PDA

View Full Version : Why I HATE my Car, and would LOVE a refund

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 02:41 AM
This is my first post here, people. My new Mazda3 5spd Manual hatch is a POS in my opinion. Please, do not attack me for saying this. If you are deeply emotionally invested in your car, and love it to bits, good for you. I am most definitely not in that position. I hate my Mazda3. I\'m nearly 50 years old and I\'ve owned many new cars before, but this one is the worst yet in terms of quality. Some of my problems are summarized here http://www.geocities.com/mymazdasux/

Sigh! Buyers, beware.

Unfortunately, Mazda do not give refunds or take back lemons, and where I live there is no lemon law.

The car is back with the dealer again, and who knows what they\'ll do to it.

I\'ll keep you all updated .....

DrunknFoo
11-28-2005, 03:47 AM
I do agree with several of your points that you have mentioned.

From my experience and the stories I’ve heard, \'old school\' cars were definitely more reliable and lasted longer than those in the current market. With that aside, from all the car reviews I\'ve read in my life, I can\'t recall a single professional review done that would deter a consumer from purchasing that vehicle. As well, almost every single message board that is car/company specific will have a majority of members who will praise their car and claim, \"this car is better than anything else that\'s out there...\" Forums need an \'IRATE\' section for those who received lemons or think differently than the majority. Not just posts that have a few problems then resolved by tsbs, but a section with \"content advisory\" where abusive language and just irate comments can be made. So readers can get an idea of how @#$#@$ed up this vehicle can be...

It really isn\'t in my nature to look at the negative qualities in life, however due to the nature of car reviews and forums; I’ve learned to be quite skeptical when it comes to researching and reading reviews.

It’s just my 2cents and I do hope that the dealership fixes up all those issues with your car.

Good luck and hang in there.

TheProfessor
11-28-2005, 09:16 AM
I have a few questions for you Perthguy:

1) Where do you live?
2) Which dealership are you dealing with?
3) How many km\'s on the car when you started experiencing problems like the cloth seats starting to fray?

While I will admit that the 3 does not have the same fit and finish or \'polish\' as some other cars in the market, it is not poorly built either IMO.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Any Pics?

Cardinal Fang
11-28-2005, 09:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I\'ve been on a few discussion boards and have also noticed that people who will generally praise a car will shout down anyone who offers a difference of opinion. Keep in mind that these people more than likely have taken your critique of the car to be an affront to their decision to buy it and therefore is taken personally. Try not to let this difference of opinion cloud your judgment about the problems of this car. I\'m not saying you have, just that it can. I recommended a Honda product to my neighbor 3 yrs ago. Biggest mistake I\'ve ever made. The car has been nothing but problems for him and I\'m really sorry to hear that given the name Honda has.

There have been more a few people on this board that have brought up certain issues with this car and except for a few cases the biggest headaches have been with the way the dealerships have treated them. The car is generally above average considering the money you spend. I echo the sentiments of the previous poster and wish you the best of luck. If these issues are being aggravated as a result of your dealership falling short then nail the FARKERS to the wall.

Kevin@nextmod
11-28-2005, 09:38 AM
If you\'re comparing to the old school cars you really can\'t because those cars are built to last and these are just built for profit and fame. I agree that some of us are young and it is our new car but i do\'nt agree with you saying that we got blinded from the excitement of it. Some of our parents already own cars which we drove before and we have experience on the quality of different cars. And also we did a lot of research into this car.

Maybe you\'re getting into the age that you require more or expect more in a car (no offence). Just like my dad. He bought the car for me he read the good reviews just like everyone did here but then he dislikes it. He keeps comparing with the requirements he wants in a car. Ie. comfort, quiet, soft ride, and quality made. I guess ppl\'s point of view towards cars change as age changes. My old man used to like these cars but now he hates it. He rather pay more to get a more comfortable car.

....heres my 2 cents

FLIPDADY
11-28-2005, 09:51 AM
You can\'t please everyone. :sarc

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
This is a nice forum with nice, polite people :) Thanks to you all for your kind responses.

The car is almost new, done less than 3000km, bought here in Perth, Western Australia. (Australia is very similar to Canada socially, BTW, although I suspect Canadians are better behaved generally). I bought it in September when I returned from living 10 years in the USA (Las Vegas, ugh!)

Some pics of the upholstery follow (excuse poor quality, light was bad). Turns out that this is a problem for anyone who has any type of rough-edged clothing, such as velcro or, in my case, a son with a leather belt with a slightly rough edge. Other forums have a few threads on this problem, so I am definitely not the only one who has experienced it.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/leavinglv/pilling3.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/leavinglv/pilling2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/leavinglv/pilling1.jpg

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Let me add that the seat covers fraying is a cosmetic issue that, though annoying, is not critical. After-market seat covers can protect them, although you have to be careful of covering the airbags in the side of the seat (if you have them). Mazda is apparently aware of the issue. They have used super-cheap carpets and seat covers to cut costs in this car.

More serious, for me, is the very noticeable high-pitched hum or whine that is audible throughout the gear ranges, but for some reason is particularly piercing (like a mosquito) at around 100kph, constant speed, on a smooth road. It\'s enough to make a long trip intolerable without the radio cranked up.

Quite a few people have reported this issue, and the only one who had it fixed is a guy who had his transmission replaced.

Cardinal Fang
11-28-2005, 11:22 AM
I could be wrong but those cloth seats you have look distinctively different than the cloth covers we have in Canada. They look very similar to the covers of my Integra which suffered the same wear after about 1 year. Does anyone else notice this?

By the way, welcome to the board Perthguy and I want to take this time to discuss the rules.

Rule one - no pooftahs.
Rule two - no member of the board is to maltreat Broli in any way a\'all, unless people are watching.
Rule three - no pooftahs.
Rule four - now, this time I don\'t want to catch anybody not drinking.
Rule five - no pooftahs.
Rule six - there is noooo rule six.
Rule seven - no pooftahs.

:D

TheProfessor
11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Are Mazda3\'s in Australia also built at the plant in Japan? I know for the Mazda6 the ones in North America are built in a Ford plant in Detroit whereas for Australia they are made in that country (or is it Japan.....either way, it isn\'t Detroit). There could be quite a difference in terms of build quality.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Cardinal Fang

I could be wrong but those cloth seats you have look distinctively different than the cloth covers we have in Canada.

They are the cloth on the GS, I think

Originally posted by PSIVIC

Are Mazda3\'s in Australia also built at the plant in Japan?

Just check the VIN, if it starts with a \'J\' is was built in the same plant as the rest of us.

ds2chan
11-28-2005, 11:58 AM
I could be wrong but those cloth seats you have look distinctively different than the cloth covers we have in Canada. They look very similar to the covers of my Integra which suffered the same wear after about 1 year. Does anyone else notice this?

I was thinking the same thing.. the fabric in my car looks a lot different..

Originally posted by Perthguy
More serious, for me, is the very noticeable high-pitched hum or whine that is audible throughout the gear ranges, but for some reason is particularly piercing (like a mosquito) at around 100kph, constant speed, on a smooth road. It\'s enough to make a long trip intolerable without the radio cranked up.

Quite a few people have reported this issue, and the only one who had it fixed is a guy who had his transmission replaced.

sorry to hear about your car/lemon Perthguy.. if you mention the above to Mazda maybe they\'ll do the same thing.. I\'ve personally never heard any whining noises from my car.. good luck with ur car and I hope Mazda does things right for you.. plus keep us updated about ur progress..

I\'d also like to share my thoughts when I was shopping around for a car.. I test drove a few cars, Honda Civic, VW Jetta, Toyota Corolla, Mazda 3.. I really loved the Jetta and Mazda 3.. but the Jetta seemed a bit pricy so I stuck with the Mazda 3.. for some reason I just loved it and it had \"zip\" (and I guess \"zoom-zoom\").. I just kind of went with my instincts and a couple of my friend\'s opinions since they own one also.. well, that was my tall tale..

edit: I guess TheBiz beat me to my post.. having never seen any model besides the GT I wouldn\'t know about the fabric in the car..

Broli
11-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Rule two - no member of the board is to maltreat Broli in any way a\'all, unless people are watching.

bastard!

and yeah sux that u have had problems perthguy

but welcome to the board!

and remember always,

Cardinal Fang is a bastard!

lol

but he is a funny bastard!

Cardinal Fang
11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Broli

What really sucks even more is that if Perthguy is indeed in Australia he is a good 12 hours ahead of us time wise. His answer won\'t come until tomorrow our time.

Broli
11-28-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally posted by Broli

What really sucks even more is that if Perthguy is indeed in Australia he is a good 12 hours ahead of us time wise. His answer won\'t come until tomorrow out time.

what sux is that we feel bad for this guy, and he lives in a
place where it is toasty warm right now!

no, i am not jealous . . .

Whos ur dadd
11-28-2005, 01:24 PM
What\'s all this junk about \"old school cars\" being of better quality? General statements like that cannot be made. Maybe pre-80 Mercedes-Benz\'s compared to the early 90\'s crap... but you have cars these days that have engines that can last 500K kms easy, if not more.

Also, can you measure quality in terms of fuel efficiency, power and handling? How can my mom\'s 1984 Cutlass compare to a Mazda3? Cars these days are so much more loaded with features than those of yesteryear. A simple power window from an older car might be replaced today with something with auto down/up, automatic open for hot days, etc.

Is a 1990 Ford Probe old enough? 15 years now (if I still had it). Nothing but problems from day 1 with that POS. Ford sucks.

There will be exceptions to the rule, of course. Some lemons will be had in the batches of Corollas, Civics and Mazda3s. But I will take a chance with newer imports over an old school quality car any day of the week.

akherad
11-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Welcome to foum, Perthguy.

I have a GS however I do not have such problems that your reported about cloth seats. Mine is fine.

As a Mazda3 owner I never say I have the best car in the world; I just say that I have a pretty good car for the money I had paid and I\'m very happy with it. For sure There are cons and pros for this car too.

I strongly hope that Mazda takes care of you and turn you to a happy Mazda3 ower.

Keep us posted.:)

MajesticBlueNTO
11-28-2005, 02:08 PM
this is as cliche as crocodile dundee but.... g\'day mate :D

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Whats up with this guy? What are you trying to achieve by whining to us about your austrilian mazda3?? You oviously read many reviews of the mazda3 before making your purchase. Why do i have a feeling all of those reviews were from the US where none of the problems you describe does not occur?

