PDA

View Full Version : Voltage booster/regulator/Stabilizer???

SABIO
03-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Increased torque.
Increased throttle response.
Brighter headlights.
Reduced audio noise.
Improved fuel efficiency.
Longer battery life.
Fit most vehicles.

The H.V.S. Sun Hyper Voltage System GT (*HOT INAZMA HYPER by Sun Automobile JAPAN)is designed to stabilize voltage in your vehicle for maximum battery efficiency, allowing its full potential to be released.

Any need for this? Would it be a kewl thing? Or a waste of money?

DrunknFoo
03-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Should be good. There are many other kits like this for other cars, I believe it is just a tricked out grounding/earthing system.

I know that with better grounds you will notice better audio/light quality (or less static/flicker) but regarding increased torque, I\'m a little skeptical. I know that your 0-100km/h or 0-60miles/h time will be decreased slightly since your throttle will be more responsive. (i.e. etb grounding)....

I was looking into purchasing something like this after reviewing similar products for the 350z and integras and 240sxs.... I just decided to save my money though.

MajesticBlueNTO
03-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by SABIO

Increased torque.
Increased throttle response.
Brighter headlights.
Reduced audio noise.
Improved fuel efficiency.
Longer battery life.
Fit most vehicles.

The H.V.S. Sun Hyper Voltage System GT (*HOT INAZMA HYPER by Sun Automobile JAPAN)is designed to stabilize voltage in your vehicle for maximum battery efficiency, allowing its full potential to be released.

Any need for this? Would it be a kewl thing? Or a waste of money?

waste of money.

the best thing you can do is the Big-3 upgrade (4ga or higher wires for 1) negative battery terminal to body, 2) positive battery terminal to alternator, and 3) engine to body).

If you want \"cleaner voltage\", ditch the stock battery and get either an Optima Yellow Top (Deep Cycle and Starting), Optima Red Top, Motomaster Sprial Cell, or Exide Orbital battery.

you can make your own \"grounding/earthing system\" with either 8ga or 4ga audio wire for about 10% of the cost of those \"brand name\" kits.

Kevin@nextmod
03-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Well i\'m planning on picking a set of these T1R voltage stabilizer (http://www.speedstar.ca/main_T1R_v-power.htm) I\'ll post it up after i get this installed.

A few of my friends have this installed on there car and one being a mazda 3. They\'re reviews were pretty good and do recommend me getting this so i\'m going to give it a try.

Ex-Rolla
03-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Pearl_Hatch

Well i\'m planning on picking a set of these T1R voltage stabilizer (http://www.speedstar.ca/main_T1R_v-power.htm) I\'ll post it up after i get this installed.

A few of my friends have this installed on there car and one being a mazda 3. They\'re reviews were pretty good and do recommend me getting this so i\'m going to give it a try.

I\'ve always wanted to know what\'s inside one of those things... If you do get it and IF it\'s not too difficult, see if you can take the casing off and take a pic.

MajesticBlueNTO
03-06-2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Ex-Rolla

I\'ve always wanted to know what\'s inside one of those things... If you do get it and IF it\'s not too difficult, see if you can take the casing off and take a pic.

Pearl, if you\'re willing to pay for that nonsense then more power to you. People in the audio industry don\'t even install BS like this ....because it doesn\'t work. you want better voltage, do the Big-3 upgrade...you want \"cleaner power\" get a better battery...running an amp and noticing that your headlights dim, try a capacitor.

Ex-Rolla, here\'s a link to the 350z forums where someone cracked the \"Direct Power System\" open (http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110042). It is basically the same snake oil \"voltage stabilizer\" that is still being sold by other manufacturers.

the guy\'s statement after cracking it open:

The two ground wires are electrically connected to each other.

The positive wire is electrically connected to nothing except to itself and a small automotive fuse.

I found that the DPS or Direct Power System does absolutely nothing.

IT IS A $250 SCAM Save your money, a grounding kit will do more than this will do.

and the pics

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_247_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_248_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_249_full.jpg

Kevin@nextmod
03-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Ok than i guess i\'ll wait a little. I\'ll let my friend get it first on his S2000 and then i\'ll take a drive on it and see the before and after. If its just placebo or Bs then i\'ll just get a few ground wires and a friggin better battery.

