PDA

View Full Version : Slotted Rotor Group buy Interest

Mayhem
01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Just curious to see how many people would be interested in a group buy for the following:

Rotora Slotted Rotors (http://www.rotora.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/shophome.html?E+scstore)

I know a company that can get them and I was thinking of seeing if they would give a group buy price.

I figure a poll is the easiest way of keeping track of how many people would be interested.

whodilly
01-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Is it just me or is the Mazda3 not listed in the application?

Would be interested though... didn\'t autoexe get these?

Kevin@nextmod
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I\'d be interested but really depends on the price.

MajesticBlueNTO
01-05-2006, 02:16 PM
if you can get it for less than the $US Crossover Auto wants, then i\'m in (2.3L Fronts only)

Sedan (http://members.aol.com/crossoverauto/mazda3-2.htm)

Sport (http://members.aol.com/crossoverauto/mazda3wagon2.htm)

jdanielsg
01-05-2006, 02:23 PM
questions:

slotted and cross drilled/slotted any diff for snow canadian applications?

So the max for the cross drilled ones r 135 US thats what 170 CAD? Anyone have any idea how much OEM ones are? new from Mazda

RedRaptor
01-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jdanielsg
questions:

So the max for the cross drilled ones r 135 US thats what 170 CAD? Anyone have any idea how much OEM ones are? new from Mazda

I think you should get these over the OEM ones. We will all be waiting for the thread where you blame another accident of yours on yet another quality product. Last year it was Nokian tires and this year it\'ll be these rotors.

MajesticBlueNTO
01-05-2006, 02:34 PM

questions:

do a search...there are MANY topics on the internet regarding slotted vs. cross drilled. here\'s one from m3f (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=20544.0)

as for finding out the cost of OEM ones...do some of your own research and CALL A DEALERSHIP.

jdanielsg
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by RedRaptor

questions:

I think you should get these over the OEM ones. We will all be waiting for the thread where you blame another accident of yours on yet another quality product. Last year it was Nokian tires and this year it\'ll be these rotors.

i wonder when you will stop being a a bitch...so according to your warped reasoning I am supposed to be blamed for the tires blowing? If you dunt like me thats fine and as the result if you want to insult everyones intelligence by saying I caused the tires to blow i guess thats fine too... and again do find something else to do other than responding to my post.. I dunt respond to yours you dunt respond to mine go do somethign else..

and pls get your facts straight.... the nokians blew on me on Monday thats this year.... and if you dunt know how to read... the hitting the curb thing which you keep refering to.. I didnt blame that on anything.....thats a whole other story and that happened in November.

jdanielsg
01-05-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

questions:

do a search...there are MANY topics on the internet regarding slotted vs. cross drilled. here\'s one from m3f (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=20544.0)

as for finding out the cost of OEM ones...do some of your own research and CALL A DEALERSHIP.

Thanks for the link.....and yes I would call up the delearship I was just wondering if someone here had some off hand info :)

Mayhem
01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Right now I\'ve been quoted the following for the 2.3L

Front: $172 cdn each
Rear: $115 cdn each

The company is in Mississauga. Crossoverauto.com is in the states and autoexe told me he got hit bad with customs charges.

These prices are also what he quoted me for a single purchase. I\'ll call and ask what a group buy price might be.

OEM Rotors for the 2.3l are

Front: $101.51
Rear: $78.47

Zaku_4
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
man

cross drilled rotors are so sexy. lol anyways wow i never knew they sucked soo much ass -minus the porsche ones, but hey i guess it justifies that cars price =D

lol ill just stick wiht my regular disc, they are already larger than most econoboxes and have been doing well for me, though i did replace all 4 rotors and 4 pads not to long ago lol. in fact the count should be:

4 front rotors
2 rear rotors

2 front pads
2 rear pads

lol

billyfo
01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
add me to the list, thanks

Caz
01-05-2006, 05:38 PM

and again do find something else to do other than responding to my post.. I dunt respond to yours you dunt respond to mine go do somethign else..

I would just like to point this out. I believe you just responded to his post.
You broke you own rule by posting. It is like complaining about complainers.

jdanielsg
01-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Caz

and again do find something else to do other than responding to my post.. I dunt respond to yours you dunt respond to mine go do somethign else..

I would just like to point this out. I believe you just responded to his post.
You broke you own rule by posting. It is like complaining about complainers.

I will not sit around while he pushes me around :) That is the only reason why I respond.

jdanielsg
01-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mayhem

Right now I\'ve been quoted the following for the 2.3L

Front: $172 cdn each
Rear: $115 cdn each

The company is in Mississauga. Crossoverauto.com is in the states and autoexe told me he got hit bad with customs charges.

These prices are also what he quoted me for a single purchase. I\'ll call and ask what a group buy price might be.

