PDA

View Full Version : Avante Mazda - Richmond Hill

TheProfessor
10-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Just wanted to give my review of our recent car buying experience.....first off, we just purchased our fourth Mazda in about five years, so we\'re no stranger to dealing with Mazda dealers!

When the wife and I had decided to go for another 3 I decided I would give Jeff a chance to earn our business. Our first 3 was purchased from Scarboro Mazda, and the only reason we went with them is because at the time they offered us a deal that no other dealer would come close to. In every other respect that dealership is a no-no in my opinion. The staff are less than friendly, most know less than I do about the cars they\'re selling, and they never seemed to want to \"take care\" of the customer more than was required to get the deal done.

This time around we contacted Jeff, gave him the specs of the car we wanted and he got back to us with a price very quickly. The price was agreeable to us as we had already done our homework. We went in and signed the deal soon after. Jeff was totally professional and didn\'t feel like a \"salesman\" at any time thoughout the process. He\'s a straight up guy, easy to deal with, and definately went the extra mile for us. He had no problem giving us a quote through e-mail and even offered to do the deal electronically so we wouldn\'t have to make the trek up there until much later. It was clear the entire time that Jeff was looking out for us....trying to get us the best rates, telling us what should and shouldn\'t be purchased through the dealer, etc.

Everything went off without a hitch, and my wife and I have nothing but good things to say about both Avante and Jeff.

If anyone is thinking of buying a 3 (or any Mazda for that matter), you owe it to yourself to give these guys a shot.

Jeff-TheBiz
10-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Ahhh Shucks...

It was my pleasure.

FLIPDADY
10-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Haven\'t bought a car from Jeff, but had the opportunity to work with him. He\'ll look after your car buying needs fo sho\'.

Krakilin
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I bought my car at Markham Mazda, but I took it to Avante for oil change, but damn, Avante looks so much nicer, the building in general I mean... the place is big, very new, glass windows, big offices, the service area looks clean, again glass windows so you can see what they\'re doing from the inside, everyone is very professional there, they even have two hot receptionist at the front!

TheProfessor
10-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Yeah, Avante is a very nice dealership.....exact opposite of Scarboro Mazda. Not sure if anyone knows what that place looks like, but there are ceiling tiles missing/stained, there\'s no dedicated waiting area for people who are servicing their cars, just nasty.

GlenW
10-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi Jeff,

I\'m looking to buy and from all the posts, you seem to be the man. I\'ve PM\'d you a couple of times, but no response, did you get them?

G

majic
10-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by GlenW

Hi Jeff,

I\'m looking to buy and from all the posts, you seem to be the man. I\'ve PM\'d you a couple of times, but no response, did you get them?

G

Big G, welcome!! :)

he can only answer 1PM a day (glitch in the system).. PM him again with your email/phone particulars and i\'m sure he\'ll get back to ya..

GlenW
10-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Thank for the info Majic! I\'ve been an \"observer\" for a couple of weeks now. I like the group. I think I\'ll be hangin out a lot. Once I get my M3 I think I\'ll have a lot more to say! :D

Cheers,
G

majic
10-21-2005, 11:59 AM

Thank for the info Majic! I\'ve been an \"observer\" for a couple of weeks now. I like the group. I think I\'ll be hangin out a lot. Once I get my M3 I think I\'ll have a lot more to say! :D

Cheers,
G

i guess you didn\'t lurk hard enough.. *sigh* :p

M3

http://www.behmer.us/~bimmer/bimmer/Wide325/Photoshop/ORG%20M3.jpg

mazda3

http://www.motornetnews.com.au/mazda3-2004-2.jpeg

oh and have you met my friend search (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php) yet? :D he\'ll be your best friend here :)

GlenW
10-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Ahh I\'ve been burnt by you on my second post. Ahhhh. I couldn\'t escape the Majic!

Sorry Mazda3! I just like to shorten things.

