PDA

View Full Version : Picking up today!

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 02:42 PM
Closed a deal just over two weeks ago and I\'ll be picking up my car today!

It\'s my first new car....and what a car! Mazda 3 Sport GT in Winning Blue. Lots of city driving so I opted for the auto.

I\'ll post pics as soon as I get home...nothing you all haven\'t seen before though! :P

majic
10-18-2005, 03:09 PM
welcome.. and congrats.. :D

although you won\'t make it into MAZDA Kitten\'s good books.. :hoho

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by majic

welcome.. and congrats.. :D

although you won\'t make it into MAZDA Kitten\'s good books.. :hoho

I\'ve been lurking for a while and I guess I was waiting to actually get the car to post :D
Appointment for pickup is in an hour...getting kinda giddy! :P

majic
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ieatkittens

I\'ve been lurking for a while and I guess I was waiting to actually get the car to post :D
Appointment for pickup is in an hour...getting kinda giddy! :P

then i presume that you know all about posting and the beast called majoogle? :p :D

where did you buy it from? take care of it and break it in properly ;)

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 03:15 PM
I know enough about it to avoid breaking too many rules, I hope :P

I bought it from Dave Wood Mazda (shame on me for not going up the road to Avante)...I went in to look at a M3 GS and wound up putting a deposit on the M3 S GT. My poor wallet. :D

majic
10-18-2005, 03:28 PM

I know enough about it to avoid breaking too many rules, I hope :P

I bought it from Dave Wood Mazda (shame on me for not going up the road to Avante)...I went in to look at a M3 GS and wound up putting a deposit on the M3 S GT. My poor wallet. :D

ahhah... nice.. i hear DWM is pretty good so just enjoy it since it\'s too late to turn things around.. and lastly.. at least it\'s not white ;) lol

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by majic
ahhah... nice.. i hear DWM is pretty good so just enjoy it since it\'s too late to turn things around.. and lastly.. at least it\'s not white ;) lol

Yeah, I didn\'t like the white.

Any last suggestions for breaking her in? Should I take it easy or heat her up? I\'ll be jumping on the 400 shortly after getting it...I guess i\'ll just vary speeds as suggested in another thread

majic
10-18-2005, 03:47 PM

Any last suggestions for breaking her in? Should I take it easy or heat her up? I\'ll be jumping on the 400 shortly after getting it...I guess i\'ll just vary speeds as suggested in another thread

warm her up and let her rip as per MajesticBlueN\'s instructions (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=71).. don\'t forget to bed-in the brakes too!

TheProfessor
10-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the club, and bless you for not buying white! Haven\'t heard of anyone buying WB for quite some time.

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 07:10 PM
I put 40k taking her rather slow today...have I gone too long now to do the seals? I think I should be alright...tomorrow morning seems like a good time to do it, on my way in to work.

I would have done it tonight but I wound up having to ferry my little sister around since my parents car had a flat. Wish me luck :P

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 07:12 PM
Just wondering....I have the auto, so I can\'t just redline it and hold it in a gear....would putting it into triptronic mode hold the RPMS as well?

majic
10-18-2005, 07:41 PM

Just wondering....I have the auto, so I can\'t just redline it and hold it in a gear....would putting it into triptronic mode hold the RPMS as well?

it\'s ok.. what you want to do is drive around for 5 min.. then find a clear stretch of the road and redline 1,2,3 (maybe an onramp for the highway b/c redline in 3rd is ~140kph in 5sp) do that a few times and you\'re good to go.. :) you actually don\'t want to be holding redline in each gear.. and you don\'t need to make it into teh redline sowhenever the tranny shifts it\'s ok.. just keep\'er floored :D

billyfo
10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
from what my own semi-auto experience, many manufacturers suggest you don\'t switch to manual mode for the 1st 2000-5000km, and if you are too itchy to try it, just don\'t redline every gear. I\'m not sure Mazda\'s semi-auto, many others are programmed to switch to higher ratio when near redline, and won\'t let you downshift if your engine speed too high.

btw, welcome to TM3

ds2chan
10-18-2005, 09:40 PM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/ds2chan/threadworthlesswithoutpicssmileys.gif

:p I just learned how to do that..