OEM Rotors for the 2.3l are

Front: $101.51
Rear: $78.47

oooh thanks for the info. Ok so they are not much more expensive then. Are those prices before or after taxes for the after market ones.

Mayhem
01-06-2006, 09:49 AM
The prices are all before taxes for both the OEM and aftermarket. I\'m going to try and call the company today over lunch (my boss frowns on non-work related phone calls during work hours :D ).

SW20 MR2
01-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Unless you are doing the rotors for cosmetic reasons or track your car a lot, slotted/drilled rotors will do nothing except lighten your wallet through increased pad wear and higher price of rotors. IMO, get some good pads (ie. Hawk HPS) and call it a day.

Mayhem
01-06-2006, 01:44 PM
I\'m doing it because my old rotors are warped to hell after 25,000 kms. I\'ve heard of other people on the forum having the same problem. I really don\'t want to replace them with FoMoCo rotors and have the same problem again and the Rotora\'s are supposed to be able to handle higher heat (which to me means less warpage).

Mayhem
01-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Okay.....here would be the group buy price

For the 2.3L Front Rotors:

$154 with only one tax applied (7% instead of 15%)

So it would be $164.78 Cdn tax in for each rotor
$329.56 cdnfor a front set taxin.

This is for the 2.3L Front

If anyone with the 2.0L is interested I need to get an approximate number of people who would be interested and he can give me a price.

If people are interested in rotors for the rear as well, give me an approximate number of people interested.

whodilly
01-07-2006, 06:34 PM
When do you plan on doing this?

Cash is tight this month... damn Christmas! oh wait... I spent all my money on myself:D

ds2chan
01-08-2006, 12:44 AM
I\'m not interested but perhaps a mod should move this to the group buy section or just start a new thread in the group buy section and put a link to this thread so more people can find it..

Mayhem
01-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I would like to do this as soon ASAP. I\'ll start a new thread in the group buy section shortly. What we need to figure out is how people will pay for it. The place that will be getting the rotors is tunersport in Mississauga. They have a website www.tunersport.com if you want to check it out.

Once the orders are placed, it takes a week for them to get the rotors in. So, what I\'m thinking is we get a list of everyone who wants a set. If everyone has a credit card, then they can just pay tunersport directly. Then we just have to figure out how to get the rotors to everyone. Either one of us picks them up and delivers them to people at a future group meeting, or people pick them up themselves from tunersport directly. Post what you think and if you have a better idea. Once it\'s ironed out, we can start on getting the list of people who are interested.

majic
01-09-2006, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by whodilly

Cash is tight this month...

don\'t use cash then ;) use your credit card and you\'ll pay next month :D

thekid
01-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by SW20 MR2

Unless you are doing the rotors for cosmetic reasons or track your car a lot, slotted/drilled rotors will do nothing except lighten your wallet through increased pad wear and higher price of rotors. IMO, get some good pads (ie. Hawk HPS) and call it a day.

You\'re comment about accelerated wear is in large part a big misconception... the accelerated pad wear on cross drilled/slotted rotors might amount to 1-2% faster. Most of the time when people think their pads are wearing out faster when using these rotors is because they also changed brake pad compounds at the same time.

Cross drilled rotors are generally a big no no for cars that are tracked, you are reducing your braking surface and any cooling benefits are outweighted by the loss of surface area. Crossed drilled rotors are also more prone to cracking under the stresses of track use. My rotor of choice for the track would be a high quality blank rotors. Slotted ones can also be safely used on the track.

Mayhem
01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Okay.....question for everyone.

How would you like to pickup your rotors. Shipping to everyone would be too expensive for the distance. I think the best option is that people pick up the rotors from tunersport directly if they can. We can find another option for people who can\'t pick them up at all. If anyone has any other concerns, feel free to PM me as well.

Mayhem
01-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Okay.....I went ahead and started a group buy thread in the group buy section. You can check it out here:

Slotted Rotors Group Buy Thread (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=4740&page=1)

SABIO
01-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by SW20 MR2
Unless you are doing the rotors for cosmetic reasons or track your car a lot, slotted/drilled rotors will do nothing except lighten your wallet.

Isn\'t just about every mod or alteration done for cosmetic reasons...... :)

whodilly
01-10-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by majic

Damn I didn\'t think of that... wait... ummm... DAMN why did you have to mention that!

Soo tempted but i\'ve got HIDs planned.

majic
01-11-2006, 12:22 AM

Damn I didn\'t think of that... wait... ummm... DAMN why did you have to mention that!

you surely have over $500 limit :p *soooo evil* :D

SABIO
01-11-2006, 01:22 PM

How about an Exhuast???

whodilly
01-11-2006, 05:17 PM
oh yeah... that too. lol

That is if it\'s a good price ;)