Thanks for the pics MajesticBlueN

majic
03-06-2006, 10:13 AM

Ok than i guess i\'ll wait a little. I\'ll let my friend get it first on his S2000 and then i\'ll take a drive on it and see the before and after. If its just placebo or Bs then i\'ll just get a few ground wires and a friggin better battery.

why would you wait

it\'s been SHOWN to you that it does DIDDLY squat.. do you need a proof from an electrical engineer? give me a break.. you think that the potential V drop will stabilize thanks to some bare wires.. come on.. don\'t make me go and tell you to save your money on winter tires.. seriously.. this is just another instance of the \'turbonator\' and \'the fuel saver\' and \'the POWER chip\' and anything you want to blow smoke and use mirrors on.. it\'s all USELESS.. but then again you hvae the $$ to blow so go ahead and prove us otherwise (any gains you get will be PURLEY a PLACEBO effect)

/rant

Kevin@nextmod
03-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey... I didn\'t say that I do\'nt believe you guys but I just want to see how it goes on my frds car. If he thinks theres no gain then i save $140.

Seriously, I think i\'m old enough to know what i decide to get or not. I know everyone here is trying to help and i appreciate that. And i do take their advice, but I just want to see myself and get more feedback from my friends. Maybe theres a difference between brands? I don\'t know. I do\'nt have to pay for this experiment anyways. Waiting for my frd to put his on and see.
I think you\'re over reacting in a way. Or maybe i\'m mistaken from what you\'re trying to say.

majic
03-06-2006, 11:03 AM

Hey... I didn\'t say that I do\'nt believe you guys

so you do believe us? b/c by saying THIS

but I just want to see how it goes on my frds car. If he thinks theres no gain then i save $140.

you imply (even though it\'s not a mathematically correct relationship) that if your buddy thinks (placebo) there\'s a gain then you will go out and spend $140

anyway.. to each their own.. you\'ve been educated and warned.. what you do with your money is YOUR prerogative..

SABIO
03-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I spent a good amount of time reading the entire 14 page thread...
And there where quite a few electronics guys that shot down any theory that it works...or any of these things (place brand here)providing the benefits they claim.
I am assuming that if you took anyone of these apart they would be basically the same.

There are lots of things done to cars that provide a placebo effect... like ETB grounding and an AEM sticker.;)

But fortunately these cost around $2, so it dosen\'t hurt to throw them on. When someone wants to charge $100\'s of dollars for the same effect.... well... line \'em up against the wall!

You should tell your friend to NOT spend the money. Isn\'t that what friends are for.

Kevin@nextmod
03-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Then i\'ll make sure i let him see this thread. Then i\'ll let him decide to get or not to get.

SABIO
03-06-2006, 12:21 PM
Acceptable :)

midnightfxgt
03-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Good find Neil!

I love how they are too cheap to even have a fuse holder! Just solder it in there.

Plain and simple waste of money. Almost laughable that people will spend their money on this.

-John

MajesticBlueNTO
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by midnightfxgt

Good find Neil!

I love how they are too cheap to even have a fuse holder! Just solder it in there.

Plain and simple waste of money. Almost laughable that people will spend their money on this.

-John

i can\'t believe it\'s been almost 3 years since that thread was posted...and the DPS unit is still being sold to this date (http://cgi.ebay.com/DIRECT-POWER-SYSTEM-VTEC-MAZDA-ACURA-VW_W0QQitemZ7999012912QQcategoryZ33597QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)....there\'s a sucker born every minute.

c\'mon John, it\'s JDM stuff, it has to be good coming from the Land of the Rising Sun. besides, mods are better when you can\'t explain them, as they increase the amazement factor. imagine saying this to your buddies when they ask you WTF that box is for \"Positive electric code entangles with negative electric code, and the whole code becomes storage electric function.\" guranteed to make the chicks drop their panties :sarc :D

as for the ETB Ground, it\'s been debated over at M3F and Mazda6Tech and, whether it is really a placebo, it\'s less than $10 wasted...lunch money. ;)

to pick up a \"voltage stabilizer\" for $140, you\'re guaranteed to \"feel a difference\" as no one likes to admit to getting duped $140... but, for some of these rich kids on here, $140 is probably their lunch money.