Seats? NONE of us here have that problem

High Pitch noise? I have a feeling its just the air in your tire...transmission problem? you have any proof that this high pitch noise is caused by the transmission?

uneven accerleration? Maybe its that new thing called variable valve timing which doesn\'t come in older cars...tried driving a turbo car? \"oh oh oh once i reach 3000rpm, the car suddenly jumps with a burst of power\"

fragile paint? Guy, this happens on all cars, rocks from roads will fly up and hit your car and you\'ll see a paint chip. That is so common. But if the paint falls off when you look at it (like you said from your website), then you must have some prototype eyes that shoots out lasers and chip the paint. Paint will not chip if you look at it the wrong way.

Cheap carpetting material? same as my first answer, we have a completely differnt type of carpetting here. Plus, if you are going to be all rough on the carpet and use it to clean the bottom of your shoe, its expected. Get a rubber car carpet replacement if you don\'t like the carpet material.

Mazda3 horror stories? I haven\'t heard of any major ones...not here, not from the US board. I\'ve heard of horror mazda dealership stories.

The way you posted it seems you are calling ALL mazda3 in the world lemons. WTF, do you even understand what a lemon is? All the problems you described doesn\'t make your car a lemon either. Its more of a personal issue with how you are using the car.

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 03:49 PM
btw, in no way am i trying to chase you away from this board for expressing your dislike about your version of the mazda3 which is not available here in canada. But have you thought of the things you\'ve said before posting them? NONE of your dislikes apply to us. What are we suppose to do? What do you expect us to do? I find it very hard to agree with you and start spreading the word that the mazda3 is crap. That is YOUR opinion on the austrailian version of the mazda3.

And about the young age of the members of the mazda3 clubs. Maybe it has something to do with that fact that mazda designed the mazda3 for this specific age group? Face it, the mazda3 was not made for a 50 yr old male who apparently has driven many other new cars (care to name a few?) That is why Ford created the Volvo S40 and Euro Ford Focus for the other age groups.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 05:26 PM
My Mazda was made in Japan. It is almost identical to the Mazda3 I test drove in the USA.

Originally posted by Spyder01
What are you trying to achieve by whining to us about your austrilian mazda3??

Many people who are thinking of buying a Mazda3 read these forums. I did. I want them to read about my experience. Unless you think they shouldn\'t be allowed to hear my story .. and why would you think that, unless you work for Mazda?

You oviously read many reviews of the mazda3 before making your purchase. Why do i have a feeling all of those reviews were from the US where none of the problems you describe does not occur?

If you peruse www.mazda3forums.com you\'ll find that all of these problems have been experienced by US buyers as well.

Seats? NONE of us here have that problem

People in the US do, see http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=28070.0 Maybe in Canada everyone wears soft, warm clothing, so seats rarely see belts, velcro etc.

High Pitch noise? I have a feeling its just the air in your tire...transmission problem? you have any proof that this high pitch noise is caused by the transmission?

Only that it\'s a well discussed problem ( http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=11195.0 and of course in Oz http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4687 ) ... and the only guy who cured his did so by changing his transmission, as I\'ve already said.

Uneven acceleration? Maybe its that new thing called variable valve timing which doesn\'t come in older cars...tried driving a turbo car? \"oh oh oh once i reach 3000rpm, the car suddenly jumps with a burst of power\"

No, this has nothing to do with that. I\'m talking about sudden, short, sharp hiccups in power flow while accelerating. In Australia, the cruise control units are locally sourced and have become a source of a lot of problems (interfering with electronic engine control, even when off).

fragile paint? Guy, this happens on all cars, rocks from roads will fly up and hit your car and you\'ll see a paint chip. That is so common. But if the paint falls off when you look at it (like you said from your website), then you must have some prototype eyes that shoots out lasers and chip the paint. Paint will not chip if you look at it the wrong way.

Actually, the Mazda3 paint is supposed to be \"environmentally friendly\" and is definitely more fragile and softer than paint you\'d get on a car, say, 10 years ago. Do some research.

Cheap carpeting material? same as my first answer, we have a completely different type of carpeting here. Plus, if you are going to be all rough on the carpet and use it to clean the bottom of your shoe, its expected. Get a rubber car carpet replacement if you don\'t like the carpet material.

I do have rubber mats to protect them, and it\'s other people who are universally unimpressed with the low quality carpets, talking of wearing holes in them within weeks of purchase, and the dead pedal area wearing through quite quickly. If your carpets are like mine, they\'ll feel like something bought from Walmart - thin, sparse and short pile.

Mazda3 horror stories? I haven\'t heard of any major ones...not here, not from the US board. I\'ve heard of horror Mazda dealership stories.

You obviously do not read the larger forums. This is a nice forum, with few aggressive people, so that\'s why I posted here. But the number of stories here is limited. I\'m gradually making a collection of \"horror\" stories from other forums, and there are quite a few.

The way you posted it seems you are calling ALL Mazda3 in the world lemons. WTF, do you even understand what a lemon is? All the problems you described doesn\'t make your car a lemon either. Its more of a personal issue with how you are using the car.

You clearly have trouble with reading comprehension. I suggest you go back and re-read my post, in which I carefully point out that if you are happy with your car, fine, and not to attack me for expressing a negative view, which is precisely what you are doing (and in so doing, you are discouraging other people from posting honest reviews, my friend!). A serious tranny whine, acceleration problems and fragile interior surfaces DO make the car a bad purchase, in my book. The problems go deep. I regard a lemon as any car that is below the quality of cars generally. Unless cars are all getting crappier by the year, this vehicle is unusually cheaply made. It is the worst car I have owned. My previous cars were all more expensive than this one, but even after 10 years my Camry upholstery looks like new, and I\'ve never had to take it in for engine noises or problems.

DY
11-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Perthguy, I do agree with you that sometimes in a forum dedicated to people who love their cars, it\'s hard to voice a negative albeit an honest opinion. Well, wish you all the best in your future car search. You certainly sound like somebody who discerns a quality product from a pretender to the crown. However, I would like to add that at the end of the day, if we\'re talking about value for money, this car is not so bad considering the cost of it. Well, I certainly hope none of your problems show up on my 2005 Mazda3.
:p

Jeff-TheBiz
11-28-2005, 06:42 PM

Many people who are thinking of buying a Mazda3 read these forums. I did. I want them to read about my experience.

First off, I hope that in some way Mazda comes to your rescue and eventually you can enjoy your car as much as the rest of us do..

I just hope you are not using your bad experience to ward off others from enjoying their cars.. I know that these are problems that have been experienced on every continent, but too often these forums become a \'soapbox\' for unusual instances.

I look at it this way, as I type this, there are 9 members on line and 24 \'guests\' on line.. which is normally the case twice as many guests as members.. The membership is well over 1000 and I know that in the GTA there are maybe 8000 Mazda3s on the road. (Sedans and Sports together) Right now, Mazda3Forums has a membership of 11346, at this moment there are 72 Guests and 70 Members on line.. (really I am not about to speculate how many Mazda3s there are in the USA) My point? There are more satisfied customers than irate ones..

Considering what other vehicles are available in it\'s class, I would say the Mazda3 is a home run.

I just hope that your concerns can be addressed..

If you have not yet done so, I would contact Mazda in Australia at 1800 034 411. You might have better luck with them. We are like 10000km away...

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz
First off, I hope that in some way Mazda comes to your rescue and eventually you can enjoy your car as much as the rest of us do..

I hope so too. Thanks for your kind wishes.

I just hope you are not using your bad experience to ward off others from enjoying their cars..

Isn\'t that impossible? I mean, if you\'re happy with your car, no amount of complaints from others should change that, not so? And why would I try to destroy your pleasure in your car? What possible reason could I have?

I know that these are problems that have been experienced on every continent, but too often these forums become a \'soapbox\' for unusual instances.

The problem with labelling people like me as \"unusual\" is that it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Others will read your conclusion and immediately assume that their negative experience will also be so attacked and labelled, and so they won\'t post their story. You really have to allow people to post what\'s happened to them without attacking it, people. You cannot force your desired view of things onto the reality of what\'s going on out there. Wishing something were so does not make it so.

I look at it this way, as I type this, there are 9 members on line and 24 \'guests\' on line.. which is normally the case twice as many guests as members.. The membership is well over 1000 and I know that in the GTA there are maybe 8000 Mazda3s on the road. (Sedans and Sports together) Right now, Mazda3Forums has a membership of 11346, at this moment there are 72 Guests and 70 Members on line.. (really I am not about to speculate how many Mazda3s there are in the USA) My point? There are more satisfied customers than irate ones..

Of course there are more satisfied than unhappy customers ... good heavens, if that were not so the car would not sell at all! But to INSIST that every negative view should essentially shut up and go away is crazy. And remember that for every person like me who likes to post about his experiences, there are hundreds who just try to resolve their problems quietly with their dealer or Mazda, and see no value in telling their story here. I represent many lurkers, guest readers and non-posters.

If you have not yet done so, I would contact Mazda in Australia at 1800 034 411. You might have better luck with them. We are like 10000km away...

Mazda Australia are aware of my case, thanks. I\'m not asking people here to fix my problems, just making a small statement for those looking for a new car, to look out, given what\'s happened to me. Personally, I wish I\'d bought a Golf or Jetta.

SABIO
11-28-2005, 07:52 PM
The thin cheap carpets suck?? I luv them... When I return the car when my lease is over, Mazda is going to hit me up for a $700 for new mats and carpeting. How else do you think the make money.
Weak paint... Awsome, I don\'t mind...
The car will have so many paint chips, they will charge me another $1000 to paint the hood and fenders.
The rear brakes will be gone by then about 40K... charge me $400 for a brake job.
Those crappy RSA\'s.... same, hit me up $1000 to replace those too.

Mazda excessive wear bullS**t clause...Make the car cheap... Ya gotta get it fixed...

rob_444
11-28-2005, 08:21 PM

Some pics of the upholstery follow (excuse poor quality, light was bad). Turns out that this is a problem for anyone who has any type of rough-edged clothing, such as velcro or, in my case, a son with a leather belt with a slightly rough edge. Other forums have a few threads on this problem, so I am definitely not the only one who has experienced it.

