PDA

View Full Version : Sound Deadening with JL VR6.5 CSI

eguiyab
11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
Hey guys I was just looking for some tips and advice on how to make my Hatch stop rattling, if that is at all possible. So I upgraded both the front and rear speakers with JL\'s and the sound quality is great, but I am getting a bad rattle (even with the door panels off)
I have Dynamated a majority of the black inserton the inner panel of the door. Are there any particular areas I should pay more attention too??

Also I am running an aftermarket deck, at 4x 60w.

I know I could just turn the HPF on, but I wanna make sure it doesn\'t rattle when I turn it off. I often drive around with my sub out so I turn off the HPF and let the bass go to the doors.
If I just turn on the HPF I kinda think thats a cheesy way of dealing with the rattle.

I know there a number of people on here that have the same speakers. Do you find that if you turn off your HPF on your decks off you are able have no rattle??

Sorry if im not making sense....

Thanx for any help

TheProfessor
11-22-2005, 09:24 PM
So you\'re getting rattling running the JL\'s off of an aftermarket deck and not an amp? I have the same speakers getting 100Wrms and they don\'t rattle. Who did the install? Perhaps the speakers are not screwed down tight enough? Do you know specifically what is rattling?

eguiyab
11-22-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

So you\'re getting rattling running the JL\'s off of an aftermarket deck and not an amp? I have the same speakers getting 100Wrms and they don\'t rattle. Who did the install? Perhaps the speakers are not screwed down tight enough? Do you know specifically what is rattling?

Yeah the JL\'s are off deck power. The Speakers are down really nice and tight. I did the install myself and I\'ve done quite a number in the past so I figured this one shouldn\'t be much different. Specifically the rattle mainly came from the black panel that the speakers are mounted too. The translucent plastic cover near the locking area\'s was the worse.

I\'ve dynamated a majority of the black panel and it is much much better. But I am looking for dead quite. Am I asking to much??? Now this is with the HPF off... so yes the bass is going, but not significantly.
When I do turn the HPF off, its fine.. but I dont always drive around with subs in the back.
Maybe I\'m just to picky :)

TheProfessor
11-22-2005, 10:30 PM
That\'s pretty strange....neither my wife\'s car nor mine rattle in the doors, and we are both running more power than you with absolutely no sound deadening. We are both utilizing the HPF however I have the speakers crossed over pretty low.