astatik
11-22-2005, 02:30 PM
that looks hot

eguiyab
11-22-2005, 10:04 PM
good thing I\'ve been waiting.. I like those one better

Mica3SGT
11-22-2005, 10:33 PM
I feel another group buy coming....subaroooos and auoooooodis too. More angel eyes on the roads in the weeks to come - wonder what other faux Beemer styling stuff will follow....I love my Mazda 3!:p

umnitza
11-23-2005, 11:02 AM
Help spread the word, first 100 users will receive this product for $100 + shipping.
Retail will be $199.

RedRaptor
11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
How much is shipping to Canada? How about customs and duties when shipping them over here?

Do you get extra rings in this kit in case you break them?

umnitza
11-23-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

How much is shipping to Canada? How about customs and duties when shipping them over here?

Do you get extra rings in this kit in case you break them?
These rings will not break. No need for extras.
Shipping to CAN will be about $15 MAXIMUM for Express and $12 for Priority.
It will be labeled for $10 value no matter what the shipment, so you\'ll probably pay $10 in customs at most.

Please spread this word Red - to other \"forums\"

donaldtin
11-23-2005, 04:43 PM
wat\'s the differnet between Chromium angel eyes and the \"normal angel eyes\"?? is it the ring that\'s different, or the way the tube lights up is different.

bubba1983
11-23-2005, 05:33 PM
these are fully incapsulated wiht a chrome line backing compared to the ones that ihave.

not back umnitza, i guess you finally grabbed a test fitter afterall, do u have the high beam rings bigger this time round to properly fit the housing?....makes me wanna trade up now, ;)

astatik
11-23-2005, 06:53 PM
group buy!! :D

umnitza
11-23-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by bubba1983

these are fully incapsulated wiht a chrome line backing compared to the ones that ihave.

not back umnitza, i guess you finally grabbed a test fitter afterall, do u have the high beam rings bigger this time round to properly fit the housing?....makes me wanna trade up now, ;)

these are perfect.

bubba1983
11-24-2005, 03:46 AM
oooh awsomenesss

*searches ebay for another set of headlight housings*

wab8611
11-24-2005, 06:57 AM
haha beemers are goina ge soo jealous... so where can we get the install and how much.... Lockdown?

donaldtin
11-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Lockdown charges abotu $200 for angel eyes installation... called Jeff and he said will be 3 hours of work, most likely can be done in 2 hours, but safe bet will be 3-4 hours.

bubba1983
11-24-2005, 09:39 AM
indeed, i was the first mazda3 that lockdown did for angeleyes, it was a bit more work than jeff expected it to be, it should be $200 and slightly above...

LOCKDOWN-P5
11-24-2005, 10:48 PM
Hello Everyone

We can indeed install these angel eyes for you:) We\'ve taken what we\'ve learned from Adam\'s vehicle and applied it to our technique for all further vehicles which we perfrom this installation on. Our estimate for labour cost on this kit would be in the $200-$250 range (this new kit has the two rings instead of one) and would take approx. 3 - 4 hours to complete.

This new kit from UMNITZA looks HOT!! We\'ve just posted pics of an UMNITZA kit we installed on a 2005 Legacy GT on Wednesday as well!

If you are interested in having one of these kits installed, please contact us at:

info@lockdownsecurity.ca
(647)-435-5896

On a side note, we are always flexible and if a group buy happens, we\'d be glad to create a group buy installation discount as well:) Thanks UMNITZA for creating an AWESOME product!!

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.

umnitza
11-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Everyone

We can indeed install these angel eyes for you:) We\'ve taken what we\'ve learned from Adam\'s vehicle and applied it to our technique for all further vehicles which we perfrom this installation on. Our estimate for labour cost on this kit would be in the $200-$250 range (this new kit has the two rings instead of one) and would take approx. 3 - 4 hours to complete.

This new kit from UMNITZA looks HOT!! We\'ve just posted pics of an UMNITZA kit we installed on a 2005 Legacy GT on Wednesday as well!

