PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** SO MOUNTAIN MAZDA TOLD ME...

MAZDA Kitten
02-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I laughed.

I went in for them to check out a vibration I get at between 80-100km (there is a TSB on this to replace engine mounts).
Anyways; they refused to do the work because my car is lowered. In addition to this they told me that theere is a TSB on this and they also said that US cars used different engine mounts when I showed her a print out of the TSB from Rosenthal Mazda.

So I asked her if you think my springs make my car vibrate at idle as well. She said YES.
:sarc

Down with MOUNTAIN MAZDA.

-------------

GOOD STUFF FROM ONTARIO MAZDA.
Ontario Mazda and I are like a soap opera relationship.

After my HORRIBLE dealings with MOUNTAIN MAZDA; I booked an appointment with ONTARIO MAZDA.
First they flashed my software or whatever. They insisted if it keeps happening not to hesitate to contact them.

Well; yesterday I brought my baby in again because she was quivering like a virgin on prom night.
Rought idle... vibration at about 90kmH.

Get a call; they acknowledge that my car is lowered BUT THEY DONT SEE HOW THE SPRINGS COULD BE CAUSING MY VIBRATION (HELLO! MOUNTAIN MAZDA YOU DUMB ****S ARE YOU HEARING THIS???)
So they decided to go ahead with the work TO REPLACE MY ENGINE MOUNTS (HELLO MOUNTAIN MAZDA!!! I TOLD YOU!!!!!!!!!! You told me my car uses different engine mounts that American cars). :sarc

So they ask me to bring the car in today since it was near the end of the day before.

CONCLUSION: BROKEN ENGINE MOUNTS = NEW ENGINE MOUNTS.

I think I\'m calling Mazda Canada. Stupid.

SABIO
02-25-2006, 02:56 PM
:( SHAME.... SHAME!~~~

Fuman
02-25-2006, 10:18 PM
u should of tape recorded it, and post it on break.com or submitted it for a newspaper or tv or something

Mica3SGT
02-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately any modifications made to your Mazda without factory approved parts or dealer installed items can constitute a breach and subsequent denial for warranty coverage.
You should read over the disclaimer in your warranty book - some manufacturers insist on all service performed by their dealers be stamped and dated by the service technician to honour the warranty provisions(goodbye Volkswagen Canada - I\'ll get my premium oil changes cheaper elsewhere).

There are always going to be bad dealers - report them to Mazda Canada immediately. If however, all the Mazda dealers are telling you the same thing - you have a problem. As a rule of thumb before buying any new vehicle, I always ask to see the warranty booklet, conditions of service and ask if changes will invoke problems BEFORE I purchase (I\'ve bought my share of new vehicles). You\'ll note that my \"mods\" are basic cosmetic items with the exception of my intake - and can be stripped off in an hour of my time.

TSB\'s are a favourite of mine recently as I\'ve checked many different sites to see the discrepency amoung regions and cross border differences. No - TSB\'s in the USA do not apply to Canada - we have different content - different service coverage, just different. A listing of relevant Canadian TSB\'s should be posted by moderators on this forum as a valuable insight in owner education. Don\'t expect American TSB\'s to be honoured in Canada unless Mazda Canada backs these actions - dealers have to be able to bill Mazda for warranty work - these dealers are running a business, not acting as a charity.

Installing aftermarket springs without replacing the factory shocks at the same time is stupid - the factory shocks will fail early and the expense will be greater than if you had done it at the same time as you replaced the factory springs. Most reputable suspension shops will also tell you to do a four point wheel alignment at the time of the upgrades since you are changing the centre of gravity by effectively lowering the ride height. If you are like some owners who lease and drive the crap out of their cars and then leave the ensuing problems with the car\'s new owners at trade in time - that is another discussion - I assume you want to keep this vehicle for some time and have a vested interest in maintaining it.

Don\'t follow advice from people where the Mazda3/Honda Civic/Dodge Neon/Toyota whatever is their first car - they don\'t know squat. Most manufacturers use rubber bushings which are weak links that should be replaced with nylon bushings for maximum performance and long life.

Thankfully I don\'t post often - like bump - +1 - to score post numbers - get a life! So I\'ll spare the reading challenged out there by ending it here.

m_a_t_r_i_x
02-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I completely agree, thats a very insightful comment frm Mica3SGT.

Thats why for me, if your thing is really doing some serious mods on your car which is still under warranty, might as well bite the bullet and get the mazdaspeed tuner parts and done by the dealer to avoid inconveniences in situations like this.

SABIO
02-26-2006, 10:47 AM
I would agree that denial of work could happen if the Aftermarket Part was the cause of Her problem, or anyones.

I can\'t see how a set of springs would effect her motor mounts.

I have an exhuast on my car, if my Cat goes or I burn out an O2 sensor..I\'m screwed. My A/C compressor goes..it\'s covered under warrenty.

I believe Mnt. Mazda was wrong to deny her service. She wasn\'t asking for alot.

MAZDA Kitten
02-26-2006, 03:04 PM
My only concern is that I\'ve been complaining about vibration @ idle since I\'ve owned the car. I remember maybe 2nd month into owning (car is 100% stock) they checked the ECU and said everything is fine. So wouldnt this be on my file that I\'ve had this issue going back to 2004?
Anyways, I\'m gonna check out my original dealership and see what they say. And the fact that when the car is NOT moving I still get idle vibration... how do springs affect that? :sarc

MattD
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
i dont think the springs would affect vibration at low idle but when you are driving the lowering springs would change the centre of gravity as well as they are stiffer then stock ones. saying this the motor as well as the rest of your car will be bounced around more and more of the little bumbs in the road will be transfer harder and stronger to all parts in your car. i can see how this would be directly related to rubber mounts that support a \"free\" floating engine. the engine will be more beaten up.