I noticed this on my 3 as well. Driving to work everyday i usually throw my laptop bag, which has a velcro cover, behind the drivers seat. The repeated motions of yanking the laptop across the seat while putting it in and out of the car, caused the cloth along the edge to fray.

I just assumed this was due to carelessness on my part, and would have happened to any such cloth material with repeated velcro abuse!

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 08:22 PM
People in the US do, see http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=28070.0 Maybe in Canada everyone wears soft, warm clothing, so seats rarely see belts, velcro etc.

Good Job posting that link, have you tried reading it? Half the pplz say it doesn\'t happen. The other half gets it and dealership replaced it. One guy had it replaced for the third time. So why not get it replaced? You just seemed to have joined in at the end there and starts telling pplz the extact same problem that was posted on the first page and answered on the second page. E-mail? you send me that e-mail with attached photos of all those close ups which could hardly be made out as a seat from the mazda3, i would iqnore you too. If its such a big problem for you, then bring it to a dealership. If the dealership says its normal and doesn\'t replace it for you, that is the dealership\'s problem.

Only that it\'s a well discussed problem ( http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=11195.0 and of course in Oz http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4687 ) ... and the only guy who cured his did so by changing his transmission, as I\'ve already said.

First link, third(final) reply. answers your question. Its normal.
Second link, throughout the whole thread. \"yea i have it\" \"noise what noise?\" etc. Except for this one guy which seem to have abled to get his transmission replaced (Note, he heard sound from his own car, heard sound from a new car off show room floor too) Not to mention the guy has an auto tranny car. Page #5 of that second link, pplz start to noticed its two seperate problems. And finally, lol maybe you haven\'t read this...you just became annoying and everyone told you to f*ck off. On the links you provided, all you do is whine and whine about the problem. Hell, I find you annoying just reading that thread.

No, this has nothing to do with that. I\'m talking about sudden, short, sharp hiccups in power flow while accelerating. In Australia, the cruise control units are locally sourced and have become a source of a lot of problems (interfering with electronic engine control, even when off).

Blah blah blah, another problem that doesn\'t apply to anyone else

Actually, the Mazda3 paint is supposed to be \"environmentally friendly\" and is definitely more fragile and softer than paint you\'d get on a car, say, 10 years ago. Do some research.

environmentally friendly paint? wtf is that? The amount of paint on your car has nothing to do with how enviromentally friendly your car is... Next time you whine, you can say its cost saving to have thinner paint. btw, did some research, only complaint i\'ve found were from the \"yellow mica\" colors. Once again fixed under warrenty.

I do have rubber mats to protect them, and it\'s other people who are universally unimpressed with the low quality carpets, talking of wearing holes in them within weeks of purchase, and the dead pedal area wearing through quite quickly. If your carpets are like mine, they\'ll feel like something bought from Walmart - thin, sparse and short pile.

So this problem doesn\'t apply to you? This problem applies to other pplz? What are you? just looking for problems to start some anti-mazda3 club??

rob_444
11-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by SABIO
The thin cheap carpets suck?? I luv them... When I return the car when my lease is over, Mazda is going to hit me up for a $700 for new mats and carpeting. How else do you think the make money.
The car will have so many paint chips, they will charge me another $1000 to paint the hood and fenders.

Normally for lease end, as long as the individual paint chips or dents are not over a pre-specified size, they just account it to \"wear-and-tear\". Im pretty sure mats and carpet too fall into the wear-and-tear no charge category.

The rear brakes will be gone by then about 40K... charge me $400 for a brake job.

Don\'t think brakes count either towards lease end penalties. The inspector doesnt actually drive your car, just does an indepth walk-around.

Good tip for lease end - if your tires have less then 3mm (i think) tread, the inspector will bill you for the going Mazda tire prices. However, you can actually put ANY tires on the car. Just buy the 4 cheapest ones that are the same size and have sufficient tread, and they will have to pass it. Dont need to the the RSAs at all.

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Every single forum you\'ve been to, everybody just tells you to f*ck off. Im guessing TM3 is next? Have you wondered why though? Maybe its because everything you post is kind of offensive. You hate your mazda3 so much, then sell it and buy the golf or whatever you like. Why are you still keeping the car? What did you expect anyway? That mazda would let you buy the car, drive it for awhile, ruin the seat(alright, according to you, its not your fault), and expect a refund on the car?

You say that pplz are not letting you express your negative opinion. That is totally not true, its the way you are expressing your opinion thats pissing everybody off on the other forums. You just seem to PM pplz and ask them how they complaint to the dealer so they can get a new transmission...wtf?

Sell the car RIGHT NOW and buy whatever you like. The Mazda3 or Mazda in general oviously is ticking you off for some reason, yet you keep the 3 and move from forum to forum and complain and complaint. Thanks for giving me those links you posted above, or i would have never knew how annoying you\'ve been on the other forums.

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 08:38 PM
You know what, continue your whining, don\'t really care... Theres just no point in arguing with you as you\'ve oviously hate mazda

Cardinal Fang
11-28-2005, 08:51 PM
With all due respect Syder01, I didn\'t find anything offensive about Perthguy\'s post and I certainly didn\'t take it personally to the point that it would \"kill\" my upcoming purchase of my Mazda 3. Those are HIS experiences and they are not EVERYONE\'s experience. The car didn\'t meet his expectation. We can argue at length weather his expectations were too high given the price point. I still have no doubt that this car is worth the praise it\'s been given. But this is no different than any of the other discussions that are taking place on other boards.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Spyder01One guy had it replaced for the third time. So why not get it replaced?

Oh dear, I see I have to spell everything out to you. Getting poor seat covers replaced with more poor seat covers is not a solution, in my book.

[in reference to transmission whine]First link, third(final) reply. answers your question. Its normal.

I have been driving manual and automatic cars for 35 years. That sound is NOT normal. The fact that someone posted that he thinks it is normal does not make it so. When the Mazda rep drove in my car with me, he did not think it was normal either. As to your disparaging remarks about me, I think it shows your poor debating skills. It\'s a pity you can\'t simply play the ball, and not the man. Further ad hominem remarks from you will result in me ignoring your posts.

Blah blah blah, another problem that doesn\'t apply to anyone else

How do you know? My dealer told me that he\'s had a whole lot of complaints about it, although you won\'t read about it on web forums -- which just goes to prove my point that many problems never get posted on web forums. You are part of the reason why they aren\'t.

environmentally friendly paint? wtf is that? The amount of paint on your car has nothing to do with how enviromentally friendly your car is...

Must I teach you everything? The new Mazda cars do not have paint formulated with the same toxic hardening chemicals used in years gone by. I see you simply refuse to research this, so I won\'t help you further.

So this problem doesn\'t apply to you? This problem applies to other supply? What are you? just looking for problems to start some anti-mazda3 club??

I have a bare patch in my carpet (after 2 months). Nuff said.

Thank for your input but I find your manner offensive and discourteous. I shall not answer you further.

Jeff-TheBiz
11-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

Normally for lease end, as long as the individual paint chips or dents are not over a pre-specified size, they just account it to \"wear-and-tear\". Im pretty sure mats and carpet too fall into the wear-and-tear no charge category.

Don\'t think brakes count either towards lease end penalties. The inspector doesnt actually drive your car, just does an indepth walk-around.

Good tip for lease end - if your tires have less then 3mm (i think) tread, the inspector will bill you for the going Mazda tire prices. However, you can actually put ANY tires on the car. Just buy the 4 cheapest ones that are the same size and have sufficient tread, and they will have to pass it. Dont need to the the RSAs at all.

Easier option... get the \"Wearcare\" and the first $3500 is not your problem. It is a Mazda Canada Credit product...

Mica3SGT
11-28-2005, 09:30 PM
I believe that the lack of a Lemon law provision for consumer protection in Australia is a case you should make with your locally elected officials and the best use of your resources.

Posting your woes in other countries/forums will not help your situation or correct your plight.

Thank you for alerting your concerns and inviting feedback from fellow Mazda 3 owners.
Obviously the passion that some of us have for our vehicles is translated to growing numbers of satisfied Mazda 3 owners and increased sales for the manufacturer around the world.
Not everyone will share this opinion, not everyone will have issues, not everyone will deal with frustrations or changed expectations in the same way.

Always lead, never follow, constantly seek improvements, never accept any limitations.
The people at Mazda hear you.:)

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 09:30 PM

With all due respect Syder01, I didn\'t find anything offensive about Perthguy\'s post and I certainly didn\'t take it personally to the point that it would \"kill\" my upcoming purchase of my Mazda 3. Those are HIS experiences and they are not EVERYONE\'s experience. The car didn\'t meet his expectation. We can argue at length weather his expectations were too high given the price point. I still have no doubt that this car is worth the praise it\'s been given. But this is no different than any of the other discussions that are taking place on other boards.

Agreed, I might have mis-read parts of his posts and replies and took them as an offence towards me and just went crazy back there.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT
Posting your woes in other countries/forums will not help your situation or correct your plight.

As already stated, my purpose in posting a review is not to help my own situation, but to give a heads up to prospective buyers.

Thank you for alerting your concerns and inviting feedback from fellow Mazda 3 owners. Obviously the passion that some of us have for our vehicles is translated to growing numbers of satisfied Mazda 3 owners and increased sales for the manufacturer around the world. Not everyone will share this opinion, not everyone will have issues, not everyone will deal with frustrations or changed expectations in the same way. Always lead, never follow, constantly seek improvements, never accept any limitations. The people at Mazda hear you.:)

It\'s good to see that Mazda employees and/or dealers post here too.

MAZDA Kitten
11-28-2005, 09:38 PM

Personally, I wish I\'d bought a Golf or Jetta.

LOL!!! IF you think Mazda is bad then i wouldnt even look at VW.
And yes I own a 1999 Golf. Check engine light at 30,000km, changed 2 02 sensors, bad MAF, leaking oil..um.. should I keep going?

I think this website is perfect for you:
MY VW LEMON (http://www.myvwlemon.com/index.php)

ps - if you have velcro rubbing your seats did you expect your seats to stay in perfect condition?

MAZDA Kitten
11-28-2005, 09:42 PM

It is not only Mazda who is this doing.....

Mica3SGT
11-28-2005, 09:44 PM
I\'m not an employee or official spokesperson of Mazda, it\'s advertising agency or affiliates and suppliers - but YES - they do read forums like this one.