If you are interested in having one of these kits installed, please contact us at:

info@lockdownsecurity.ca
(647)-435-5896

On a side note, we are always flexible and if a group buy happens, we\'d be glad to create a group buy installation discount as well:) Thanks UMNITZA for creating an AWESOME product!!

Regards

Jeff Bates

:D :D

RedRaptor
11-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Okay Matt and Jeff, let\'s see you guys get a little more serious about a possible group buy. :)

Umnitza: How many people do we need for a better price on these?

Jeff: Same question to you except its in regards to the labour charge intead of the actual product.

Red.

umnitza
11-26-2005, 08:05 PM

Okay Matt and Jeff, let\'s see you guys get a little more serious about a possible group buy. :)

Jeff: Same question to you except its in regards to the labour charge intead of the actual product.

Red.
We\'re going to do $99 for the first 20 people.

RedRaptor, can you email me real quick?

bluntman
11-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Oh I feel the green eyed monster rearing it\'s ugly head again.

RedRaptor
11-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by umnitza

Red.

$99 USD shipped? Or $99 + shipping?

Mica3SGT
11-27-2005, 01:01 AM
GO Red GO.....I\'d be in as well for $99 shipped:p

bubba1983
11-27-2005, 07:58 AM
wooo, see umnitza, the love over here at TM3 is much greater than the love over at M3F!!!!

im so tempted to re-do mine again now, haha and get your new kit umnitza!!!

Ex-Rolla
11-28-2005, 11:19 PM
I\'m in 100%

astatik
11-29-2005, 12:10 AM
i\'m in 110%

astatik
12-01-2005, 02:07 PM
alright somebody start a group buy for these angeleyes please:sarc

KenYork
12-01-2005, 04:17 PM
i want.. but where\'s the GB? hard to do much to the car with a mortgage.

LOCKDOWN-P5
12-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone

LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc. would be glad to set up a group purchase price on the installation of these SICK looking angel eyes!! However, we are currently waiting until the first kit comes through our shop to post up the labour costs. We always strive to provide the most accurate quotes available, and as such would like to install one of these kits before giving the exact group price. There are soem differences with this kit from the thin line angel eyes, and as such we don\'t know as of yet if there will be an increase or decrease in the price of the labour.

Please feel free to give us a call with any questions you may have.

Regards

Jeff Bates

bubba1983
12-03-2005, 02:21 AM
ill be there in teh morning, teehee

KenYork
12-05-2005, 07:39 AM
hey bubba1983.. how is it? any pics?

SABIO
12-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Give him a few more days. He still has his Beer Googles on from the weekend.......

bubba1983
12-05-2005, 04:49 PM
haahahha in ever got them put on, i was just in to talk to jeff....i wanted to check them out, but unfortunately he never had any in stock...yet

astatik
12-07-2005, 11:04 PM
any new news with these yet?

KenYork
12-13-2005, 08:26 AM
What\'s happening with the angel eyes? anyone following up?

astatik
12-13-2005, 11:30 AM
i don\'t know... i want to put these on! =P

RedRaptor
12-13-2005, 11:44 AM
For the time being I am not interested in this mod (winter blues?) :hoho

But someone should just take charge of this Group Buy. Contact Umnitza (Matt) for the Angel eyes and give Lockdown (Jeff) a call regarding the installation price for a Group Buy.

bubba1983
12-13-2005, 12:17 PM
i know that lockdown is still workign out the bugs on teh installation with my car.
there are still some minor things that need to be worked out, we\'re tryin to see if these will outlast the winter months so far!

majic
12-13-2005, 12:26 PM

i know that lockdown is still workign out the bugs on teh installation with my car.
there are still some minor things that need to be worked out,

like?

bubba1983
12-13-2005, 01:34 PM
well i was into lockdown on thursday of last week to re-seal my driverside headlight housing cause of some condensation buildup. We got some new silicone from crappy tire, and cleaned out the grooves in the headlight, and applied an even bead of new silicone and re-sealed it. So far, its all good.

