PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Dome lights

S.F.W.
10-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Hey everybody, need some help. Last night I was driving in my car, and suddenly both overhead dome lights came on. I have both set to \"Door\" setting, so the lights come on when any of the doors are open.
When this happened, I turned the car off got out, open and closed every door, and turned the car back on. Same problem. The only way I was able to get the lights off was to change them to the \"off\" setting.

The only mod that has been made to my interior lighting is the light up door sills. These are wired into the over head light, and I wonder if it is somehow related?

any suggestions?

majic
10-28-2005, 12:26 PM
i think this could very well be related to your sills install.. you had to cut into stock wiring.. this exposed some of the wires .. even though you used some tape, due to the cold, the tape and insulation could shrink enough to expose the wires and short them out somehwere.. it sucks but you\'d have to recheck all your connections and be liberal with tape..

ds2chan
10-28-2005, 01:41 PM
oh, that sucks.. you had lockdown install them, right?? I saw them at the thursday mini-meet..

S.F.W.
10-28-2005, 01:48 PM
ya, lockdown put them in for me. I am going to be going there next week to have some other items installed, so I will ask them to take a look.

ds2chan
10-28-2005, 02:24 PM
damn.. lockdown is like ur second home.. they should feed you there too.. :)

maybe you should ask them to look at the light sooner rather than later.. can you actually drive with the interior lights on?? is it even allowed??

majic
10-28-2005, 02:25 PM
oh whoops.. i thought you had it done yourself.. just take it to them and they\'ll know what they did and be able to diagnose it much faster..

S.F.W.
10-28-2005, 02:27 PM
well, I can switch them to the \"off\" position so they are always off, unless I turn on the map lights. That will work until I can get to lockdown.

Ya, they are like a second home. They do treat me well. But as I see it, they have provided me with great service, and are really easy to deal with. So, any time I am adding anything electrical to my car, Lockdown is the only installer that works on my car.

ds2chan
10-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by S.F.W.

They do treat me well. But as I see it, they have provided me with great service, and are really easy to deal with. So, any time I am adding anything electrical to my car, Lockdown is the only installer that works on my car.

if Lockdown ever films a commercial, I bet you\'ll be in it.. :p