PDA

View Full Version : if u HAD CEL PO128 theres a new \fix\

everfeb
02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
There is a NEW, UPDATED, REVISED BULLETIN (\"fix\") for the CEL PO128 Code some of us experienced in \'04. It has to do with \"improper PCM calibration\".
It applies to owners of 04/05\'s who previously had CEL PO128.
The Canadian BULLETIN # is 05-13 revised Oct 05.
As this is the 2ND \"FIX\" for the PO128 \"ISSUE\" I\'m guessing the 1st \"fix\" was ineffective. Otherwise, why would Mazda have continued to work on it and come up with a new fix? Many of us who originally had CEL PO128 complained of poor mileage. I saw no improvement in my gas mileage or in the way my car felt (sluggish) after the 1st fix. Maybe this updated software is finally the \"fix\" to improve our fuel economy and performance.
I had this PO128 update as well as the 2.3ATX \"shift shock\" thing done Feb 14, 06 in Steinbach Manitoba...under warrantee. My car now feels totally different-better-more pep. And my HEATER is now working much, much better for some reason.
Anyway, if you HAD the CEL..PO128 CODE pulled in your 3 at anytime you might want to speak to your dealer about this update.
If anyone is interested I made a very long post on this topic on MAZDA3 FORUMS at

http://mazda3forums.com/index.php Click on the \"Mazda3 (Axela)\" line and scroll down a bit.

everfeb

SABIO
02-25-2006, 02:29 PM
I had the first one done..
..correctly I hope.. maybe not..
I do get the crap gas consumption..some of you may have heard this from me:sarc

Maybe I will have a dealer look into this one as well...
My thermostat wasn\'t replaced...they just said it was reading wrong..maybe they should have replaced it.

Maybe my car has been sucking gas back for the past year for no reason

everfeb
02-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

I had the first one done..
..correctly I hope.. maybe not..
I do get the crap gas consumption..some of you may have heard this from me:sarc

Maybe I will have a dealer look into this one as well...
My thermostat wasn\'t replaced...they just said it was reading wrong..maybe they should have replaced it.

Maybe my car has been sucking gas back for the past year for no reason

Sabio..for sure take it to your dealer if you had the 1st one done. Thermostat really wasn\'t the issue with the PO128. It was about the coolant temperature sensor needing to be recalibrated because it was reading the engine as being cold when it was warm. Because of this, the way I understand it, MORE and a RICHER MIX of fuel was fed into the engine than a warm engine needs leading to poorer gas mileage especially in \"around town\" driving which, I\'m guessing, you do a lot of. IF the 1st \"fix\" was installed in my car correctly it did nothing.
I think my dealer at that time somehow didn\'t do it correctly or didn\'t do it at all. Because I saw absolutely no improvement in gas mileage, performance or feel after it was supposedly done. Far as I\'m concerned the 1ST \"FIX\" did nothing and anyone who had CEL PO128 is still paying the price!
I printed out the American TSB, had it confirmed by MoC that it was a Canadian TSB also, and showed it to my dealer who didn\'t know about this TSB UNTIL I showed him the bulletin. I\'d bring the printed TSB with me to my dealer if I were you.

By the way, I HAVE THE RECORD FOR WORST GAS MILEAGE. 13.89 miles per US gallon in all town driving in very cold temperatures on a Dec.14 \'04 to Jan 15 \'05 tank of gas.:p Not sure what that is L/100KM but it\'s a lot. EDIT...16.93L/100KM gulp.
everfeb

SABIO
02-26-2006, 03:26 PM
I got 14.6 MPG back in Oct.

I should get on these TSB\'s soon. Before the dealer says my car is 2 years old and they don\'t apply.. :)

everfeb
04-18-2006, 07:38 PM
Just a quick update. Since I had the CEL PO128 done Feb 14 \'06 my gas mileage, particularly my CITY mileage has improved considerably compared to my mileage at the same time last year.
If you had CEL PO128, are getting poor gas mileage and haven\'t had the lastest \"fix\" for this problem you should probably talk to your dealer. My town mileage in cold weather has improved at least 10% since I had the \"fix\".
everfeb

iamcanadian
08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Okay so now that my car is 6 months out of warrenty I have this issue.

They want $550 + tax to fix this problem
(100 for diagnosing the problem)
(450 to change the thermostat and the coolent sensor)

Is there anyway to win this and get mazda to pay for this? if it is a recall should they not have told me while my car was under warrenty that this may affect me in the future?
I did not have the original fix done as I had no idea about the problem or a recall until I developed the problem last week

Someone please help! I am a student and $550 will put me in the shitter for a while.

Car became out of warrenty in December. I have approx 62 000km on it now.

Thank you