PDA

View Full Version : Nice white fogs.....

tommy36
01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
I\'m looking for a nice set of foglight bulbs to match my stocks xenons, but good lasting as well. I have the Piaas and they were expensive , and are great but I\'m looking for something whiter. Any options?

TheProfessor
01-05-2006, 08:11 AM
I would recommend to stick with the PIAA brand but go with a more extreme white.

///M
01-05-2006, 08:31 AM
HID fogs. :p

tommy36
01-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Where can i get them and how much autoexe. PS is that what you have?

wtom
01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by tommy36

Where can i get them and how much autoexe. PS is that what you have?

Just purchase a HID kit of H11 base. autoexe got the 6000K Xtec HID kit installed as his fogs (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=1623).

mEtH
01-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Just find a set of blue coated bulbs. In order to find a perfect match you are just going to have to test. Those PIAAs are so dang expensive to last barely a year. Well their fogs though so they will last longer. but still for a set of bulbs. I don\'t see how they\'re worth it. They claim longer life but everyone I know had them blow before a year as their low beams.

TheProfessor
01-06-2006, 08:24 AM
My PIAA\'s lasted well over two years before I switched to HID\'s (both driving lights and fog\'s). They\'re still in my closet, I would love to pull em out and see if they still work after a couple of moves and four years in storage :p

Broli
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
my friends PIAAs lasted less then a year
and died

same with everyone i know who has had em
excpet one guys, his were ripped from his bumper a week after getting em

maybe u just got lucky psivic

all as headlights
except my friend who got jacked, they were fogs

TheProfessor
01-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Well, the last set of PIAA\'s I bought was years and years ago.....perhaps their quality has gone downhill since then?

mEtH
01-07-2006, 03:18 PM
haha if thats the case, then that was one STEEP slope.

SwooshICE
01-07-2006, 11:21 PM
my friend had a pair of piaa lasting 2.5 years..then they both burnt out within one week of each other.

Junior
01-08-2006, 01:57 AM
jus the luck of the draw with bulbs, no matter who makes em.

other elements need to be looked at for really undertanding how some burn out quicker than others. electrical, stereo, other electronics connected the vehicle cause the headlighting system to dim and lose current may cause premature wear on bulbs.

and a friend of a friends sister\'s first cousins stepfather\'s third wive\'s pastor mentioned to me once that eurolite and PIAA\'s, and maybe a few others use components from the same source... you may just be paying for NAME BRANDS. piaa\'s are like a bill a pair, and the eurolites are like 40 the pair, and just maybe, the eurolites MAY outdo the PIAA\'s, there\'s a reason ...:hoho

take it as hear say, and I aint no expert, so I cannot comment further.. good day!

tommy36
01-10-2006, 09:04 PM
I have to admit that the piaa\'s have been very good to me, and actually i had a good look at them yesterday night and they don\'t look that bad with the xenon headlights. So i\'m not going to worry about them right now, i want too many things, but first i want a progress sway bar.....i need performance not visual.....:D

Kausty
01-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I too am considering some new bulbs for my fogs, the stock color just doesnt work for me now that i have a set of 6k where my low beams are now. Maybe a set of 5k in the fog lamp area...wonder how that would look...don\'t really feel like getting the exact same thing in fog and lowbeam.