If its just placebo or Bs then i\'ll just get a few ground wires and a friggin better battery.

glad i could help with a suggestion on a mod that actually does something.

MaxRPM
03-08-2006, 09:34 AM
F&*^ the voltage regulator (just as bad as opening your door over your cell phone), I want to know where can I drop $140 to see young women drop their panties. Don\'t say Regina Neil, despite what it rhymes with!

Zaku_4
03-16-2006, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by MajesticBlueN

The two ground wires are electrically connected to each other.

The positive wire is electrically connected to nothing except to itself and a small automotive fuse.

I found that the DPS or Direct Power System does absolutely nothing.

IT IS A $250 SCAM Save your money, a grounding kit will do more than this will do.

and the pics

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_247_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_248_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/337000-337999/337094_249_full.jpg

rofl thats so funny whats inside that

active3s
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Grounding kit yes, Voltage Regulator No
Grounding kit does help with the response at the same time helping to have smoother shifting(When Cruising) No delay on the throtle. I guess thats why they say it saves gas because it will burn as its delivered as it will not burn properly when you have a delay\"I THINK\"http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/1/web/2161000-2161999/2161197_131_full.jpg

active3s
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Just the grounding helped on stabilizing when Idleling; very smooth, not as noisy altenator and my lights actualy look cleaner. Did not add torque or horse power but do feel the same power as before there when I request it with no delays as before.

Jetlag
04-12-2006, 11:13 PM
There was actually a member on the U.S. who invested in one of these voltage regulators/ condensers and produced some gains (as proven by a dyno). Now there is some debate whether the T.B.G. mod or \"big 3\" upgrade can produce similiar gains. However, no one has dynoed there car on such an inexpensive mod. Anyway, just some food for thought, please don\'t slam me for re-opening this discussion.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=28396.0

Now I wonder if the internal components of the Buddy Club product is similiar to that posted on this thread (the cheap ass shit??)

Jetlag
04-12-2006, 11:16 PM
the best thing you can do is the Big-3 upgrade (4ga or higher wires for 1) negative battery terminal to body, 2) positive battery terminal to alternator, and 3) engine to body).

Has anyone actually performed this upgrade? How difficult do you think this would be for a do-it-yourselfer?

SABIO
04-16-2006, 01:17 PM
Someone is doing a GB for a buddy club condensor over at mazdaforums.... poor bastards

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123632039

elmokiddo
04-27-2006, 03:52 AM
I was one of the poor bastards who bought one of these over at M3F :D, I had the ETB grounding done before, removed that and installed the buddy club condenser. I can\'t say whether there were any power gains (in the inaccurate Butt dyno, although the previously posted real dyno says otherwise) , but downshifting is definitely smoother (seems like the car is more responsive), and the power band is smoother (That powerspike due to VVT i think... is smoother).

Its also got the cool factor cuz it lights up, and with a fully redone audio system and the stock battery I would say the little caps inside the Buddy Club device are of some use for \"stabilization\". I wouldn\'t say this \"cleans\" the power, but I would say that the voltage potential present inthe ETB is probably gone and any spikes caused by rapid voltage/power consumption changes (due to accessories or computer requirements, e.g. when VVT kicks in) are dampened slightly. These are afterall pretty simple electronic devices and they do serve a purpose and DO have a measurable effect (with the right equipment). I think the real question is if that effect actually does something for our cars and whether that something is worth the $ paid.

Regardless, Im happy :)

SABIO
04-27-2006, 04:11 AM
I guess if your happy. Then it\'s all good. It\'s alot of money for a \'Bling factor\'. But lots of us waste money on stuff becuase it looks good.:)

Tizmee24
07-26-2007, 08:02 PM

LMAO still nt convince, still want to waste ur money .... i dont get it lol its ur choice nt mine all i know im nt goin to buy one

SABIO
07-27-2007, 05:23 AM
I see you got my PM. :)

Glad I saved someone from wasting their money

notoriousb
09-02-2007, 12:17 AM
The real voltage stabilizers have capacitors in them. That one in the pic looks like a complete fraud.

In fact at first, I thought they tried to create a home-made capacitor with those intertwining wires (twisting wires together and cutting one end of the loop creates a capacitor).