PDA

View Full Version : 24000 KM Service

PPI_MAN
01-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Hi Everyone,

I\'m going for my 24000 KM Service soon and I was wonder how much people have found it for.

WestTowne Mazda give me a price of 178 + tax for the 24000k service. Is that a good price or a little high for that service.

Thanks everyone

PPI_MAN

TheProfessor
01-24-2006, 09:32 AM
I\'d call a couple of other dealerships just to see what they charge.....$178 seems a tad high, when I had the service done on my 6 I paid something like $16X.00 plus tax.

torpedo20
01-24-2006, 03:54 PM
I think I paid like $180 (tax included) at Dufferin Mazda.

The prices might\'ve gone up - I did it back in November\'05.

PPI_MAN
01-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks Eveyone

It sounds like all the prices are around the same range. 10 to 20 dollars more or less is not a big price different for me.

Thanks again
PPI_MAN

bRANDO
02-03-2006, 08:30 PM
brampton did mine today for 198 taxes in. They also wanted 299 + taxes for tint 35/20!

MAZDA Kitten
02-04-2006, 09:19 AM
$34

rene
02-08-2006, 02:04 AM
be sure to CHECK your brakes after. you must see some grease (copper like color) on the brake assembly.

m_a_t_r_i_x
02-22-2006, 01:32 PM
I just had my 24k service at Avante Mazda...

...my review/feedback...

IN -10:15am/ OUT 12:08pm / Cost :$209.48

Aside from the annual service, I requested them to check the 2 issues I have on my car since I got it- brake squeaking and harsh shifting on cold starts.

Work done (no charge , warranty items)
-they reprogrammed the computer for the harsh shifting problem
-replaced the rear brake pads with the updated ones

I must say, the service (professionalism and efficiency) is the best so far compared to other dealers.

Big props to Avante Mazda...

RedRaptor
02-23-2006, 09:11 PM
I got my 24K service done at Avante Mazda today.

I am really happy with their service and I\'m a believer now about how great their customer service is in the Service Department. I have a review here (http://www.torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=5191) to recap my experience today.

To sum up:

-24K service done.
-Replaced rear brake pads with updated one as per TSB.
-Replaced my rusted wiper arms.

Big props to Avante. I am going to exclusively take my car to Avante for all my servicing eventho its 20kms away. :)

wtom
02-24-2006, 01:50 AM
$195.17 give or take a bit of change. December 3, 2005 at Avante Mazda. Majority of the cost is for the labour & time involved WRT the lubrication of the brake caliper pins.

Upyerkilt
03-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Had my 24000 service done today at Achilles in Acton it cost me $200 tax in I asked them to check my belts etc because there is a noise occasionally in the AM when it\'s cold, also to check the rear brakes for the squeaking (I knew about the TSB, but decided not to let them know -I wanted to see if they\'d replace the pads without me having to beg) When i got my car back they had replaced the rear brakes and could not figure out the engine noise \'cause they couldn\'t hear it (always the way, I bet tomorrow morning it\'ll squeal like a pig for me!)

overall pretty good service.

KenYork
03-15-2006, 04:00 PM
Just got back from Erin Mills Mazda for my 24k servicing at 35k(yes, i know i\'m late). Service was great. Meet Jerry and Geopo(the guy Broli met at the car show), both are great guys Frank at the service dept. was good too. This visit was much better than my last, lots of new faces. Hope they keep things up.

Geopo\'s new to the dealership, so that\'s why he was so interested in our forum, I told him about Jerry being on our fourm as well. Lets see what they can do for us. So if you two are reading this, i hope to be seeing the two of you more active and involved in our fourm.

Great Service, left the lot with a clean car. They even vacumed the inside, and washed out my mats. Before I left the dealership I found a new dent in my car, thought it was the dealership, so i went in and told Frank what I found. Then I called my wife, since I had just swapped my car back from her. Turns out my wife put the dent in the car. I told Frank, great guy still concerned even though it wasn\'t their fault.

Broli
03-15-2006, 04:16 PM
lol
i was reading the post and everything was sounding great
then u mention this dent!

damn, that would have been a blow to a dealership trying to make a better name for themselves!

thanks for the info Patrick!

i am glad that the service was good!

Broli
03-15-2006, 04:22 PM
On another note!

had my 24000 KM service done
at Westowne at 24300 KM (haha kenny-york)

i aslo had something work done there, as my friends and i had an issue
while installing my springs!

anwyays, good as usual, i never get that warm i really care about u as a customer feeling from them, but they are close, they give a discount and they are a million times better than Ontario Mazda.

AFbunnie
03-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Haven\'t been here in a while so I thought I\'d post something up..

I went to go have my 24k service done today at Avante Mazda. I was very happy with the job.
Aside from the 24k service, I asked them to check my squeaking rear brakes. They changed them to the new ones no problems. I also asked them to check my speakers. I don\'t know if any of you have had problems but it seems like the front right passenger one was rattling(especially while cornering) and vibrating. They checked it and told me it was defective from the factory.. So they\'re ordering me a new one. As for the new brake pads, supposedly they\'re supposed to have less break dust but the sides of my white bumper is now completely black. Has anyone else noticed this?

Overall, I had yet another good experience at Avante. $200 approx. for a service seems so expensive.. considering all my other services have been like $60..

When I got back home, I decided to give my car a good vacuum. While I was vacuuming under the driver\'s seat, I realized that the plastic, covering part of the seat track, was cracked. My luck. Now I have to go back and get it looked at so that they can order me the part. A lucky but unlucky day I suppose... :(

Flagrum_3
03-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Hey, I just finished reading this post and I have to agree with AFBunnie: $200.00 for the 24k service...its a ripoff for what they do.You can get the same things done at an independent for less than half that price and as long as you keep the service record of the work done the warranty will be safe.
As for the rear pads being replaced they have to do that for free anyways as its a TSB.
I definitely will not bring my car to a Mazda dealer for regular maintenance and I\'ll save hundreds in the process.

Note: Just my rant against overpriced dealer service.;)

_3

DriverEd
06-21-2006, 03:46 PM
Just had mine done at Dave Wood Mazda in Newmarket. $198 (tax in) + 17% discount for TM3 members = $170.
Fast and courteous service with a shuttle to and from my office in Aurora.

mf5781
06-24-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Flagrum_3

Hey, I just finished reading this post and I have to agree with AFBunnie: $200.00 for the 24k service...its a ripoff for what they do.You can get the same things done at an independent for less than half that price and as long as you keep the service record of the work done the warranty will be safe.
As for the rear pads being replaced they have to do that for free anyways as its a TSB.
I definitely will not bring my car to a Mazda dealer for regular maintenance and I\'ll save hundreds in the process.

Note: Just my rant against overpriced dealer service.;)

_3

I agree. The only extra thing they do is to check the brakes ($140 extra + taxes). When I had claim on the rear rotors and pads under TSB, this service did not help me. So I think it\'s better to save that money. When you have problems with the brakes, go for the after maket products.