Take my advice and put your energies into discussions with your politicians to introduce the Lemon Law legislation as other countries have done. Your future posts could be reporting what a positive impact you have made for everyone in your community. No worries!;)

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by MAZDA KittenI think this website is perfect for you:

Just goes to show, doesn\'t it, how many modern cars are being made on the cheap. It\'s a race to the bottom.

if you have velcro rubbing your seats did you expect your seats to stay in perfect condition?

Read carefully, in my case an ordinary leather belt (plain leather, no studs or anything) caused the damage. Others say velcro will rip up the seats immediately.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 10:19 PM

From a recent Time magazine article about the VWLEMON site:

At the website myvwlemon.com, owners gripe about faulty brake lights, knobs that fall off and clutches that blow after just 60,000 miles. VW says many of these problems are minor and that its cars perform solidly over the long haul. (Time Magazine)

This sounds familiar. It\'s what a Mazda dealer said to me about Mazda vehicles, more or less.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-28-2005, 10:33 PM

environmentally friendly paint? wtf is that? The amount of paint on your car has nothing to do with how enviromentally friendly your car is... Next time you whine, you can say its cost saving to have thinner paint. btw, did some research, only complaint i\'ve found were from the \"yellow mica\" colors. Once again fixed under warrenty.

insert foot in mouth then speak.

environmentally friendly paint has been applied to cars for the past few years. what makes them environmentally friendly? they don\'t include lead.

so now you know what environmentally friendly paint is...and knowing is half the battle. GI Joe.

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

environmentally friendly paint has been applied to cars for the past few years. what makes them environmentally friendly? they don\'t include lead.

so now you know what environmentally friendly paint is...and knowing is half the battle. GI Joe.

Forget it, don\'t want to bring the whole TM3 against me

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:04 PM

LOL!! Lead was taken out of paints a long while back, mate. When you\'ve taken your foot out of your mouth, try this:
http://www.greenbiz.com/news/news_third.cfm?NewsID=26587

SIM SIMMA
11-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Just to chime in about VWs...

I traded in my 2000 Jetta VR6... it gave me nothing but problems. Bought it brand new... had transmission problems within the first few months... and I had all the electrical problems, went through 3 O2 sensors (beat ya Mazda Kitten :p )... the list goes on... but this is a Mazda site.

It was a fun car to drive when it was not giving me problems...

Supposedly the build quality has improved but who knows... my personal experience with VW has pushed me away from them forever. Personal choice.

Spyder01
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Thats what i was going to say in the other post, that lead was taken out along time ago. The guy with the indigo blue 2.3...no need to take a jab at me with that foot thing

btw, that link you posted...its just a environmentally friendly way of painting...reduces the emissions on the painting step...i still don\'t get how the paint on the car especially the mazda3, can be called environmentally friendly.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Jobes
my personal experience with VW has pushed me away from them forever. Personal choice.

I hear you and value your opinion. This feedback means I shall have to look very carefully at any future VW purchase.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:15 PM

Thats what i was going to say in the other post, that lead was taken out along time ago. The guy with the indigo blue 2.3...no need to take a jab at me with that foot thing

btw, that link you posted...its just a environmentally friendly way of painting...reduces the emissions on the painting step...i still don\'t get how the paint on the car especially the mazda3, can be called environmentally friendly.

Spyder, you seem to be getting more friendly, so I\'ll answer this: the Mazda3 has a paint which combines primer and topcoat, thus cutting down on VOCs (volatile organic chemicals), which are nasty, toxic chemicals (e.g. turpentine). It also means a thinner paint layer, IMO.

MajesticBlueNTO
11-28-2005, 11:17 PM

LOL!! Lead was taken out of paints a long while back, mate. When you\'ve taken your foot out of your mouth, try this:
http://www.greenbiz.com/news/news_third.cfm?NewsID=26587

wasn\'t talking about the mazda3\'s paint specifically, mate.

foot was never in my mouth, try this:

http://pubs.acs.org/cen/coverstory/8042/8042paints.html

Like architectural paint makers did 30 years ago, automotive paint companies want to take the trace amount of lead out of the primer layer. Although new paint lines are lead-free, Zahren notes that about 50% of the world\'s auto paint lines still use lead. Article dated October 21, 2002

whether it\'s lead or VOCs, the fact remains that there is such a thing as \"environmentally friendly paint\".

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Majestic, there are trace amounts of lead in drinking water too. ;)

Lead and its removal has nothing to so with Mazda\'s thin and somewhat fragile paint.

SIM SIMMA
11-28-2005, 11:21 PM
But you see that\'s the thing with any car you buy.

I bought the car after reading decent reviews and from friends who were all VW guys. They had all their VWs for years and were driving them into the ground. I bought thinking I would experience the same thing.

It just shows that prior VWs were built better or I was just damn unlucky. A common thing heard when purchasing a VW..... it\'s a beauty or a beast. In my situation I got a beast :( In 2000 the VW warranty was crap... 2 year/40,000km it was horrible so I ended up dropping too much money in repairs. The VW was not cheap to maintain.

Anyway... I digress... I am enjoying my Mazda right now. Right now it is a fun car to drive. Not as powerful as the VR6 but it has some pep. My wallet also appreciates my choice for now.

Good luck on your current situation with your 3 and hopefully things work out or if you sell it I hope you enjoy your next purchase... it takes research (which you seem to do) but it also has to do with a little bit of luck when you pick a car.

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:25 PM
Jobes, good point. I\'m picking up my car from the dealer tomorrow. I have no idea what they are doing to it!!

I have a fantasy that when I pick it up, all will be well.

Cue Monty Python:

\"Always look on the bright side of life ...\"

Perthguy
11-28-2005, 11:27 PM
BTW, I\'m driving a little Mazda2 auto courtesy car right now. Love it. Wish I\'d bought this car instead!!! It probably also has cheap seats and carpets, but the engine sounds healthy and, as an automatic, it\'s a breeze to drive compared to my M3\'s twitchy clutch.

vasco
11-29-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by MAZDA Kitten

Personally, I wish I\'d bought a Golf or Jetta.

LOL!!! IF you think Mazda is bad then i wouldnt even look at VW.
And yes I own a 1999 Golf. Check engine light at 30,000km, changed 2 02 sensors, bad MAF, leaking oil..um.. should I keep going?

I think this website is perfect for you:

ps - if you have velcro rubbing your seats did you expect your seats to stay in perfect condition?

i feel ur pain my 2000 gold 1.8t went thru all the above plus 3 air bag sensors n 2 trannys

o wait n the window fell into the door the glove bax broke also the arm rest waterpump oil pump n brake lines

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by rob_444
I noticed this on my 3 as well. Driving to work everyday i usually throw my laptop bag, which has a velcro cover, behind the drivers seat. The repeated motions of yanking the laptop across the seat while putting it in and out of the car, caused the cloth along the edge to fray.

I just assumed this was due to carelessness on my part, and would have happened to any such cloth material with repeated velcro abuse!

Don\'t blame yourself! A proper seat cover should withstand velcro contact. Be sure to register the problem with your dealer, since Mazda may offer replacement seat covers to customers with problems (rumour has it), and you want to be sure they contact you.

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2005, 08:23 AM

Cue Monty Python:

\"Always look on the bright side of life ...\"

*Nervous twitch*

Whos ur dadd
11-29-2005, 09:07 AM
Easier option... get the \"Wearcare\" and the first $3500 is not your problem. It is a Mazda Canada Credit product...

Thread hijack

Biz, can it be purchased after the fact? :D

TheProfessor
11-29-2005, 09:08 AM
The thing I don\'t quite understand is why don\'t those who dislike their 3\'s so much (cue Perthguy and Sabio) just sell their cars and move on? You have every right to complain about it if you\'re unhappy, but what does it say about you that you do nothing about it? It can\'t be that bad if you\'re still driving it :sarc

rob_444
11-29-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by Jobes
Just to chime in about VWs...
I traded in my 2000 Jetta VR6... it gave me nothing but problems. Bought it brand new... had transmission problems within the first few months... and I had all the electrical problems, went through 3 O2 sensors (beat ya Mazda Kitten :p )... the list goes on... but this is a Mazda site.

It was a fun car to drive when it was not giving me problems...

Supposedly the build quality has improved but who knows... my personal experience with VW has pushed me away from them forever. Personal choice.

Similar story here as well. I leased a 2001 Audi A4 1.8T from 2001-2004. At about 50,000 km, the entire engine had to be rebuilt!! The oil intake malfunctioned on a trip home from Quebec, seizing the engine somewhere outside Kingston. During the 3 years there was also a problem of the car \"pulling\" when idling that i had to go back to the dealer about 4 times for, electrical problems in the sunroof, and numerous other little annoyances.

I realize its probably an isolated incident, but its sort of put me off German cars! The upkeep and repair expense just isnt worth it...

Jeff-TheBiz
11-29-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Thread hijack

Biz, can it be purchased after the fact? :D

Sorry, but no. It is an addendum to the lease so the only time it can be purchased is prior to signing the lease.

Rule of thumb:

If your intentions are to buy the car at the end of your lease, wearcare is a waste of money,

If you are planning to return the car after the lease (24, 36 or 48) Wearcare ($695) is worth every penny..

akherad
11-29-2005, 10:41 AM
WOW, this thread grew so fast. 4 Pages so far.

Personally, I didn\'t buy VW because I read the reviews on other sites and obviously people were not happy with their VWs. What I mean here is that I read about major problems and issues (Engine, Trany, ...). Then I decided to take a look @ Japanese cars like Corolla, Civic, Lancer and Mazda3. if you go through all reviews for these cars, you rarely see major issues and and if you see something major, it\'s not a general one. I test drove couple of japanese carsand then I picked Mazda3. Now if I have some rattles and some minor issues, that\'s fine. I live with them and I enjoy driving my wonderful car.
My point? I\'m talking to all unhappy mazda3 owners. If you think you won\'t enjoy your car anymore (for any reason), then it doesn\'t mean you have to keep it. Get rid of it and enjoy your next purchase/lease.

I also should say that I personally appreciate your feedback in this forum or others. People should be aware of all kind of ideas and experiences.

Perthguy, keep us posted about your car. I hope to hear good news from you.
:)

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by akheradIf you think you won\'t enjoy your car anymore (for any reason), then it doesn\'t mean you have to keep it. Get rid of it and enjoy your next purchase/lease.

