PDA

View Full Version : Remote Starter dies?

Broli
02-09-2006, 03:51 PM
so i have heard that if you get a remote started installed on your car, and it dies, you won\'t be able to start the car even with your key!

is this true?
sounds like it could be bullshit?

if u need specifics, i am talking about the compustar systems

billyfo
02-09-2006, 08:52 PM
don\'t know for sure, my car couldn\'t start for 3 times, twice were towed to Mazda (MoT and Avante RH), but none can find the problem. Now I can\'t remote start the car, I\'ll go to Jeff @ Lockdown to take a look.

LOCKDOWN-P5
02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Hello Everyone

The Mazda3 is equipped with an IMMOBILISER key system, which needs to be interfaced with when installing a remote starter system. While problems are rare with these modules when installed correctly, these do interface with a system that prevents the car from starting if it sees an in-correct signal from the immobiliser key.

This does not mean that if you install a remote starter system on your car that you will have problems down the road, only a word of advice from us to make sure that the installation provider uses the correct parts for the vehicle.

Billyfo, please feel free to call us and we can take a look at any problems you are having.

For information purposes, we use a module from BYPASSKITS.com for the Mazda3. The part number is the XK04, and is a fully keyless module (you DO NOT have to give up a key to use this).

Regards

Jeff Bates
LOCKDOWN Enterprises Inc.