PDA

View Full Version : Amber sidemarker

bluntman
10-03-2005, 07:49 PM
http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/sidemarker.jpg

majic
10-03-2005, 07:54 PM
how? painted? replaced? either way how did you get the stock one out (did you?) since the rings are in the way?? take a pic from further out? looks good but kinda weird since the oranges don\'t match :p but i guess they match the other orange lights on the car?

bluntman
10-03-2005, 07:56 PM
What\'s your record for the most number of consecutive questions asked?

:D :D :D

http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/rainguard-1.jpg

majic
10-03-2005, 08:05 PM
look up one post.. count them.. then flippin answer them :p your question should have been \"what\'s your record quickest reply to a new post\" or something like that :D

btw.. much better.. :)

SwooshICE
10-03-2005, 08:09 PM
yer car looks great :)
but i still prefer white ones beta heh

EO MasivHerbs
10-03-2005, 08:09 PM
It suits your car perfectly...did you consider smoking them, though?

bluntman
10-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by majic

how? painted? replaced? either way how did you get the stock one out (did you?) since the rings are in the way?? take a pic from further out? looks good but kinda weird since the oranges don\'t match :p but i guess they match the other orange lights on the car?

I painted the sidemarkers using the transparent Tamiya model paint. I wasn\'t able to remove the sidemarkers because of the trim rings so I masked around them. I was hoping the amber wouldn\'t match the body colour, but it closely matches the amber of the other turn signals.

Hmm, I wonder if I should/could paint the fog lights YELLOW!

Originally posted by SwooshICE

yer car looks great :)
but i still prefer white ones beta heh

I thought long and hard about doing this...I guess curiousity killed the cat.

Originally posted by EO MasivHerbs

It suits your car perfectly...did you consider smoking them, though?

No, but I was thinking of putting a dot of black right in the middle to make it look like and eye...just kidding!

EO MasivHerbs
10-03-2005, 08:46 PM
hahahaha you might want to photoshop that idea but actuall committing to it! hahaha.;)

bluntman
10-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Something similar to your avatar!!!

EO MasivHerbs
10-03-2005, 09:18 PM
oh well when you put it that way..good idea! haha try it out!

FLIPDADY
10-04-2005, 07:47 AM
Tamiya paint is the s**t. I used it to make my Civic\'s turn signals amber. I was thinking of doing the fogs too but they peel off after a while. It suits your car perfectly, plus I like those rain guards. Where\'d you get em?:D

MAZDA Kitten
10-06-2005, 10:35 AM
I used Tamiya smoked paint on my side markers. Good shit...

I like the amber

Broli
10-06-2005, 12:39 PM
not bad

i prefer smoked side markers
specifically on orange!
:)
its on my list!
:p

Kevin@nextmod
10-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Where can i get some Tamiya Paint? i want to smoke my side markers since i can\'t chnage the bulb. And will it be a problem when winter comes? as in will the color strip out?

bluntman
10-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Hobby stores. I wouldn\'t worry about it in the winter unless to have a habit of running into snowbanks that are that high.

m_a_t_r_i_x
10-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/sidemarker.jpg

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.................

joke lang....

Kevin@nextmod
10-12-2005, 07:09 PM

Hobby stores. I wouldn\'t worry about it in the winter unless to have a habit of running into snowbanks that are that high.

Thanks a lot for the help. I\'ll go get some to smoke my lights. BTW i like your rims and the orange. Too bad they took out orange for the 06

bluntman
10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Thanks a lot for the help. I\'ll go get some to smoke my lights.

I painted them while they were on the car, the sidemarker rings wouldn\'t allow me to remove the sidemarkers. I just masked around the area with masking tape and newspaper.

Here\'s one for you Jhune! An amber sidemarker on a TiG sedan. I took this picture on my recent trip to the Philippines.
http://ca.geocities.com/alegardo@rogers.com/side-1.jpg

m_a_t_r_i_x
10-12-2005, 08:17 PM
i think the clear ones matches the tgray better ...otherwise if they came in amber i would have changed them to clear...
yours is ok matches your lava orange car...Just dont get carried away with those tamiya paint! :p

bluntman
10-12-2005, 08:55 PM
Hmm, now that I think of it, I could have used the smoke coloured paint on my windows INSTEAD OF GETTING THEM TINTED!!!!

m_a_t_r_i_x
10-12-2005, 09:03 PM
^^^^LOL^^^^

Kevin@nextmod
10-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

I used Tamiya smoked paint on my side markers. Good shit...

I like the amber

I went to pmall today and went in the hobby store. Found out there is the spray can and the brush on ones. Which one do i use? brush or spray? The spray is $10 and the brush is $3

bluntman
10-14-2005, 10:21 PM
Spray...brush will leave brush marks.

FLIPDADY
04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
I will be doing this mod to my sidemarkers as well on the weekend.

Anyone want a pair of Silverstar turn signal bulbs?:D

MAZDA Kitten
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Would the amber TRIBUTE side markers fit on our cars?

FLIPDADY
04-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Would the amber TRIBUTE side markers fit on our cars?
Some minor modification might be necessary. Them MP3 Protege ones as well will fit but the lens is larger.