Thanks for the seach tip, I have been using it quite a bit. There is a lot of useful info in here. My wife is sick of listening to me say \"I read on the mazda3 forum that.....\"

bluntman
10-21-2005, 12:42 PM

Ahh I\'ve been burnt by you on my second post. Ahhhh. I couldn\'t escape the Majic!

Sorry Mazda3! I just like to shorten things.

Thanks for the seach tip, I have been using it quite a bit. There is a lot of useful info in here. My wife is sick of listening to me say \"I read on the mazda3 forum that.....\"

You may own the record for the QUICKEST / FASTEST TO BE MAJOOGLING. :D

TheProfessor
10-21-2005, 01:22 PM
Flamed by Majic after only two posts......:D

majic
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Flamed by Majic after only two posts......:D

damn.. i was late by 1 post :D

tell your wifey that by being here you\'r actually saving money.. by learning about the car.. just don\'t tell her about the \'mods\' .. tell her the dealer just adds something new at each oil change :D

GlenW
10-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I kind of like the \"Big G\" name you gave me Majic. Do you want me to resign up with that name and say something stupid in my first post? Then I know my record can\'t be beat. Hey you can even flame me before I sign up!! :D

M3 isn\'t acceptable how about Maz3? ;)

Mod\'s mmm now were talkin\'. I\'ve always been a tweaker, I think the wife knows what to expect. She already knows about my first mod. Modded XBox/media centre and car PC with GPS - 7\" touch screen in front and ?? bigger screen in back. Thought about 2 7\" in the head rests, but they are too small, 1 - 15\" in the middle may be nice, but could be too big. We\'ll see! No more \"Daddy are we there yet??\"

Jeff-TheBiz
10-21-2005, 05:06 PM

I kind of like the \"Big G\" name you gave me Majic. Do you want me to resign up with that name and say something stupid in my first post? Then I know my record can\'t be beat. Hey you can even flame me before I sign up!! :D

M3 isn\'t acceptable how about Maz3? ;)

Mod\'s mmm now were talkin\'. I\'ve always been a tweaker, I think the wife knows what to expect. She already knows about my first mod. Modded XBox/media centre and car PC with GPS - 7\" touch screen in front and ?? bigger screen in back. Thought about 2 7\" in the head rests, but they are too small, 1 - 15\" in the middle may be nice, but could be too big. We\'ll see! No more \"Daddy are we there yet??\"

Email sent...

Welcome to the club...

Majic, be good... and wow torched in 2 posts.. I know you can do better.. :)

salvix
10-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Just picked my 3 up today from Jeff. Do I have to say something else that was not said before? :) Okay, so I\'m just gonna say how was my decision between Avante and other dealers (warning! info not relased before! Jeff is unaware of this!! heheh):

When I decided to buy it, I first called Jeff on a Saturday afternoon, got the quote over the phone after about 10 minutes and then started dialing to a few dozens dealers around Toronto and GTA, just because I had to do my complete homework. Well, that\'s what I got from the other dealers:

\"Today is Saturday and we\'re too busy, we\'ll give you a call back on Monday and then you tell us what you want\" (guess what? I\'m still waiting...)

Another one:

- ...so I\'d like to quote the Sport GT with auto tranny and air conditioning...
- NO SIR, the A/C is NOT optional (rude guy...)
- Excuse me, but it IS optional and you HAVE to include it in the quote
(oh gosh, they don\'t even know what they\'re selling?)

Others were like:

- Ok, so the price is NN (ranging from 1 to 2K more than Jeff\'s quote)
- And is that your final price?
- Oh no, definitely not! If you come here, we can talk, blah, blah, blah, and see what we can do
- Ah, ok, but I want to do it by phone. I already know exactly what I want and it\'s going to be faster for me and you if we quote it by phone
- Oh no, you\'d have to come here, talk to our manager, etc... we don\'t do quotes by phone (good luck then!)

And the funniest one was:

- So, have you got any better offer from another dealer?
- Yep... 28K.
- Oh, that\'s too good. If you got this quote, take it.

So, after shopping around I was even more sure about it: it\'s got to be Jeff :) I called him on the same Saturday and placed the order.

