PDA

View Full Version : Autowipers

vortex-5
02-03-2006, 11:31 AM
What does the speed slider do if you have auto wipers?

can I disable the sensor temporarily so I can manually set a delay speed?

I think with auto wipers enabled the speed slider ring does nothing on the wiper toggle, but feel free to educate me.

majic
02-03-2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by vortex-5

1) What does the speed slider do if you have auto wipers?

2) can I disable the sensor temporarily so I can manually set a delay speed?

3) I think with auto wipers enabled the speed slider ring does nothing on the wiper toggle, but feel free to educate me.

have you read the manual? ;)

1) increases sensitivity of the sensor
2) no unless you move the stalk 2 or 3 down from center position (normal and fast preset speeds)
3) i always keep the sensitivity at lowest (but it seems to make no difference) and it\'s still too fast :sarc but as you said in the other thread.. with rainx i rarely use wipers especially over 80kph :D

rob_444
02-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe the hatchbacks have auto as well as intermitant wiper settings, while the sedans only have the auto.

And IMHO, the autowipers SUCK. Having a controlled timer that you can manually adjust to the rain conditions would be much better. I find with the auto wipers, the speeds increase and decrease sporadically and randomly no matter if its on the most or least sensitive settings.

Im not sure how much the entire water sensor array and technology for the auto wipers cost, but i would rather have scrapped it and put that money into some other feature on the car.

FLIPDADY
02-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by rob_444

I believe the hatchbacks have auto as well as intermitant wiper settings, while the sedans only have the auto.

And IMHO, the autowipers SUCK. Having a controlled timer that you can manually adjust to the rain conditions would be much better. I find with the auto wipers, the speeds increase and decrease sporadically and randomly no matter if its on the most or least sensitive settings.

Im not sure how much the entire water sensor array and technology for the auto wipers cost, but i would rather have scrapped it and put that money into some other feature on the car.
Only two options for wipers for our cars. Either you get the rain sensing or without. The sensors are the same.

TheProfessor
02-03-2006, 01:32 PM

Um, no. They both have the same, which is auto wipers for the front. I think the auto wipers actually do a pretty good job! I don\'t think you can expect them to work perfectly as each individual feels the windshield needs to be wiped at different stages of wetness, but for me they seem to work like they should.

SGT06
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
Same complaint. Sensisitive setting for the sensor does not seem do anything. I just think of it as a toy when I\'m bored while waiting for traffic light.

ds2chan
02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
I prefer the intermittent wipers myself.. too bad it wasn\'t just an option.. I could have done without the rain sensors..

and I agree that mazda should\'ve just used that money to upgrade something else.. I\'m sure they could have found something.. or just lower the price of the car by a few hundred dollars..

vortex-5
02-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Ok so I\'m glad i\'m not the only one that thinks the sensitivity nob is just something for you to play with. I honestly don\'t see it make any difference. Although this is probably because I also use rainX and that area of the sensor probably beads up and doesn\'t get detected.

akherad
02-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by PSIVIC

Um, no. They both have the same, which is auto wipers for the front. I think the auto wipers actually do a pretty good job! I don\'t think you can expect them to work perfectly as each individual feels the windshield needs to be wiped at different stages of wetness, but for me they seem to work like they should.

Samething here. Works fine for me. Even when I change sensitivity, it responds base on the setting I have picked. Just my $0.02

vortex-5
02-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Maybe it\'s the rainX, I\'ll have to remove it from the sensor with some mild abrasive like the rainX representative advised.

Krakilin
02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
The Autowipers suck @ss... first of all, the adjuster doesn\'t work, it makes no diff either way you have turned... secondly, it\'s wiping too fast when it\'s not raining very hard... I would prefer to have the variable speed adjuster instead like all the other cars.