Also when i was there, we noticed that teh driverside connection of the angeleye must have shorted itself out, causing the plastic connector clip to slightly melt. We cut away and replaced it with a new one. Just today they stopped working alltogether, both rings, and i noticed the passengerside connection shorted out, so i figure the same will have to be done, just cut away and put a new one on there, and tape it up better.

Im thinking maybe, the wires which umnitza provided can\'t carry teh proper amount of current that is drawn thru these wires, OR that the connector clips went all faulty, OR they jus don\'t liek the good o\'l canadian winter. So right now, i unpluged both rings for fear of an electrical fire. No biggie, i just will make another trip in to see the boys over at lockdown. This is realli a learning experience for them as well me!

SpeedyG
12-13-2005, 05:48 PM
hey bubba1983 how much did you pay for the angel eyes as I ordered the same one from Umnitza and was thinking about installing them at Lockdown? From what you\'re saying there are still some issues with the install as you are running into those problems. By the way I\'ve allready emailed Jeff for a quatation for both the angel eyes and a xenon lights kit install but I haven\'t heard back from him. I know he was looking into a special price for the TM3 club members but I guess he doesn\'t have a number yet.

SpeedyG
12-13-2005, 05:51 PM
Sorry bubba1983 I am talking about the price for installation of the angel eyes not the eyes themselves. I read my post and realized it\'s not clear what I mean.

bubba1983
12-14-2005, 02:07 AM
search my friend....

Click me and Scroll (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3719)

MazdaTree
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by umnitza

Red.

I\'m interested if this is still on...
99USD + 15USD for shipping
Is anyone else with me?:D

astatik
01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
i\'m in... but i doubt will get it for that price

bubba1983
01-02-2006, 05:07 PM
i highly doubt ull get the chromiums now for that price..

MazdaTree
01-03-2006, 02:58 AM
you guys are right!
stupid ****ers shooting prices on tm3, then raising them after!
no wonder no1 likes them on M3F:hoho!

bluntman
05-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Bubba, any more updates on the performance of your angel eyes? How is the installation holding up? Are the rings staying in place?

bubba1983
05-03-2006, 03:36 PM
since october, ive gone thru a number a trials and errors (and many trips to lockdown). Albeit, very small ones. They have held up thru the winter, only one ring cracked (still unsure why) but other than that, the rings themselves are still in working perfect condition. Ive had to get both headlamps re-sealed again due to condensation buildup (warranty work provided by lockdown) and since the re-sealing, they have been perfect. So that was fixed.
The ballasts for the rings, in the thinlines, are NOT WATERPROOF, and they will go on you. Since we learned this, they have been siliconed shut, and shrink wrapped for a waterproof seal, so that problem was fixed. The male/female clips that connect the rings to the wire harness shorted out , causing the clips to melt....that has been since fixed with either new clips, or just a straight hardwire, and then shrink wrapped for a waterproof seal.
The glue that was used origionally when the rings were mounted the first time way back in october, has some slight yellowish discoloration now (its only on teh driverside) as the passengerside has been recently fixed (but once the rings are lit, you can\'t see it anyways). Time will tell if the glue on the passenger side will discolor like the driverside.
In cold weather, they will look more dim than normal, but give them time to \"Warm up\" and they get up to their bright status. I remember when it was -40degrees in the winter, they were a deep purpple color when first turned on for the day, and eventually warmed up to the white color they are (almost liek HID\'s, lol) They are a cold cathode tube light, so thats bound to happen.
All in all tho blunty, everything now has worked out perfect. I also have learned that lockdown has done a few other install now on the mazda 3 since when i brought this idea to them last year, so their installation process is getting much better , quicker, and smoother now.
If your not comfortable on messing with your headlights, get a set off of ebay, just give yourself a few months of searchin, their always up for auction for CHEAP. As i say, i grabbed a spare set off ebay (duties included) for less than a price of one brand new WITH tm3 discount.

