PDA

View Full Version : What Car to Buy

Sammy
01-17-2006, 12:22 PM
My dad asked me to help him find a replacement for his 94 Camry. He wants something extremely reliable (japanese), under 30K, does\'t care for the \"zoom zoom\" factor but wants some comfort features (leather, power everything). He would consider something used if its nearly new. Any suggestons, it would be even better if you can provide me with any sales contacts you know who would give us an excellent deal!!! I was personally thinking an Accord would fit his style, but don\'t know any Honda dealers.

MajesticBlueNTO
01-17-2006, 01:41 PM
2002 or 2003 Nissan Maxima GLE or SE

HIDs, Leather, Power everything (including 3 seat/steering wheel memory settings with the automatic tranny), heated steering wheel, heated seats, 3.5L V6 (VQ35DE), reliable, and either GLE or SE can be had for WELL under 30k

Whos ur dadd
01-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Once a Camry lover, always a Camry lover. Get another Camry.

Sammy
01-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Thats funny - my Dad was actually going to get another Camry (this would be his 3rd). I told his to give other cars a chance - IMO Camry\'s have gone down hill since 1994. I like the Maxima idea, but you could never rely on a \'used\' car unless you know totally know its history/seller. What do you guys think about the Hyundai Sonata, its not Japanese but got some great reviews and awards.

Whos ur dadd
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Sammy

Thats funny - my Dad was actually going to get another Camry (this would be his 3rd). I told his to give other cars a chance - IMO Camry\'s have gone down hill since 1994. I like the Maxima idea, but you could never rely on a \'used\' car unless you know totally know its history/seller. What do you guys think about the Hyundai Sonata, its not Japanese but got some great reviews and awards.

You\'ll never hear the end of it when you bring the other-than-Camry in for repairs. The overall value of a Camry may have gone downhill, but I betcha quality and customer satisfaction are still top notch. Late model Camrys would be even that much better than the 94 your dad drives.

Buy the Camry. Don\'t make me smack you, son.

ds2chan
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
I was thinking accord, but the accord with all those features you mentioned would probably jump up in price pretty quickly..

I would also think a camry is nice but the sonata is also really nice.. every review I\'ve seen on tv or read in the paper about hyundai were all positive.. never anything bad said about them anymore.. they just don\'t have the name and popularity yet that honda and toyota have..

try the sonata.. take one out for a test drive.. I\'m sure you\'ll be pleasantly surprised.. I was actually considering their line of SUVs before deciding on the mazda 3..

RedRaptor
01-17-2006, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ds2chan

I was thinking accord, but the accord with all those features you mentioned would probably jump up in price pretty quickly..

I would also think a camry is nice but the sonata is also really nice.. every review I\'ve seen on tv or read in the paper about hyundai were all positive.. never anything bad said about them anymore.. they just don\'t have the name and popularity yet that honda and toyota have..

try the sonata.. take one out for a test drive.. I\'m sure you\'ll be pleasantly surprised.. I was actually considering their line of SUVs before deciding on the mazda 3..

Let\'s be frank. An old man who loves a Camry isn\'t going to buy a korean made car. Sure the Sonata has all these features but in the end, its no Camry and its korean. Other than popularity, a Sonata also doesn\'t have the quality and reliability that a Toyota or Honda has.

Unless I see you actually owning the new Sonata and loving it, I wouldn\'t suggest the Sonata to Sammy\'s dad hopefully that he can be the lab rat.

My vote is for the Maxima or Camry.

Kevin@nextmod
01-17-2006, 05:29 PM
*thumbs up* for the camry.

Amazing ride for the buck. If he isn\'t really that picky of the leather, you can get a brand new camry on the road for $28k or less because Camry is coming out with a new look next year. The LE i\'m talking about comes with power everything OR you can pay $30k for the SE that comes with the spoiler 16inch rims better trim panels stiffer suspension and fog lights.

Also with the gas prices these days the VVTI is pretty amazing for saving gas.

(correct me if i\'m wrong with the facts or prices)

billyfo
01-17-2006, 06:01 PM
2007 Camry here (http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060111/FREE/60111003/1024/LATESTNEWS)?? look nice, but I am still a Honda fan not Toyota and Nissan:p . and how about Mazda6?

Mica3SGT
01-17-2006, 08:41 PM
My personal favaorite is the all new Acura CSX - base $26,680.00 including Freight/PDI. You can load it up with nav for just over $30K, resale is excellent - honda reliability and engineering.
Of course the Toyota Camry makes a compelling case - the 2007 rocks! And it has a reasonable sized back seat for this:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5015/scarlettj9cg.jpg

TheProfessor
01-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Whos ur dadd

Once a Camry lover, always a Camry lover. Get another Camry.

You said it....have you guys seen the new Camry? It is really sharp, and sheds some of that \"old persons\" car stereotype.

Cardinal Fang
01-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mica3SGT
And it has a reasonable sized back seat for this:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/5015/scarlettj9cg.jpg

That option is pretty expensive I\'m told.

///M
01-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I find the interior of the Accord to be more luxurious than the Camry.