Expensive last resort option (will lose a lot of money if I sell it now).

Perthguy, keep us posted about your car. I hope to hear good news from you.

I\'ll definitely keep this thread updated :)

ds2chan
11-29-2005, 11:53 AM

Originally posted by akheradIf you think you won\'t enjoy your car anymore (for any reason), then it doesn\'t mean you have to keep it. Get rid of it and enjoy your next purchase/lease.

yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. if it were to happen to me I know I\'d try and get Mazda to fix it for free before trying to sell and cut my losses.. I think even after 2 1/2 months u\'d probably stand to lose around $3k (canadian; sorry, I\'m not sure what u use in Australia as currency; and no majic, I didn\'t google it yet.. :sarc)

and good luck with trying to get Mazda to fix it.. hopefully all will be resolved and u can finally be (somewhat) happy with ur purchase..

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ds2chan

I\'m not sure what u use in Australia as currency; and no majic, I didn\'t google it yet.. :sarc)

They use the Australian Dollar.

</majic>

Caz
11-29-2005, 12:21 PM
They use the Australian Dollar.

You are too funny:D

akherad
11-29-2005, 01:01 PM

I agree and that will be the LAST option. However I strongly hope you have no more problem with the car and keep driving it with high level of satisfaction.

MAZDA Kitten
11-29-2005, 01:04 PM

Just goes to show, doesn\'t it, how many modern cars are being made on the cheap. It\'s a race to the bottom.

Then you will never be satisified...
Civics, Corrals, BMW\'s, Mercedes... they all have lemons. Be it a 10,000$ Echo or a 120,000$ 7 Series BMW.
Have you thought about a VESPA?

bubba1983
11-29-2005, 01:22 PM

Then you will never be satisified...
Civics, Corrals, BMW\'s, Mercedes... they all have lemons. Be it a 10,000$ Echo or a 120,000$ 7 Series BMW.
asdf
asdf
asfdsasdaasd

ahahah
ZING!!

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 03:43 PM

You mean Vespa\'s have no lemons? Wow!

MAZDA Kitten
11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
If you read carefully you are answering a question with a question :) I was not making a statement.

But I think you are confusing a lot of people now; I understand you were on a crusade of some sorts to educate potential and current customers of the MAZDA 3 vehicle.
However the more you type it seems that you are just bitter towards the WHOLE car industry as a whole.

So why dont you just get a OLDER more \"RELIABLE\" vehicle like a nice JUSTY?

http://carpictures.duble.com/Subaru/Justy/1.jpg

ds2chan
11-29-2005, 04:41 PM

However the more you type it seems that you are just bitter towards the WHOLE car industry as a whole.

the car industry is a cruel cruel mistress.. u give so much and sometimes u get so little.. and sometimes u get a lemon.. so what do u do?? well, u can try adding some sugar and water and turning it into sweet sweet lemonade.. so where am I going with this?? I\'m not sure anymore.. :hoho

MajesticBlueNTO
11-29-2005, 04:45 PM

If you read carefully you are answering a question with a question :) I was not making a statement.

But I think you are confusing a lot of people now; I understand you were on a crusade of some sorts to educate potential and current customers of the MAZDA 3 vehicle.

So why dont you just get a OLDER more \"RELIABLE\" vehicle like a nice JUSTY?

http://carpictures.duble.com/Subaru/Justy/1.jpg

wow...platform sharing at its finest. who\'d have thought a Subaru would share the same platform (practically the same car) as the Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift.

\"gun it Neddy!\" \"I can\'t, it\'s a GEO!\"

guess it\'s not too bad though, although we won\'t see anymore Subarus dressed up as Saabs, now that GM sold its 20% stake in Fuji Heavy Industries.

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2005, 04:53 PM

the car industry is a cruel cruel mistress.. u give so much and sometimes u get so little.. and sometimes u get a lemon.. so what do u do?? well, u can try adding some sugar and water and turning it into sweet sweet lemonade.. so where am I going with this?? I\'m not sure anymore.. :hoho

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/not_funny.jpg

MAZDA Kitten
11-29-2005, 04:56 PM
I think it was a good analogy heehee

ds2chan
11-29-2005, 05:37 PM

I think it was a good analogy heehee

lol.. thanks MK.. I think Cardinal is just jealous of my comedic performance.. :D

ok, no more thread jacking for me.. sorry about that momentary lapse Perthguy.. :)

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
Mazda Kitten, your avatar is sooo appropriate, it\'s just not funny. Excuse me if I don\'t reply to your non sequiturs like \"you seem to be against the whole car industry\". :sarc Please go monster someone else.

To other members: I\'d like to make a query about something odd that\'s happened on this forum. I did a search for people who\'d also had the weird, high-pitched transmission noise that I have, and I found a post where user PICASSO stated he\'d had the problem and was pursuing it with his dealer. I PMed him to ask what happened. No answer, but instead I get Spyder01 accusing me of PMing people to find out how to \"get the dealer to replace my transmission\". Does this mean you guys have formed little cliques and communicate privately with each other about new members? Creepy, if true!

Cardinal Fang
11-29-2005, 09:03 PM
I think this is now getting a little ridiculous don\'t you Perthguy?

Perthguy, I defended your right to come on this and other boards for that matter to voice your concerns about the Mazda 3 you purchased. I felt some of the words you received from the members were a \"tad\" harsh and not in keeping with the intent of this board. You obviously felt a need to express your opinions about the car and I commend you for it. But I think you\'ve now gone a little too far in my opinion.

You\'ve now stooped to \"trolling\" another thread in order to launch into the same criticisms of the car. I would hope that you manage to confine your comments to the appropriate threads and not attempt to put a new twist on the term “Spamming.”

Private messages are just that. Private. It\'s an additional means to converse between members. How they choose to use it is up to them. I\'ve relayed jokes and humorous insults in PM. I have no doubt that I have been the subject of a PM or two and it really doesn\'t bother me what others think of me or my posts. This is the internet. This is not a real life for most of us. What is truly “creepy” is that you would even care what others think about you given that you are an entire ocean away.

You have criticized others for attempting to censor you by shouting you down. Now you’ve resorted to school yard tactics of running to the teacher complaining that “Sally is talking behind your back.” With all due respect, you haven’t elevated your case one bit. As a matter of fact, you’ve lowered it to the same levels of those who critisized you.

Do me a favor please? Act your age.

g_g
11-29-2005, 09:17 PM
Perthguy, I am sorry that you hate your car as much as you do, but you are on a MAZDA 3 ENTHUSIAST site and so you must expect that not all members will take kidly to your negative views. I LOVE my car (some ppl would say too much) and I am sorry that you hate yours as much as you do.

You should get rid of it, sell it NOW. If you hate it as much as you do you should not care about the money you will lose but should be happy that you wont have to hate it so much anymore.

I think that you should be happy with the responses ppl have given as i can tell you that other forums that i visit would take a lot less care of your situation given your attitude toward the whole thing just plain SUX. You seem to have a negative response for eveything that ppl say. Again, i must emphasize that you are on a MAZDA 3 ENTHUSIAST site. You have stated youre issues, and ppl have given thier opinions...you hate your car, we all understand that...the redundancy of your posts is boring.

:zzz

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Fang, if you think it\'s good that a private message I sent to another member, asking a perfectly legitimate question, should 1) be ignored and 2) relayed to other members to be thrown in my face, and you think that mentioning this or asking a question about it is childish, so be it. I also never realized that by adding any comment to any other thread, I\'d be judged as \"trolling\".

G_G, I am not prepared to throw thousands of dollars away by selling this car when it is only 2 months old. You insist that this is an enthusiasts\' forum, but it seems to have a whole section for complaints and problems. Are you sure that this isn\'t simply a Mazda3 club/forum? Perhaps the moderators should add a little sticky or announcement to this forum: \"If you want to express negative views, please only post in one place, once.\"

Perthguy
11-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Update: dealer says that Mazda has told him that a possible fix for the seats is in the pipeline. Whew! That\'s one less thing to worry about.

The ee-yaw sound my cruise control makes is normal, apparently, or at least another car they have makes that sound too.

He couldn\'t get the car to accelerate in a jerky fashion ... sigh, why do these problems only happen intermittently?

He\'s taking it out tomorrow with the man from Mazda to test for the tranny whine.

EDIT: if your seats are fraying or pilling too, be SURE TO REPORT IT TO YOUR DEALER if you want to be notified when new seat covers are issued by Mazda before your warranty runs out.

g_g
11-29-2005, 11:42 PM

Update: dealer says that Mazda has told him that a possible fix for the seats is in the pipeline. Whew! That\'s one less thing to worry about.

The ee-yaw sound my cruise control makes is normal, apparently, or at least another car they have makes that sound too.

He couldn\'t get the car to accelerate in a jerky fashion ... sigh, why do these problems only happen intermittently?

He\'s taking it out tomorrow with the man from Mazda to test for the tranny whine.

See its starting to look better already...please understnd that my post was not to create an enemy. And i would think one could call it an enthusiast site as the difinition of an inthusiast is \"a person having a strong liking for something\" and, correct me if im wrong everyone, but i think we all (aside from Perthguy) have a strong liking for our car. We all own or would like to own a mazda 3. :)

Whos ur dadd
11-30-2005, 12:52 AM

They should check out the other whining while they\'re at it. :sarc

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 01:56 AM
Interestingly, the more I drive the Mazda2 loan car the more I like it. It\'s MUCH easier to get into and out of, very upright like a small SUV kinda, and the interior hard surfaces don\'t seem to mark up the same way as the 3\'s does. Not as much power, of course, but you get to the speed limit just as fast, seems to me. Plenty of space ... maybe it\'s an optical illusion, but it seems as large inside as the 3. Automatic gearbox smooth as anything, and not having to change gear gets me going even faster than in the 3! Has all 6 airbags too ... cool little car.

Looks nice too. Caught a lot of people staring, which they don\'t do to the 3.

http://www.mazda.com.au/mazda2/articles/images/m2perf_hero2005.jpg

TheProfessor
11-30-2005, 08:19 AM

They should check out the other whining while they\'re at it. :sarc

Now that was funny :D

MAZDA Kitten
11-30-2005, 09:04 AM

Mazda Kitten, your avatar is sooo appropriate, it\'s just not funny. Excuse me if I don\'t reply to your non sequiturs like \"you seem to be against the whole car industry\". :sarc Please go monster someone else.

