PDA

View Full Version : a question about h-techs

WhiteGFX
02-01-2006, 08:11 PM
I\'ve been having my car lowered for awhile now and as u all know the h-tech
springs drops 1.4 F and .9 R which makes the rear uneven to the front so my question is
will the rear evenutally be less noticeable with time? How do the other h-tech spring users
feel about this slight uneveness?

SABIO
02-01-2006, 09:04 PM
The H-Techs drop lower than that. My drop right off the bat was closer to 1.5 on all 4 corners.

You don\'t notice it. As far as i know, all spring sets are the same. Front always goes lower on the 3.

chinsterr
02-01-2006, 10:05 PM
lol 1.4 inch drop ? mine seems alot lower than that !!!

Just wait till they settle hahahaha

As for the uneveness ... it doesnt really bother me. I know Tein springs tend to put the front lower than the back (you should have done your research :p )

I think eibach springs will lower car evenly all around, but dont quote me on that.

CHinsterr

WhiteGFX
02-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by chinsterr

lol 1.4 inch drop ? mine seems alot lower than that !!!

Just wait till they settle hahahaha

As for the uneveness ... it doesnt really bother me. I know Tein springs tend to put the front lower than the back (you should have done your research :p )

I think eibach springs will lower car evenly all around, but dont quote me on that.

CHinsterr

Oh i knew that from the start that it wouldnt be even. I went with the h techs cuz they were cheap compare to other springs. How long does it take for them to settle? it\'s been like 3 and half weeks for me now.

SABIO
02-02-2006, 05:35 PM
about 3000 km. to settle

Pogi
02-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

about 3000 km. to settle

So it\'s gonna be one week this monday since i lowered my car so should i wait until i get 3000km wit the new springs or should i wait another week to get the wheel alignment?

SABIO
02-05-2006, 03:43 PM
No harm in waiting a week.

When they settle a bit, the change would not be drastic enough to warrant another alignment.
But once the alignment is done, you will feel a small difference.

silversurfer
04-07-2006, 09:32 PM
is the alignment absolutely necessary after getting the h-techs?

DeLaY_NoMoRe
04-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I just dropped my car using H&R springs, but so far I don\'t feel like a need for wheel alignment, neither the mechanic had recommended that.....

TheProfessor
04-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by DeLaY_NoMoRe

I just dropped my car using H&R springs, but so far I don\'t feel like a need for wheel alignment, neither the mechanic had recommended that.....

Can you post a pic of your car on the H&R\'s?