PDA

View Full Version : Potential Club Name Change

Xenon
12-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Use this thread to discuss the possibility of a name change.

Broli
01-01-2006, 01:09 AM
i say no name change!

unless it is really good!!!

TheProfessor
01-01-2006, 04:48 AM
I also say no name change.....the majority of our members are from the GTA, and a few from outside of that area should not influence our name. If that were the case, I believe Dioxvad (sorry, can\'t remember the exact screen name) is from Texas.....are we gonna include that State too?

TM3 is just fine the way it is.

billyfo
01-01-2006, 10:21 AM
many ppl outside TO think Toronto is the main name of the cities around Toronto, such as Missasauga, Markham, R. Hill, etc. you name it, so why change:p

teambedlam
01-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I say no name change. Like come on, why should i have to buy new stickers for my car!

bluntman
01-01-2006, 12:14 PM
I\'d say leave the name alone, just change the logo.

Indusbreed
01-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Stick with the one we have now.

\"\"Happy New Year to you all\"\"

KenYork
01-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I vote no name change. TM3 makes it easy for possible new member to find. and how many of you just typed \"toronto mazda3\"?.

MazdaTree
01-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I vote NO CHANGE aswell:)

Broli
01-01-2006, 02:51 PM
i would say this is pretty conclusive evidence
that we are happy with our name!

there can be divisions

like central and extended or something

ie. if in toronto - central

if out of toronto - extended (or some other name)

but TM3 should remain the name!!!

malam
01-01-2006, 05:04 PM
The present name does not exclude any member from anywhere. The name is an indication of the roots of the club and also where the majority of the founding members as well as current members are from. This includes the area around the city as well. I\'ll say leave it alone - its part of the clubs\' proud heritage !

Mica3SGT
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree with malam, broli, ken york and all the rest- Toronto speaks to the general area that most members live near - so lets leave it as TM3 and we won\'t have to change decals/website and can concentrate on a cool logo:)

Upyerkilt
01-01-2006, 10:24 PM
I say keep it as it is!

when most of us are out of the Province and people ask \"where are you from?\" I bet almost everyone says \"Toronto\" It\'s easier and less confusing that way!

Cardinal Fang
01-02-2006, 08:34 AM
\"Change is good Donkey.\"

What about \"The Mazda 3 Conclave?\"

;)

I like TM3 myself.

ds2chan
01-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I like TM3.. I say no need for a name change.. like billyfo said, a lot of people refer to the surrounding areas as Toronto anyways..

SIM SIMMA
01-02-2006, 08:38 PM
The name was what helped me find this forum in the first place.

TM3 is good.

chaser
01-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Stick with TM3

wtom
01-03-2006, 04:01 PM
If Toronto Mazda3 changes to something else, we might as well call Canada the USA.

majic
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
guys guys.. (and gals)

give this poor chap (xenon) a break.. he realized he hadn\'t posted in a while.. had a mental lapse and read somewhere \"oooh oooh.. 2 people want a name change.. maybe everyone else does too\".. then quickly posted this (while being on vacation.. oh wait i thought he had no access to PC/net :sarc) to see who would back him.. looks like you\'ve got nobody who wants a name change..

so i say..

http://www.nolledge.com/pictures/reject.gif

the name change.. oh yah.. a poll would have been nicer instead of tabulating all the answers by hand.. then again.. when everyone is FOR keeping the name it\'s kinda easy :sarc

*patiently waits for mit-gee-mui\'s response*

mit-gee-mui
01-03-2006, 04:27 PM
*patiently waits for mit-gee-mui\'s response*

how did i know that you would put something there regarding me at the end!?!?!:sarc

give this poor chap (xenon) a break..

yeah, seriously, give him a break.... why are you being \"nicer\" all of a sudden!?!?!

it\'s not that he doesn\'t have internet access... but it costs an arm and a leg to use it...

if you\'re looking for anything \"big\" in terms of a response, i don\'t really have anything more to say...:p

Broli
01-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by mit-gee-mui

yeah, seriously, give him a break.... why are you being \"nicer\" all of a sudden!?!?!

i don\'t think majic was being nice . . .

(were u being nice dude?????)

majic
01-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Broli

Originally posted by mit-gee-mui

i don\'t think majic was being nice . . .

(were u being nice dude?????)

i wasn\'t trying to be nice.. i appologize if i came across that way :D lol.. i think some people just don\'t get <this> (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm) ;)

and yah.. i just wanted to see how fast MGM can reply.. that\'s all.. as for the net being arm and a leg.. the point is he paid that arm to post this stupid \'poll\'

so yah.. anyone FOR changing the name ??? cuz it\'s kinda boring when there\'s no heated debate..

Broli.. sit tight.. we don\'t need no lip from you.. or that faNg that keeps sticking his nose in everyone else\'s business ;)

mit-gee-mui
01-03-2006, 04:55 PM
and yah.. i just wanted to see how fast MGM can reply.. that\'s all..

i am here quite often.... i just don\'t always feel the need to post something....

i think some people just don\'t get <this>

yeah, i\'m HORRIBLE at deciphering sarcasm... if you told me pigs could fly, i\'d believe you...
:hoho

cuz it\'s kinda boring when there\'s no heated debate..

want to start another one!?!?! HAHAHA:sarc

Edit: this time, i won\'t take it to heart:p

SW20 MR2
01-08-2006, 11:14 PM
IMO, who cares what the name is? You could call it the Bunch-of-car-geeks-in-Toronto-and-Southern-Ontario-who-own-Mazda3s.com if you want. I could care less. The only thing I care about is being able to communicate with fellow \"local\" MZ3 owners.