What does my avatar have to do with anything in this thread or your hate for your vehicle/new cars in general?
If you\'re taking a stab at me \'trying to be funny\' Well I wasnt.

Cardinal Fang
11-30-2005, 09:20 AM

Fang, if you think it\'s good that a private message I sent to another member, asking a perfectly legitimate question, should 1) be ignored and 2) relayed to other members to be thrown in my face,

Re-read my post. I said private messages are just that. Private. I don\'t condone the passing around of private messages without the expressed permission of the person who sent the message.

and you think that mentioning this or asking a question about it is childish, so be it.

No, what I think is childish is insinuating that there is this secret clique of people who talk about other posters behind their backs on an open board. Again, what should you care what other people think?

I also never realized that by adding any comment to any other thread, I\'d be judged as \"trolling\".

Your comment about having people try an experiment to illustrate your \"seat problems\" in the Dealer Installed Option thread was just that. It had nothing to do with the thread topic yet you chose to post it as a means of highlighting YOUR problems yet again. You were cautioned about it.

http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=40&page=3

Again, let me state categorically that I have no problems with the airing your grievances about your Mazda 3. What I do have an issue with is the means by which you have now resorted to do it simply because you were put off by a few posters. You lower yourself to their level.

By the way I\'m glad that Mazda is finally addressing your situation. KEEP PRESSING THEM.

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 09:23 AM
Another interesting small car I\'ve noticed is the new Toyota YARIS (http://www.yaris.com.au). Do you have that car in Canada?

http://bilder.autobild.de/bilder/1/60590.jpg

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 09:35 AM
I don\'t condone the passing around of private messages without the expressed permission of the person who sent the message.

Good, then we agree on that.

No, what I think is childish is insinuating that there is this secret clique of people who talk about other posters behind their backs on an open board.

Small problem with reading comprehension again, Fang. Asking the question about a clique (to which Picasso could step forward and make answer, hopefully in the negative, and also say why he never replied), is not the same as insinuating anything. Capiche?

Question != insinuation, in programming terminology.

Your comment about having people try an experiment to illustrate your \"seat problems\" ...

Now, talking about insinuations, please be aware that putting inverted commas around the phrase seat problems insinuates that they are not really seat problems, but perhaps a trivial figment of my imagination, because (you imply) I\'m a whiner, as one of your compatriots insinuated (now that was a real insinuation!). Let me ask you a direct question: do you think the fraying of my seats is a problem, or not? I\'m really keen to hear your answer!

akherad
11-30-2005, 09:42 AM

Another interesting small car I\'ve noticed is the new Toyota YARIS (http://www.yaris.com.au). Do you have that car in Canada?

Do we have Mazda2 in Canada? I have not seen that in the dealers or street. I even din\'t find it in MSN Auto web site. It seems we don\'t have it in North America.

Toyota Yaris seems to be OK. I have seen some 2006 Yaris on the road. Tried to find some Canadian reviews. Well I found This One (http://canadianautopress.auto123.com/en/info/roadtest/view.spy?make=Toyota&artid=52452) in Canadian Auto Press web site.

EDIT: it seems it will replace Echo here. (or better to say they just changed the name). by the way, it\'s subcompact class which I believe a different class from Mazda3.

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by akheradToyota Yaris seems to be OK. I have seen some 2006 Yaris on the road. Tried to find some Canadian reviews. Well I found This One (http://canadianautopress.auto123.com/en/info/roadtest/view.spy?make=Toyota&artid=52452) in Canadian Auto Press web site.

To quote from that article:

t\'s built using methods incorporated into Toyota\'s larger cars, creating a solid little package the offers up a surprisingly comfortable ride, terrific handling, sporty acceleration and commendable high-speed stability.

High praise indeed! The biggest newspaper in Australia raves about it here (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17406096%255E13232,00.html)

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by akheradit seems it will replace Echo here. (or better to say they just changed the name). by the way, it\'s subcompact class which I believe a different class from Mazda3.

Yes, but it comes in 5-door versions and \"In Toyota\'s own words space is comparable to a larger C-segment or Corolla-sized car. \"

akherad
11-30-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally posted by akheradToyota Yaris seems to be OK. I have seen some 2006 Yaris on the road. Tried to find some Canadian reviews. Well I found This One (http://canadianautopress.auto123.com/en/info/roadtest/view.spy?make=Toyota&artid=52452) in Canadian Auto Press web site.

To quote from that article:

t\'s built using methods incorporated into Toyota\'s larger cars, creating a solid little package the offers up a surprisingly comfortable ride, terrific handling, sporty acceleration and commendable high-speed stability.

High praise indeed! The biggest newspaper in Australia raves about it here (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17406096%255E13232,00.html)

so it seems you have picked your next car. hoooraaaayyy.

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by akherad
So it seems you have picked your next car. hoooraaaayyy.

Hehe. don\'t jump to conclusions. Although I must say that in all honesty my 1997 Camry gave me superb service (and is still waiting for me in Las Vegas).

Cardinal Fang
11-30-2005, 10:01 AM

Now, talking about insinuations, please be aware that putting inverted commas around the phrase seat problems insinuates that they are not really seat problems, but perhaps a trivial figment of my imagination, because (you imply) I\'m a whiner, as one of your compatriots insinuated (now that was a real insinuation!).

Oh brother. I see your point but that was not my intention. My intention was to illustrate that they were YOUR seat problems. Not typical of everyone else’s situation with the seats. My use of quotes was an attempt to paraphrase your problem.

Seriously though, lets not degenerate these posts into an English lesson because it will be lost on half the people here.

Let me ask you a direct question: do you think the fraying of my seats is a problem, or not? I\'m really keen to hear your answer!

From what I could make out in the pictures coupled with your comments there should be no reason for that amount of fraying given the short time you\'ve had the car. You see Perthguy, I\'ve given you the benefit of the doubt. I\'ve never claimed your problems were not valid. Show me once where I posted directly to you that I doubted the sincerity of your comments?

Now answer this? Do you not think you\'ve contributed to the childish behavior this thread has degenerated in? English lessons aside. I\'m keen on your answer. If you would please answer me in PM. The boards are for information and this type of dialogue detracts from it.

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Cardinal Fang, I\'m an old guy who\'s a bit pissed off with possibly being ripped off by a giant corporation. You\'re probably young enough to be my son, full of vim and vigour, and you love your car, I\'m sure. We have different agendas. I only posted on this forum because it seemed to have a review section that invited good AND BAD reviews. Unfortunately, as someone said, if you post a bad review some people take it as a personal insult aimed at them, as if you are criticising their careful choice and their beloved purchase. Nobody is being childish, it\'s just human behaviour and seeing things differently.

Can\'t we all just ..... get along?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7725/1280/1600/332-pals1.jpg

akherad
11-30-2005, 10:15 AM

So it seems you have picked your next car. hoooraaaayyy.

Hehe. don\'t jump to conclusions. Although I must say that in all honesty my 1997 Camry gave me superb service (and is still waiting for me in Las Vegas).

I had a 1993 Camry. It was a nice car and served me well, however repair costs were too much for me to aford, so I traded that in to get the Mazda3.

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by akheradI had a 1993 Camry. It was a nice car and served me well, however repair costs are too high for me to afford, so I traded that in to get the Mazda3.

I don\'t think it pays to hold on to very old cars. And if you read the main consumer choice magazine in the USA ( http://www.consumerreports.org/ ) they show that cars manufactured before 1996/7 have very poor reliability generally (there are exceptions).

akherad
11-30-2005, 10:23 AM

Originally posted by akheradI had a 1993 Camry. It was a nice car and served me well, however repair costs are too high for me to afford, so I traded that in to get the Mazda3.

I don\'t think it pays to hold on to very old cars. And if you read the main consumer choice magazine in the USA ( http://www.consumerreports.org/ ) they show that cars manufactured before 1996/7 have very poor reliability generally (there are exceptions).

I agree.

Cardinal Fang
11-30-2005, 10:27 AM

I would reluctantly have to agree.

:(

</Driving 1991 Integra>

MajesticBlueNTO
11-30-2005, 11:16 AM

</Driving 1991 Integra>

you have to move up to the 92 integra :p

i\'ve had 2...one was bulletproof in so much that, when it got into an accident, we bought another used one. <knock on wood> so far, the latest one has been just as reliable </knock on wood>

akherad
11-30-2005, 11:37 AM

</Driving 1991 Integra>

you have to move up to the 92 integra :p

i\'ve had 2...one was bulletproof in so much that, when it got into an accident, we bought another used one. <knock on wood> so far, the latest one has been just as reliable </knock on wood>

<WTH>aahhhh XML tags....Come on...</WTH>

KenYork
11-30-2005, 01:10 PM

Do we have Mazda2 in Canada? I have not seen that in the dealers or street. I even din\'t find it in MSN Auto web site. It seems we don\'t have it in North America.

Toyota Yaris seems to be OK. I have seen some 2006 Yaris on the road. Tried to find some Canadian reviews. Well I found This One (http://canadianautopress.auto123.com/en/info/roadtest/view.spy?make=Toyota&artid=52452) in Canadian Auto Press web site.

EDIT: it seems it will replace Echo here. (or better to say they just changed the name). by the way, it\'s subcompact class which I believe a different class from Mazda3.

I\'ve actually test driven the Yaris. It pretty much is a redesigned Echo, where \"Yaris\" is the original name of the design from Europe. That\'s what the sales lady told me. It drives like an Echo as well (I own a 2001 Echo, Loving my 3GS, yes i feel it has cheap seat fabric)

TheProfessor
11-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Seriously though, lets not degenerate these posts into an English lesson because it will be lost on half the people here.