I have a winning blue also but it\'s 2005.. good for you.. winning blue is an awesome color.. now go talk to wtom and buy some stickers.. :D

ieatkittens
10-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I\'ll get some pics on the next sunny day...don\'t want my car looking all drab with an overcast sky.

Just came back from breaking her in...Found a nice deserted road, slowed it down so it dropped to first and then floored it. All I can say is wow. Ever since I\'ve had my license I\'ve been driving a 1999 saturn l series....the 3 absolutely blew me away. By the time it redlined the first gear I had the hugest smile on my face. Zoom zoom! Plenty of room after I redlined third and hit forth to drift to a stop....made a U-turn and did it twice more!

Honestly I can\'t wait to get to work tomorrow to relate this experience to my co-workers.

:D

Broli
10-18-2005, 10:35 PM
welcome to the club man!
i am glad ur enjoying the car!

majic
10-19-2005, 12:04 AM

I\'ll get some pics on the next sunny day...don\'t want my car looking all drab with an overcast sky.

Just came back from breaking her in...Found a nice deserted road, slowed it down so it dropped to first and then floored it. All I can say is wow. Ever since I\'ve had my license I\'ve been driving a 1999 saturn l series....the 3 absolutely blew me away. By the time it redlined the first gear I had the hugest smile on my face. Zoom zoom! Plenty of room after I redlined third and hit forth to drift to a stop....made a U-turn and did it twice more!

Honestly I can\'t wait to get to work tomorrow to relate this experience to my co-workers.

that\'s what i like to hear!!! NICE.. did you happen to run over any kittens :D

///M
10-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Welcome to the club, and bless you for not buying white! Haven\'t heard of anyone buying WB for quite some time.

I was beginning to think that they stopped production on all colours apart from the two whites. :D

TheProfessor
10-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I was beginning to think that they stopped production on all colours apart from the two whites. :D

Tell me about it :sarc

ieatkittens
10-19-2005, 09:32 AM
And now i\'m at work...and my baby is parked in the lot at a mall...I hope I found her a safe spot. My staff is going to make fun of me because I\'m going to go out every half hour and check on her :p

akherad
10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Welcoem to the TM3. I am used to go and check on my M3 on the parking lot. :) everybody is making fun of me but I really don\'t care. I LOVE my Mazda 3 and I try to take a good care of it. :)

By the way, Your 2006 has a Trip Computer. Have you tried it? Does it display distance with the fuel you have? I have a 2006 GS. My Trip Computer doesn\'t show me the remaining distance I can travle with the current fuel. It seems that all 2006 M3s in Canada have same problem. Do you have sameptoblem? or not?

Jeff-TheBiz
10-20-2005, 04:14 PM
Before Majic jumps all over you..

Trip Computer. (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3672)

Really, your dealership should have told you about it.

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Jeff, any update from Mazda as to when a fix might be available?

Jeff-TheBiz
10-20-2005, 04:20 PM

Jeff, any update from Mazda as to when a fix might be available?

Nothing yet, I asked Mazda today and they say.. \"We are working on it.\"

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Man you\'re fast! Okay, how about the CD changer....any word?

ds2chan
10-20-2005, 04:31 PM

what about the cd changer?? do we all get a free upgrade?? :D

Jeff-TheBiz
10-20-2005, 04:51 PM

Mazda claims that it should be here Early Nov... I will let know the second it arrives...

TheProfessor
10-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

what about the cd changer?? do we all get a free upgrade?? :D

Nope, I ordered one and was just wondering when it was coming in from Japan.

ieatkittens
10-20-2005, 06:48 PM
Trip computer does not display remaining distance, no. Although I just discovered the thing today, so I\'m still fascinated by the current L/100km feature. Really good way to learn how your driving habits affect your fuel consumption...trying to get my average under 10L/100km...I take the highway a lot so as long as I don\'t hit too much stop and go, it should be easy :)