PDA

View Full Version : ??s if youve had harsh 1-2 \fix\ done

everfeb
11-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Hope those of you who have had the harsh 1>2 shift \"fix\" done can help me out.

Did your dealer just do it pretty much right away after you brought it in while the engine/tranny was warm..believing you that you have the problem...OR did they HAVE to do a cold car road test just to see for themselves that you actually had the \"issue\"-so you either had to bring it in early and leave it all day, leave it overnite or bring it in and you had to wait until it cooled down?

This may seem like a strange question but I am especially interested if your\'s was done while it was warm. If I can get mine done while it is warm...I can just whip into Winnipeg (4 hours one way) and head straight back home. If they insist they have to road test the car cold before doing anything it will cause me logistical problems and probably an expensive overnite stay, cabs, meals, etc.

I might be better off to just pay them to do the re-flash. Any idea how much that would be in T.O.

Appreciate your help.

everfeb

Oh...if you\'ve had this work done have you had your3 back long enough to notice if you\'ve had an improvement in meleage??? I\'ve been wondering if this harsh 1>2 shift might affect city mileage in any way?

FLIPDADY
11-24-2005, 03:57 PM
Why would you have to pay for it? If they\'re giving you grief over it contact Mazda head office and tell them your dilema.

1-800-263-4680

ds2chan
11-24-2005, 04:04 PM
this is a free fix.. all they do is connect a device to see what version of the software you have in your car\'s computer and if it\'s an older version they\'ll reflash the car\'s computer.. ie, install the latest version..

it\'s like going to Microsoft\'s website and upgrading your IE for free..

I can\'t imagine this taking more than an hour.. they don\'t have to do a test drive.. all they have to check for is the version number of the software installed in your car..

also, I haven\'t driven my car since I got it all done so I wouldn\'t know about the gas mileage.. altho, I don\'t think this has anything to do with the gas mileage..

if I were you I\'d call them to book an apointment.. something like this you shouldn\'t just walk in cuz they may already have appointments.. I just left my car there for the morning and it was done by 11:30..

I hope this helps and if you have anymore follow up questions feel free to ask..

everfeb
11-25-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Why would you have to pay for it? If they\'re giving you grief over it contact Mazda head office and tell them your dilema.

1-800-263-4680

Thanks FLIPSPEED...All I was thinking was-if they wouldn\'t do it free unless they had to road test it cold and determine for themselves I had a legitimate \"issue\"...it would be less expensive for me
to pay them $40 or $50 to just install the new software without a road test instead of having to spend a bunch of $$$ on hotels, cabs, meals etc.--which is what I WOULD PROBABLY have to do if the the dealer required a \"cold\" car road test before they would fix it free. I know it all sounds a bit convoluted but when I go for service it\'s like you folks in GTA having to drive to Ottawa or Cornwall to get service. And as you are driving there you are HOPING the dealer is \"good\" and the work will be done right first time around because if it isn\'t you have to make the road trip all over again. I have only 16,000 km on my 3. 7,000 of these km are from going to dealers for service.

After I made my first post in this thread I did call one of the dealers in Winnipeg I\'ve never dealt with before. Destination Mazda. They seemed to know about this new software and said they would install it free. I asked if they had to road test it cold and they said no, just make an appointment. So this is encouraging and likely what I\'ll end up doing. I just hope it\'s not another fiasco like I had with the ThunderBay dealer.

With only a few dealers to work with out here...all 3-4.5 hours one way from home-getting service work done can be very trying. I\'ve had my 3 for almost 2 years. The place I bot has gone out of business. Before they closed I dealt with 4 different service managers in about a year and half at that store. Then I switched to Steinbach and had great service once...but that advisor left...the new one who I talked to before I went to ThunderBay doesn\'t seem to know anything (he\'s been there 1 1/2 months and actually said to me he didn\'t know anything about any TSBs because he was to busy taking care of customers. So I really don\'t want to deal with this guy. Not going back to ThunderBay. I\'m just really hoping the guys at the new dealer in Wnpg know their stuff.

I posted before that I was getting tired of all my whining. And I am. I promise I\'ll will post on this subject again only if I have good news.

Thanks

everfeb