:sarc

majic
11-30-2005, 02:20 PM

LOL!!! so true :D

Perthguy,

so i sat on the sidelines for a while.. i just waded through this entire thread.. and i have some comments

1) you\'ve failed to mention which trim you have (Neo, Maxx, Maxx Sport, SP23) as the Neo has a \'lower\' grade upholstery - it seems like you have the Maxx Sport but the aussie mazda site is a bit confusing.
2) i don\'t know when PiCASSO logged in last BUT i know he hasn\'t posted since Nov 11, 2005 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php?perpage=20&sortby=dateline&sort=DESC&q= &qauthor=picasso&forums%5B%5D=all&matchmessage=1&a ction=display) not eveyone is here daily or checks their messages every 5 minutes (Cardinal Fang and myself excluded) :D
3) if you click here (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/member.php?action=online) you will see that if someone is composing a msg, others viewing the forum can see that the user is \"writing a new message\" - maybe that\'s how spyder01 knew, maybe that was from another board..
4) the cliques.. they exist everywhere, whether it\'s high school, lunch room at work or a bulletin board like this, they\'ll be there. most of us are enthusiasts here and yes, most of us are young(er) and for some this is the first car (myself included) but when you compare it to the competitors in its class it\'s a hands down win in terms of performance, finish and value.. and yes some of us are unhappy with the fuel economy, crappy tires, shitty wipers, weak A/C.. etc etc.. but there\'s been a LOT packed into this vehicle for such a low price (i don\'t want to investigate the prices in AUS but here this car is priced at an entry level) talk to nifty6 - he has a lot of beef with how the mazda3 is built and he is in your age range (+/-5 or so.. ) seems like you older folk who have experienced quality perhaps luxury vehicles are complaining about econoboxes - just remember you get what you pay for.
5) the article about the yaris (http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17406096%255E13232,00.html) ok, so they hype you up and you buy one.. was the yaris tested by 50+yo? How reliable are their findings? and guess what you get unlucky and get that one of a thousand (or 10K or 100K) that\'s \'bad\' and you\'ll complain to everyone.. that sucks but as MK said, are you going to avoid every car manufacturer and model from 10K - 300K? that would be a tad ridiculous. your best option is to get the dealership on your side (in Toronto alone we have about 4 dealers who KNOW of tm3 and try to cater to us as much as possible helping out with TSBs and other concerns) as well as (as someone already mentioned) the politicians and get them to introduce lemon laws.

bottom line is, there seems to be more praise for the mazda3 than there are complaints. and i know what you mean when you refer to ‘silent majority;. but IMO it\'s the other way around. take me for an example. I had LASIK (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=2615) done a few months back. The result – I LOVE IT!! *knock on wood* when i was doing my research, the negative comments outweighed the positive ones by at least 5:1 (if not more).. why did I decide to get it done? I did my own THOROUGH research, visited 3 top clinics in Canada and read POSITIVE and NEGATIVE reviews. I did the same with my purchase of the 3. I test drove it on 3 different occasions and visited about 3-4 dealers while reading reviews on various forums. Going back to lasik comments, most of the negative feedback stemmed from either of two groups of patients 1) cheap skates 2) ones less knowledgeable about the subject. now in NO way i am inferring that you\'re either poor/cheap or dumb. All I am saying is those people made some wrong choices (timing/bad doctors/money matters).. those same people who got fuc|<ed for life are the ones suing and spreading their negative experiences, but you knew that b/c that’s what you’re doing. So lets leave this at you, nifty6, sabio, sienna01 (from another forum, engine hesitation problem) mazda3_mike who have serious or less serious but many complaints about the 3. that’s ~5/1000 or 0.05% unsatisfied customers.

Good luck with your quest and let us know what the dealership/mazda Australia can do for you. If you are to get into a heated debate with someone, do it over a PM please.

--majic

Cardinal Fang
11-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by majic

2) i don\'t know when PiCASSO logged in last BUT i know he hasn\'t posted since Nov 11, 2005 (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/search.php?perpage=20&sortby=dateline&sort=DESC&q= &qauthor=picasso&forums%5B%5D=all&matchmessage=1&a ction=display) not eveyone is here daily or checks their messages every 5 minutes (Cardinal Fang and myself excluded) :D

I feel I need step in here to save whatever is left of my reputation. The only reason why I check my PM box every 5 minutes is because majic likes to fill it up with one word PMs forming a giant sentence. He does this because:

1. It pisses me off.
2. When my box is full it doesn\'t permit me to actually get useful PMs from other members.
3. See No. 1.
4. I receive messages from the server that my PM box needs to be cleared out which leads to No. 1 again.

I just didn\'t want you all to think I\'m a gheek.

</Is a gheek>

Carry on.....

Perthguy
11-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by majic you\'ve failed to mention which trim you have (Neo, Maxx, Maxx Sport, SP23) as the Neo has a \'lower\' grade upholstery

Maxx

some of us are unhappy with the fuel economy, crappy tires, shitty wipers, weak A/C.. etc etc..

I guess I\'m in the \"etc etc\" camp ;)

No, really, the buzzing sound from my tranny is actually TOTALLY unacceptable, but can probably be fixed with a tranny change. When that\'s done, I\'ll have little to complain about and I\'ll lapse into silence, probably.

you older folk who have experienced quality perhaps luxury vehicles are complaining about econoboxes - just remember you get what you pay for.

Nah ... I paid just a few thousand more for my Holdens and Camry, and had not one problem with them.

was the yaris tested by 50+yo? How reliable are their findings?

That\'s very true. I\'d like a week to test these new vehicles before buying, and even then there\'s still a chance I\'ll get a dud with a humming, misaligned or badly finished transmission or some other flaw. D\'oh!

...the politicians and get them to introduce lemon laws.

Given the way Australia is, I cannot understand why lemon laws don\'t exist already. But even if they did, I\'d probably not be able to invoke them in my circumstances. You need a long history of problems and have the car in with the dealer for a long time before you become eligible to invoke them.

bottom line is, there seems to be more praise for the mazda3 than there are complaints.

Yes, but that\'s the same with so many things, like Microsoft Windows and M$IE, both of which techies know are really crap. The average Joe loves \'em though. I guess I\'m saying that general acclaim can be misleading, especially if there are a lot of dud vehicles getting through the quality control process.

Good luck with your quest and let us know what the dealership/Mazda Australia can do for you.

Definitely will do.

If you are to get into a heated debate with someone, do it over a PM please.

I\'m happy to avoid heated debate, although you\'ll find that as long as pejoratives are avoided, most people love reading a good heated debate. :D

Whos ur dadd
11-30-2005, 04:59 PM

I feel I need step in here to save whatever is left of my reputation.

Don\'t flatter yourself, honey.

Cardinal Fang
11-30-2005, 05:58 PM
See what I mean?

akherad
12-01-2005, 12:11 PM
From Perthguy: Yes, but that\'s the same with so many things, like Microsoft Windows and M$IE, both of which techies know are really crap. The average Joe loves \'em though. I guess I\'m saying that general acclaim can be misleading, especially if there are a lot of dud vehicles getting through the quality control process.

oopsss, Sorry, I have to jump in here. It\'s a bad example. I\'m a Senior Software Developer and I have worked 12 years in this area. I have developed software for Linux, Solaris, Windows, ... Almost everything. Must disagree with you. I can write a book about this example you gave, but it\'s M3 forum not MSIE or Windows Forum. We may talk about it later.

However even if you\'re right abot the Windows example, (which I should say you\'re not), then it doesn\'t change anything. IMO, Mazda3 targets entry level. What I mean here is that we want to have a econobox with specified price range. That\'s it. If i want to buy a Cadilac or M-Benz or BMW or Lexus or ... to have a better quality car then I have to pay more. Even a Camy costs me more. if you think that general acclaim can be misleading, then you\'re wong to pick an econobox if you believe you\'re one of techies in car industry. you had to pick something more specific (not general).

Anyhow, I ust wanted to put my 2 cents here.

Perthguy
12-01-2005, 12:44 PM
If you think Windows or MSIE are good, solid products, well, haha, ok, good for you ;)

IMO, Mazda3 targets entry level. What I mean here is that we want to have a econobox with specified price range.

In my opinion, it\'s a step above entry level. I paid almost as much as I paid for a Camry. If I wanted a little entry level econobox, I could have paid AUD$5K - 10K less.

Anyway, guys, you\'ll be surprised to hear that the dealer has now had my car for A FULL WEEK. I called them yesterday but the Service Manager was unavailable. No doubt I\'ll have some news later today ...

Cardinal Fang
12-01-2005, 12:50 PM
1. Please keep us posted.
2. Drive the crap out of the Mazda 2

TheProfessor
12-01-2005, 01:12 PM
I paid almost as much as I paid for a Camry.

Are you referring to your \'97 Camry, because if so didn\'t you buy it like nine years ago? If that\'s the case, it\'s not exactly fair to compare the price of a car nine years ago to one today. What\'s the current selling price of a similarly equipped Camry in Australia?

akherad
12-01-2005, 02:25 PM

2. Drive the crap out of the Mazda 2

Do it.:D

Originally posted by PSIVIC

I paid almost as much as I paid for a Camry.

Are you referring to your \'97 Camry, because if so didn\'t you buy it like nine years ago? If that\'s the case, it\'s not exactly fair to compare the price of a car nine years ago to one today. What\'s the current selling price of a similarly equipped Camry in Australia?

Camry is more expensive (at least in Canada). By the way, you\'re nt comparing the price of a fully loaded Mazda3 with price of a Basic Camry? do you?

Perthguy
12-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by akheradCamry is more expensive (at least in Canada). By the way, you\'re nt comparing the price of a fully loaded Mazda3 with price of a Basic Camry? do you?

Only thing that the M3 has that the Camry didn\'t is extra airbags. The price is not identical but not too far off (coupla K, I think).

Still waiting for the dealer to call. What\'s taking them so long? Hope they haven\'t pranged the car ...

SABIO
12-01-2005, 07:30 PM
heheh LOL

LOL

LOL

Don\'t you guys get it??? You fell into his trap...

A lonely old guy from down under.... starts a thread in any forum he can find... gets peoples goats... and has fun replying day after day...

Thread is only a few days old but has over a 100 posts and over a thousand views. This is what he does to keep himself entertained week after week.

Just ignore it... and it will all go away

Perthguy
12-01-2005, 08:29 PM
SABIO, you win a$$hole of the week award. Congrats.

Dealer finally called, says:

1) Seats will be replaced with newer materials, when they are made available by Mazda. He\'s having a meeting soon about it with them.

2) Tranny sound - they heard it, changed tranny oil, sound still there, took out a demo car, sound there too, so they now say sound is normal, and I am welcome to test demo car to see. I think I shall do that, just to make sure. Manager mentioned \"resonance\" and \"engine mounts\" and \"dampers\" ... I know I heard on another forum that the 6 also had similar problems that were solved with more expensive dampers. The 3 does not warrant the extra cost apparently .. not sure if I believe all this. Still worried because there is another guy posting on another board who had the same problem go away completely with a new transmission.

