PDA

View Full Version : iPod + Neo Ion + a very interesting question

admiralchiu
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Hello, new here, please be gentle ;-)

Given all the discussions around iPod having defective batteries and stuff like that, I am wondering if anybody tried to hook the iPod (with dead battery) up with the Neo Ion solution... and whether it still works.

My theory is that with a dead battery that doesn\'t hold any charge, since there is an external power source (the adaptor), the iPod will still be able to play, as long as you hook it up correctly in the car.

I would like to verify that...

So, anybody... please. Thanks!

Whos ur dadd
10-24-2005, 01:52 PM
What da fook is a Neo Ion?

Welcome, BTW.

admiralchiu
10-24-2005, 02:09 PM
www.mp3mycar.com

Broli
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM
first off!

welcome to da club man!

ok, i am with Whos ur dadd
i don\'t know what that is
but looking at that website, it looks like it charges ur ipod while u r connected
so, an ipod with a dead battery works with the charger plugged in right?

so i guess this would work!

i think!

billyfo
10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
I don\'t know anything about Ipod, but when rechargable battery is dead, you can still using the unit when you plug in the charger like my laptop.

Optimzer
10-31-2005, 11:06 PM
not sure if it helps or not but in one of my laptops the battery exploded so i just run it using the power adapter - no battery + constant source of power = something that works. ipod may be different though if the battery is required to complete a circuit.

majic
11-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by admiralchiu

Hello, new here, please be gentle ;-)

Given all the discussions around iPod having defective batteries and stuff like that, I am wondering if anybody tried to hook the iPod (with dead battery) up with the Neo Ion solution... and whether it still works.

My theory is that with a dead battery that doesn\'t hold any charge, since there is an external power source (the adaptor), the iPod will still be able to play, as long as you hook it up correctly in the car.

I would like to verify that...

So, anybody... please. Thanks!

check out this install (http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123614088) and you can ask gdboytyler some questions or maybe they are already answered.. cheers..