PDA

View Full Version : installing rainguards

Zaku_4
10-06-2005, 03:10 PM
hello,

i dont have mine yet, but i was just wodnering if the people who have them and have them isntalled could just post some tips. to my knowledge the isntructions are in japanese and took people some time to do, but now knowing they can do it really fast

so just leave some tips or your own actual instructions here for everyoen =D

TIA!:D

FLIPDADY
10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Yeah someone post their install step by step and I\'ll sticky it.

bluntman
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
- roll down the windows
- two longer clips belong on the deflectors for the front windows (speaking for hatch version)
- \"h\" clips attach along \"black tape\" around windows in between weather stripping
- long side of \"h\" clips face towards the outside
- line up holes of rainguards with holes in clips
- pass rivet through exterior of rainguard through hole in clip
- use \"rivet cover\" (hat shaped thingy) over interior side of stud and press plunger on rivet to lower rivet and to secure
- make final adjustments to position of rainguard an peel away double sided tape

m_a_t_r_i_x
10-06-2005, 09:35 PM
although the instructions is japanese, the illustrations/drawings (showing profile/sections) will guide you step by step in installing them...

Mica3SGT
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
The front passenger and drivers door is where you need to distinguish the correct clip placement. The two longer clips are positioned at the front on the drivers and passenger front seat. These are used to secure the rainguards under the mirrors. The Japanese instructions and illustrations were poor. I counted the total number of clips in the packages and the relationship to how they fit on the frame before committing the fasteners. Basically, these rainguards are double sided tape fastenened like their cheaper North American counterparts. The clips and hardware supplied in this product actually adds strength to the plastic rainguards by adding support against the window glass when pressure is applied. Simple and effective. I could do another set again in 5 minutes after \"reverse engineering learning\" the fitment process obtained during the first install.
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/Mica3SGT/September021.jpg

Zaku_4
10-08-2005, 05:44 PM
umm,

im having trouble lol. the long \'h\' goes on the front of the window where?
following the long \'h\' the short one goes right it right?
the flat \'z\' like one goes at the back?

TIA

bluntman
10-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Zaku_4

umm,

TIA

The \"flat z\" goes in the front window, right by the rear view mirror.

The \"elongated h\" goes in the front window, near the B-pillar.

The \"short h\" goes in the middle hole for the front window as well as the rear windows.

Zaku_4
10-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Originally posted by Zaku_4

umm,

TIA

The \"flat z\" goes in the front window, right by the rear view mirror.

The \"elongated h\" goes in the front window, near the B-pillar.

The \"short h\" goes in the middle hole for the front window as well as the rear windows.

thats what i thought, as its the only position they fit. haha i was reading these tiops and mica said that the long h \"are positioned at the front on the rivers and passenger front seat\"

anyways thx =D

Mica3SGT
10-08-2005, 10:06 PM
sorry about the confusion zaku - the clips can only fit one way - no worries!:)

Zaku_4
10-09-2005, 03:12 AM
haha,

yeah thats true =D

but yeah your instructions were helpfull along with the other dudes. my only regret is touching it. lol so many finger prints inside :(

but itts still good :D

ahhh
10-19-2005, 02:38 AM
where did u guys get your rain guards from? and how much ?

Zaku_4
10-19-2005, 03:23 AM
got o group buy section, under JDM PARTS GB <---- along those lines

93 before tax, club price