Hope that answers your ?\'s...got anymore, feel free to shooot them my way

EDIT: A few members from the wings meet last night had a chance to see them when lit up, im sure they can attest to you how the performance of them are...

LOCKDOWN-P5
05-03-2006, 05:25 PM
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to thank Adam (Bubba)for allowing us to use his vehicle as our first angel eye installation vehicle. It was a learning process with a few hiccups which have now been 100% solved.

We have a full system setup now for the installation of the angel eyes and are recommending everyone to go with the predator chromiums as they seem to wrok best under all conditions. If you are interested in an installation please contact us at:

(647)-435-5896 and we would love to assist you.

Oh and bubba, your dash is ready:):)

Regards

Jeff Bates

bubba1983
05-03-2006, 05:26 PM
hahah, fair enuff...
send me an email when i can make an appt...id like this sat if possible...

bluntman
05-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LOCKDOWN-P5

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to thank Adam (Bubba)for allowing us to use his vehicle as our first angel eye installation vehicle. It was a learning process with a few hiccups which have now been 100% solved.

We have a full system setup now for the installation of the angel eyes and are recommending everyone to go with the predator chromiums as they seem to wrok best under all conditions. If you are interested in an installation please contact us at:

(647)-435-5896 and we would love to assist you.

Oh and bubba, your dash is ready:):)

Regards

Jeff Bates

Jeff,

Expect a call from me tomorrow! ;)

bubba1983
05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
^^ i guess you heard exactly what u wanted to hear..

bluntman
05-03-2006, 09:43 PM
I have to thank you and Lockdown for sharing all the details on this experience. It makes me even more comfortable to know that not only are you completely satisfied with your angel eyes but also that Lockdown\'s customer services continues to be top-notch.

Thanks Adam and Jeff!

Now, what day should I call in \"sick\"? ;) I\'ll say my eye is bothering me and I have to get it checked out. :p

majic
05-03-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

I have to thank you and Lockdown for sharing all the details on this experience. It makes me even more comfortable to know that not only are you completely satisfied with your angel eyes but also that Lockdown\'s customer services continues to be top-notch.

Thanks Adam and Jeff!

Now, what day should I call in \"sick\"? ;) I\'ll say my eye is bothering me and I have to get it checked out. :p

and to think your car was stolen :sarc

bubba1983
05-03-2006, 10:32 PM
stolen?

well glad i could help you out blunty...godda put my 0.02 into the club every now and then

majic
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM

stolen?

don\'t think it is.. but he\'s foolin some poeple on page 3 and 4 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=5995&page=4)

MazdaTree
05-07-2006, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by bluntman

Thanks Adam and Jeff!

did ya call in sick yet?;)

bluntman
05-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Not yet, tomorrow morning.

bluntman
05-09-2006, 08:14 AM
:p

Thanks Lockdown for the great work and thanks Devin for the great product!

fourtrack78
05-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Blunt...show some pics:D

bluntman
05-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Not finished modding the front end yet. ;)

RedRaptor
05-09-2006, 10:19 AM
What?!

What else is left to mod on the front end Arthur? ;)

GV Lip? HID fogs? :D

bluntman
05-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Patience my young Padawan. ;)

Dave_Mazda3
05-09-2006, 12:02 PM
PM sent LOCKDOWN-P5

bluntman
05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Mazda3

PM sent LOCKDOWN-P5

Best to email Jeff at info@lockdownsecurity.ca as he is probably inundated with PMs and he can only reply to one every 24 hours.

FLIPDADY
05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Yeah I was going to say if anyone needs a spare set of headlamps for the hatchback to bake I got a set.

We can talk on a price.;)

McGuyver_3
05-15-2006, 03:34 PM
I wish you would have said sedan because i screwed mine up removing my eyelids last year