3) He says I can speak to the dealership manager about swapping to a Mazda2. I may do that, but I\'m a bit worried I\'ll lose too many dollars in the changeover.

4) Hesitation during acceleration: they could not replicate it. Others have said that the little jumps/hiccups during acceleration have something to do with where the different valve timings kick in. I dunno. Never had it in my others cars.

5) Cheap carpets, thin paint etc. were not discussed. I guess it\'s a case of suck it up, no point in complaining about this to a dealer. \"Econobox\" springs to mind once again.

6) Bad cruise control installation completely redone. We\'ll see.

Updates to follow. Getting the car back today.

Perthguy
12-02-2005, 12:29 AM
Got the car back, seems the same as when I sent it in.

Yes, tranny sound is common ... I\'m surprised more people here don\'t notice it. It\'s hard to hear on rough road surfaces, so maybe that\'s what you have in Canada?

As for the rest, meh, I\'m too tired to keep worrying about it all. It\'s got a 3-yr warranty, so I\'ll sell it after 3 years. Whaddayagonnado, eh?

SABIO
12-02-2005, 04:30 AM

Sorry, not gonna play your game.

Good, You\'re problems are solved. Goodbye.

Perthguy
12-02-2005, 05:35 AM
<ignoring el stupido>

Any updates to my situation can be found at http://www.geocities.com/mymazdasux/

JokersMaz3
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
ITS EASY.. .you don\'t like it sell it
You sell it, then you have no reason to be talking on TM3.
Go buy a new car.

You would think being 50 years old and owning many cars you might be smart about it.

Apparently I’m beginning to doubt with age comes wisdom

I’m only 23 years old and i know if i don\'t like something, I get rid of it and buy what i want. I don\'t sulk like a baby and try to bring others WHO DO like what they have down.

Perthguy
12-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by JokersMaz3
I’m only 23 years old and i know if i don\'t like something, I get rid of it and buy what i want.

Apparently at your tender age, you have neither courtesy nor wit. Let an old man help you out, grasshopper. Selling a car soon after buying it is a sure-fire way of losing a lot of money. The beating you take in depreciation the moment you drive the car off the show room floor can be 10-15%... that adds up to thousands of dollars.

\"A fool and his money are soon parted.\"

SourcE
12-06-2005, 10:19 AM
What\'s with all the hard feelings on this thread?

perth_guy is just expressing his opinions and experiences, if you don\'t like it don\'t read it and STFU, it\'s not like he\'s thread crapping anywhere else.

JokersMaz3
12-06-2005, 07:38 PM

Sorry, not gonna play your game.

Good, You\'re problems are solved. Goodbye.

Reason i say what i say is because this guy insults first. Call it first blood.

Originally posted by SourcE

What\'s with all the hard feelings on this thread?

perth_guy is just expressing his opinions and experiences, if you don\'t like it don\'t read it and STFU, it\'s not like he\'s thread crapping anywhere else.

If his opinion is ok to express then why isn\'t mine. Foo

I’m only 23 years old and i know if i don\'t like something, I get rid of it and buy what i want.

Apparently at your tender age, you have neither courtesy nor wit. Let an old man help you out, grasshopper. Selling a car soon after buying it is a sure-fire way of losing a lot of money. The beating you take in depreciation the moment you drive the car off the show room floor can be 10-15%... that adds up to thousands of dollars.

\"A fool and his money are soon parted.\"

Id rather be enjoying my life with the things i want, instead of crying and whinning till the age of 50

\"If money be not thy servant, it will be thy master. The covetous man cannot so properly be said to possess wealth, as that may be said to possess him.\"

Burn

Perthguy
12-06-2005, 11:36 PM
Many of these comments are simply ad hominem attacks on me for daring to voice a contrary opinion. I won\'t dignify them with further replies. If anyone else has something germane to the topic to add, I\'ll respond, but otherwise I\'ll sit on my hands while the children play.

SourcE
12-07-2005, 12:34 AM

If his opinion is ok to express then why isn\'t mine. Foo

Burn

I never said you couldn\'t, Foo

I mearly wondered why we were insulting the guy.

Spyder01
12-07-2005, 02:04 AM
Its not really insulting him...maybe because of his age, or location...we are having a barrier...I guess different pplz take it differently...maybe his choice of words are wrong?...cause if someone tells me...
\"Apparently at your tender age, you have neither courtesy nor wit. Let an old man help you out, grasshopper.\"
when i offer advice on the problem. I find that offensive(even when its not directed at me)...its not even about mazda anymore...

im in no way trying to stir sh*t up again...just read part of the thread and thought that this thread isn\'t even about the guy\'s mazda problems anymore...its just turning into an argument thread...

BTW, Perth. With your extreme hate for Mazda right now, I must also agree that you should sell your car a buy a new one. YES, you will lose money...not sure how much value the 3 hold over there but it just seems to be the best option for you right now in my opinion. Its pretty ovious that your dealership will not give you a free transmission. Why spend all your time hating the brand and be all mad about it? At your age, you should be enjoying yourself. If you have low milage on your car, 10k km or less, you should be able to sell it at an acceptable price (around 20% off what you brought MAX). Think about it, if you continue to drive it with all these problems you say you are having, then its just going to make you madder and madder right? Even if you drive the car until the warrenty void, the value of the car would continue to go down...I don\'t really see it as a loss for you if you sell now compared to if you drive it for a few years before selling it considering the hate you have for mazda right now...

Whos ur dadd
12-07-2005, 09:17 AM
I viewed this thread as a personal attempt by the poster to embarass or extort Mazda into buying back his car.

Regardless, pot shots by TM3 members and the poster make good reading for a boring day at work.

JokersMaz3
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM

Many of these comments are simply ad hominem attacks on me for daring to voice a contrary opinion. I won\'t dignify them with further replies. If anyone else has something germane to the topic to add, I\'ll respond, but otherwise I\'ll sit on my hands while the children play.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

Relax Fraiser Crane

cough cough.. laughing to hard

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...

Thats all you got man. Open up the dictionary and read some more words. Read as many as you like.

Score a point for HAPPY Mazda owners.

NOW its officially over. I will stop responding to you Perth. Ill be the bigger man and walk away. So prove me right and reply. Check and Mate.

ds2chan
12-07-2005, 06:23 PM
man, I don\'t see the problem.. I say just let him biatch about his car.. it\'s happening to his car and not ours.. if he doesn\'t like his car then so be it.. he uses the thread he created as an outlet.. sure, we can put in our two cents but don\'t bite his head off cuz he wants to biatch about how the 3 didn\'t live up to his expectations..

we may not be seeing the problems but he is.. he spent a lot of money on the 3 and he expects it to run a certain way.. again, so be it.. let him deal with his dealership and Mazda and see what happens.. who knows, we may encounter stuff like this down the road and would want to see how Mazda fixed his problems..

ok, there\'s my 2 cents.. please don\'t jump on me all at once.. :)

Simkins
12-07-2005, 07:08 PM

man, I don\'t see the problem.. I say just let him biatch about his car.. it\'s happening to his car and not ours.. if he doesn\'t like his car then so be it.. he uses the thread he created as an outlet.. sure, we can put in our two cents but don\'t bite his head off cuz he wants to biatch about how the 3 didn\'t live up to his expectations..

we may not be seeing the problems but he is.. he spent a lot of money on the 3 and he expects it to run a certain way.. again, so be it.. let him deal with his dealership and Mazda and see what happens.. who knows, we may encounter stuff like this down the road and would want to see how Mazda fixed his problems..

ok, there\'s my 2 cents.. please don\'t jump on me all at once.. :)

Congrats, it’s nice to see someone give an informative opinion. Watch out though the \"mazda fanboys\" might not like you for saying that and me for agreeing with you.

Zaku_4
12-12-2005, 01:19 AM
hmm,

i read the last page.

my exam is tmrw at 7:30, god damn economics...

\"to be efficient no resources can be idle. for maximum efficiency:

(productive)
1. should be producing at the lowest cost possible
2. MC of production should be the same in/as the industry
...\"

EDIT: ok i didnt read all of the last page, just wanna be honest lol. up goes the post count!

Perthguy
02-20-2006, 05:10 AM
Story ends here. Thanks for all your comments. I hope you all have better experiences with your Mazda3 than I did. This whole saga has left a bad taste in my mouth and made me wary of buying another new car with parts sourced in cheap-ass holes like China and Turkmenistan. Mazda is assembled in Japan but made all over the world and the cheapest supplier gets the contract.

Summary of my situation is here:
http://geocities.com/mymazdasux/

Anyway, goodbye and good luck (sorry, won\'t be back to answer questions).

TheProfessor
02-20-2006, 08:24 AM
Mazda is assembled in Japan but made all over the world and the cheapest supplier gets the contract.

Not that you\'re gonna answer this, but in case you come back....do you think Mazda is the only car company, let alone any type of company, in the world to do this :sarc

Cardinal Fang
02-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Stop bumping this thread guys.

Oh crap!

Whos ur dadd
02-22-2006, 05:43 PM

since he wants to have the last word and probably won\'t come back here, send your best wishes (or spam) to perthguy at this address :D

he will surely feel the love :)

what happens if you visit say an xxx site and enter in said e-mail address when it prompts you for free daily porn?

Bump for a dink.

Cardinal Fang
02-22-2006, 05:47 PM
Way ahead of you Whos ur dadd. I hope he likes midget porn.

billyfo
02-22-2006, 11:05 PM
while this guy is away, I would like to join in and play:p , he seems like some of our customer paying $10 for the product but want $1000 for quality, if really we could, I would hate we don\'t have standard heated seat while Accent has it, no heated steering wheel (too cold for winter day) so I would like to have refund for my 50,000km new car:D :hoho

Fuman
03-03-2006, 10:22 PM

since he wants to have the last word and probably won\'t come back here, send your best wishes (or spam) to perthguy at this address :D

he will surely feel the love :)

what happens if you visit say an xxx site and enter in said e-mail address when it prompts you for free daily porn?

Bump for a dink.
LOL, EVILLLLL... but I like it... :p

FLIPDADY
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
This stupid thread is still open?

TheProfessor
03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Yes it is, why don\'t you do some moderating and lock it already :p

FLIPDADY
03-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Okay then I won\'t give Perthguy the satisfaction of having such a long thread.:p

Locked!!!