'t see the beam bouncing when I go over bumps. Probably not an issue, just my profession kicking in. (Jeff with my business card will know what I mean ;))

Just noticed that Jeff is now a mod! Congrads!