PDA

View Full Version : Problems, how and where to fix...

Simkins
12-11-2005, 02:14 PM
I have had my Mazda 3 for around 5 - 6 months, i really like the car but recently I am having a few problems with it. I took the car to Ajax Mazda (where I bought it... oops) and they don\'t feel the need to do anything about it.

Problems,

Clutch noise, passanger door rattles, driver door rattles, under passanger side dash rattles, glovebox rattle, the wipers are horrible and make a rattle noise near the front of the dash, my driver side mirror has warped and the one final problem that really gets to me, sometimes (3 / 10times when I get into my car, I get a weird squeeking sound (like springs compressing) is this normal? or is there something wrong...?

Now I do understand some of these are small problems, but, the rattles are really starting to drive me insane and lets keep in mind that its only 6 months old.

Should I take the car back to Ajax Mazda, or should I find a new dealer? (I would probably perfer to find a new dealer for my regular service visits as when I bought the car from Ajax Mazda it was aggreed that I would receive my first 3 oil changes for free. When I took it in for its 8000km service, the bill was 72.23? (Apparently that is with the discount for the oil change)???

Please reply with some suggestions, thank you.

Andrew

P.S. - I have been sort of anti Mazda / Mazda 3 on here for the last week or so, I appoligize, I just want to get all fixed up and like my car again.

Redhouse
12-11-2005, 04:21 PM
there is a tsb for front door rattles 09-009/05
http://web2.iadfw.net/theman/protegefaq/tsb/09-009-05.html
vins lower than jmz bk**** ** 275577

i notice more creaks etc due to temperature differences in the parts. I\'m thinking of seeing if oiling some parts lightly will help or not.

RedRaptor
12-11-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Simkins
Now I do understand some of these are small problems, but, the rattles are really starting to drive me insane and lets keep in mind that its only 6 months old.

P.S. - I have been sort of anti Mazda / Mazda 3 on here for the last week or so, I appoligize, I just want to get all fixed up and like my car again.

I know how you feel about being anti Mazda/Mazda3 for a bit. I was the same way when I had all these rattles in the car as well and it bugged me to the point where I would consider trading the car in. :(

I took my car to Mazda of Toronto for the rattling issues (glovebox rattle and passenger side door rattle) and they fixed both issues. The glovebox was replaced with a new one and for the passenger side door, they replaced the lower door kit.

So far so good, the rattles are gone even with the colder temperatures these few days. :)

Red.

Simkins
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

Originally posted by Simkins

I know how you feel about being anti Mazda/Mazda3 for a bit. I was the same way when I had all these rattles in the car as well and it bugged me to the point where I would consider trading the car in. :(

I took my car to Mazda of Toronto for the rattling issues (glovebox rattle and passenger side door rattle) and they fixed both issues. The glovebox was replaced with a new one and for the passenger side door, they replaced the lower door kit.

So far so good, the rattles are gone even with the colder temperatures these few days. :)

Red.

Thanks for being understanding, I was ready to trade in last week for a 2006 Honda Civic (what was I thinking...) I think I might swing by Mazda of Toronto for my servicing now, its a bit out of the way but Ajax Mazda is horrible.

MAZDA Kitten
12-11-2005, 08:28 PM
My door rattle was fixed after like 8 months of ownining the car (and complaining every time the car went in for servicing till I found the TSB).

Clutch noise was fixed; whole pedal assembly is replaced (Look for \"SQUEAKY CLUTCH PEDAL\" or something) I believe there is a TSB on this as well