PDA

View Full Version : Removing Hub Centric Rings

///M
11-19-2005, 12:13 AM
I installed my winters this evening and had problems getting the hub centric rings off. They were seized big time onto the hubs (I did apply anti-seize) - after I while I gave up and ended up chisiling them off using a screwdriver and hammer. What\'s the proper way to get them off when the time comes again next year?

MajesticBlueNTO
11-19-2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by autoexe

I installed my winters this evening and had problems getting the hub centric rings off. They were seized big time onto the hubs (I did apply anti-seize) - after I while I gave up and ended up chisiling them off using a screwdriver and hammer. What\'s the proper way to get them off when the time comes again next year?

in most cases, hubcentric rings are pieces of rubber..they will deteriorate during the time that your summers are on. the only way to get them off is what you did, hammer and screwdriver.

the cycle will continue and you\'ll have to buy new hubcentric rings each year, or try to find the aluminium ones and see how long they last.

SABIO
11-19-2005, 01:47 AM
hmmmm... mine are plastic I think... They just came off. (kinda fell off)

chaser
11-20-2005, 12:55 AM
The exactly same thing happened to me this evening. I over-tightened the right-front wheel, that smashed the ring :p And I used hammer & screwdriver to get rid of another one. It was not fun at all :(
Mine are aluminium (metal), maybe I should get rubber ones?