PDA

View Full Version : LOWERED my car in WINTER!!!

chinsterr
01-18-2006, 05:49 PM
Hey guys

I got this set of TEIN H-TECH springs last October but have been too busy with school and all to install them. So i was talking to triplezoom at work about the springs and other mods for the mazda then BAM! All of a sudden i had the urge to install them. I called Motor Workshop an hour later and they book me in for install later that night.

I have got to say that the car sits much lower than expected. I thought the drop would be 1.25\" , but it looks a bit more (or maybe its just me?) I step in the car and you can feel the difference right away (obviously)!!!! For city travelling i noticed the car handles \'different\' when compared to the stock set up ... but im not sure whether it is a good/bad different. But you can defianetly feel the road alot more especially the bumps. On the highway the car handles ALOT better and feels alot less \'floatly\' ... and there is a big difference when changing lanes and such. Now i havent done any crazy turns or anything (as there is ice/snow everywhere), but im going to assume it handles those alot better than stock :p :)

As for service, i can say nothing but praises to the guys at Motor Workshop (vincent leung). They booked me right away knowing how baldy i wanted these bad boys installed and gave me a good price too. They were very professional and even packed my old stock springs into the tein box (with the little baggies over them, very impressed). I highly recommend them. Now on to the good stuff .. heres the pics: **Sry, these are only the \'after\' pics

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01448.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01456.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01454.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01458.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01459.jpg

haha thanx triplezoom for the \'encouragement\' :p

Chinsterr

triplezoom
01-18-2006, 06:18 PM
np bro... just glad that you finally did it! such a nice drop.
heres a photo of the two cars
http://tinypic.com/m7c93b.jpg

S.F.W.
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Chinster,

it is a very nice drop. The drop is more significant than I would have expected. Either way looks good. Enjoy.

Kevin@nextmod
01-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Ohhhhh so it was your car that i saw on that day. I saw a white mazda 3 there. So it was you... I parked my car outside to check up on vincent cause i know him and stopped by to say hi. What time did you get your car?

bluntman
01-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Winter is a great time to do major mods to your car since garages can usually take you without much lead-time. I just walked into Speedtech and they intsalled my swaybar for me last Friday.

chinsterr
01-18-2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by triplezoom

np bro... just glad that you finally did it! such a nice drop.
heres a photo of the two cars
http://tinypic.com/m7c93b.jpg

DAng, the pictures came out pretty good. The camera on that phone is amazing. Thnx for posting the pic up

Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Ohhhhh so it was your car that i saw on that day. I saw a white mazda 3 there. So it was you... I parked my car outside to check up on vincent cause i know him and stopped by to say hi. What time did you get your car?

It took them around 2 hours for the install --- went there at 5 and the car was ready a little before 7, but i went to pick it up around 730ish

Thanks for the comments guys

Chinsterr

Junior
01-18-2006, 08:29 PM
definitely a good appearance mod... prolly the first thing on my list to get done.

nice work, it\'s look really good. give it some time to settle, it\'ll drop a little more.

Kevin@nextmod
01-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by bluntman

Winter is a great time to do major mods to your car since garages can usually take you without much lead-time. I just walked into Speedtech and they intsalled my swaybar for me last Friday.
How much did they charge you?

SwooshICE
01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
nice drop :)
got the alignment yet??
if u did already let me know yer numbers :p

///M
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Vincent must be very experienced with working with the Mazda3 suspension now. :p

TheProfessor
01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Awesome, now I can see what my car would look like on those springs.....same colour, trim, and steelies!

chaser
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Tein H-Tech\'s drop is F:1.5, R:0.9. I\'d the same feeling as you when I picked up my car after the drop, but I liked it. You\'ll get used to it soon ;)

Next thing is to have an alignment done. Give the springs sometimes to settle but don\'t wait for too long; between the 1st & 2nd week is good I\'d say. And watch out the curbs from now on!!! :D

dr_sarcasm
01-19-2006, 09:56 AM
That does give the car a different look. Nice look. Yes, give it some time to settle, but I think more to the tone of 2 or 3 weeks before an alignment/toe adjustment.

dr_\"I\'m really liking the stance\"_sarcasm

bluntman
01-19-2006, 10:05 AM

$45

Kevin@nextmod
01-19-2006, 10:17 AM

$45
Did they do anything with the installation so it won\'t shift to one side?

chinsterr
01-19-2006, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by chaser

Tein H-Tech\'s drop is F:1.5, R:0.9. I\'d the same feeling as you when I picked up my car after the drop, but I liked it. You\'ll get used to it soon ;)

Next thing is to have an alignment done. Give the springs sometimes to settle but don\'t wait for too long; between the 1st & 2nd week is good I\'d say. And watch out the curbs from now on!!! :D

Would you guys suggest that i get the alignment done at a mazda dealership ? or should i go to an auto shop?

Mazda charges typically around 80$$ for alignment .. am i correct?

Oh ya, one more question ... I drive approx 80 Km a day on the highway to get to and from work , do you guys think i should get the alignment done sooner to prevent massive tire-wear on my new winter tires ????

Chinsterr

DrunknFoo
01-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by chinsterr

Oh ya, one more question ... I drive approx 80 Km a day on the highway to get to and from work , do you guys think i should get the alignment done sooner to prevent massive tire-wear on my new winter tires ????

Chinsterr

Usually recommend 1.5-2weeks. Once the springs set, the camber/toe will set, then alignment should be done. After alignment is done, depending where you go, you will then get a print out of your specs, and then you will determine if you require a camber kit or not...

Pimpin_29y
01-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Looks good! How much did they charge you to install the springs? I might lower my car during the winter too!!:D

Pogi
01-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DrunknFoo

Chinsterr

Usually recommend 1.5-2weeks. Once the springs set, the camber/toe will set, then alignment should be done. After alignment is done, depending where you go, you will then get a print out of your specs, and then you will determine if you require a camber kit or not...

How will you know if you need a camber kit or not based on the specs sheet?

BTW ure car looks hot with them springs!

ds2chan
01-19-2006, 04:53 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/chinsterr/DSC01456.jpg

damn, that\'s a nice house/mansion in the background!!

and the car is lookin\' good.. :p

FLIPDADY
01-19-2006, 04:56 PM
Welcome to the \"I drive my lowered 3 in winter club\".:D

Cero21
02-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Could take a pic directly of the side of the car?