PDA

View Full Version : Just curious..

Pogi
01-13-2006, 10:18 PM
How long since the date you purchased your brand new mazda 3 did you begin the installation of lowering springs? Was it right away within the first month or what?just curious because as we all know, doing so would void our warranty unless you had them done at the dealership and such....

Junior
01-13-2006, 11:05 PM
dont worry so much just do it. if you like it, do it. if you\'re scared, then don\'t.

you could always visit mod friendly dealers and they will be able to help you out. some have done it right away and other have waited 2 or 3 years? what difference does it make. if you\'re worried about the warranty being void, then wait till your warranty is done (4 years or 5 years) ... it\'s really a matter of \"are you willing to take the risk\"

another part of me wants to say \"you could always change it back\" but in all honesty if you\'re getting lowering srpings you would drop 2\" MAX, besides your struts wearing faster, I don\'t really see how there could be any other issues.

bubba1983
01-14-2006, 05:43 AM
its not a matter of fact for voiding warranty...its a matter of if something goes wrong and the dealership can prove that your mod affect the damaged area....I.E if your seats have premature wear on them, they can\'t void that before you have springs installed....(very extreme comparison)

DrunknFoo
01-14-2006, 06:54 AM
I installed my springs roughly 3weeks after I picked up my car from the dealership. I\'m currently running on the stock shocks. If you have the springs installed properly and depending on the springs spring rate, you should be fine for about a year to a year and a 1/2. This is rougly around the time when the shocks pretty much die out. You will gradually notice an increase in body roll, car\'s more bouncy, car tilts forward when breaking etc... that\'s when you need to change the shocks.