PDA

View Full Version : Variable temp heated seat

AXCL
12-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Has anyone tried to convert the OEM 06\' heated seats to be variable temp. They are burning my A$$ off. If not, anyone know where I can get the wiring diagram to look at. If there is no relay and it all current goes through the on/off switch I think it can be easily done.

Ex-Rolla
12-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by AXCL

Has anyone tried to convert the OEM 06\' heated seats to be variable temp. They are burning my A$$ off. If not, anyone know where I can get the wiring diagram to look at. If there is no relay and it all current goes through the on/off switch I think it can be easily done.

Limited information can be found here (http://www.midwestcarclub.com/mazda/manual/)

Select Workshop manual, then click on Body & Accessories, then Seats... you should be able to find your way from there ;)

Edit: Spelling and link

Caz
12-06-2005, 12:10 PM
I had heated seats in my prelude with low and high settings. I would just turn them off when the seat was warm. Even on low they would get too hot after they were on for a while. Just turn the heat off went the leather heats up and save yourself the time and money.

Whos ur dadd
12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
I\'d love to know the solution, if there is one.

My Mazda6 has two settings: Off and Roasted Testicles.

AXCL
12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Caz
Just turn the heat off went the leather heats up and save yourself the time and money.

I don\'t just use it to get warm, I find a little heat helps keep my back from aching on long drives.

My friends Jetta has a 1 to 6 heat setting. Thats what I\'d really like to do.:)