And remember, it\'s not just the best price you should look for, it\'s also how they treat you, how honest and professional you feel they are, etc... So, my suggestion is: first call Avante, get your quote, and then call the other dealers... When you\'re done, you\'ll know who you should call again and close the deal.

(uh-oh, this was a long post... but Jeff deserved it :)

Shat2
10-24-2005, 11:59 PM
sigh... makes me regret not gettin my 3 at Avante from Jeff.. Lol prolly coulda got the GT with GFX instead of the GS with sport and power :(

DeLaY_NoMoRe
10-25-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by salvix

Another one:

- ...so I\'d like to quote the Sport GT with auto tranny and air conditioning...
- NO SIR, the A/C is NOT optional (rude guy...)
- Excuse me, but it IS optional and you HAVE to include it in the quote
(oh gosh, they don\'t even know what they\'re selling?)

Had anyone ever see a Mazda 3 GT on the road that did NOT opt for an A/C? That will be the rarest 3 on the road ehhh.......:D

TheProfessor
10-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by salvix
And the funniest one was:

- So, have you got any better offer from another dealer?
- Yep... 28K.
- Oh, that\'s too good. If you got this quote, take it.

This also happened to me with Jeff\'s quote.....I was told by another dealer that if I can get that deal to take it, and I did!

Moose
10-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Jeff at Avente Mazda is the MAN !!!

I just picked up a 06 Mazda 3 Sport GT 5-speed in Black Mica from him. The Entire experience from walking in the door on Thursday to picking up the car Today was a total pleasure.

Everybody from reception thru to Jeff were polite and genuinly nice ... something you do not often see in a dealership.

Jeff ...well he made the process a pleasure ... quick, professional, easy to deal with very fair pricing ... all with no hassles and no BS.

This is the FIRST trully positive car dealership experience that I have had in 15 years ... all others had something to mar the process. I did not mind the 45 minute drive from West Miisisauga at all.

Bottom Line ... if you want a Mazda ... it is worth the drive to talk to Jeff and to visit the dealership

A class act

Thanks

Moose aka Andrew

Philip_69
10-30-2005, 09:03 PM
I guess there\'s nothing else to say about Jeff. You\'re the man, Jeff. The whole scary perception I got about car dealership changed 180 deg. when I met you. You had me at \"Hello\":p

Thanks for a great experience.

Jeff-TheBiz
10-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Philip_69

You had me at \"Hello\":p

I have to say, I almost had coffe come out my nose as I read this...

Thanx again..

bluntman
10-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Love at first sight I see.

m_a_t_r_i_x
10-31-2005, 09:05 PM
\"when I met you. You had me at \"Hello\"

yeah how romantic, so thats Jeff\'s trade secret....what a sex appeal! LOL jk

Jeff-TheBiz
11-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

http://www.bestcardforyou.com/img/shhh.gif

Don\'t tell anyone..:sarc

majic
11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Originally posted by m_a_t_r_i_x

http://www.bestcardforyou.com/img/shhh.gif

Don\'t tell anyone..:sarc

i can see that.. he does have a sexy voice ;) ever considered another trade :D :p

TheProfessor
11-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Hey, would you guys stop turning my thread into a raunchy circus :p

Jeff-TheBiz
11-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Hey, would you guys stop turning my thread into a raunchy circus :p

Thank you...

TheProfessor
11-01-2005, 10:48 AM
No worries Jeff....now where\'s my CD changer :D

GlenW
11-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Another 2 thumbs up for Jeff & Avante! Jeff is great. I still have a month or so to wait for my car, but the dealings thus far have been very relaxing. No pressure at all, sold me what I wanted, not what he wanted to sell.

Thanks again Jeff!! :)

akherad
11-03-2005, 03:48 PM
Congratulations to Jeff. Actually I had a good purchase experience with MoT; however what I read about Avante in this forum is impressive. So I\'ll recommend these 2 dealerships to my friends and then they can choose one. :):D