PDA

View Full Version : Proper Tire Breakin period

MZR3
11-28-2005, 02:33 AM
It seems that some people are not aware of that new tires are like a new car, they do too have break-in period and since so many of us are buying winter tires to get through the winter to avoid sliding everywhere. Therefore I hopefully the article, which gives reason and how to do it in a easily undertood manner, will be helpful to make your new winter boots last a bit longer and work a bit safer as well.

http://www.tirerack.com/winter/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=117

Happy reading and have a fantastic winter with your snow tires. :)

david3
11-28-2005, 12:17 PM
\"it also contributes to more tread squirm\"

Would this explain why, when traveling 120km/h certain areas of a highway (like the 403 down in hamilton) produce more noticeable steering vibration than my alloys with all seasons did? Certain \'rough\' highways almost feel like the balance is off.

I am pretty certain that the balance is not off, as on smooth sections (read: newly paved/refinished) I can go from 90->130+ and have no noticeable vibration.

Thanks guys.

Ex-Rolla
11-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by david3
Would this explain why, when traveling 120km/h certain areas of a highway (like the 403 down in hamilton) produce more noticeable steering vibration than my alloys with all seasons did? Certain \'rough\' highways almost feel like the balance is off.

I am pretty certain that the balance is not off, as on smooth sections (read: newly paved/refinished) I can go from 90->130+ and have no noticeable vibration.

Same with me, but i get it between 80-90 km/h

Interesting read MZR. Once the snow tires were installed, I adjusted my driving habbits accordingly.. Pretty much did exactly what the article recommends.