PDA

View Full Version : Engine tuning.....

tommy36
03-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Did anyone happen to look into ecu tuning or anything for the 3. I noticed that corksport sells a map ecu and an air/fuel adjuster, does anyone know if you would be able to make adjustments and increase horsepower decently?

chinsterr
03-08-2006, 10:10 PM
ill leave this one for magic

***or whoever attacks tommy first

bubba1983
03-08-2006, 10:12 PM
yo my knowledge...the ecu me thinks is still unhacked....(unless you go a hiboost turbo route)

MajesticBlueNTO
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
NSN Motorsports is working on a Mircotech LT10 (http://www.microtechefi.com/html/LT.htm) for the 3....slow but steady development since there\'s only 1 programmer at Microtech in aussieland ... this is a standalone ECU.

Draxas was working with SCT on an Xcalibrator (plug into the OBD-II port and upload a tuning map).. this uses the stock ECU...however, with the 3 market being small (compared to the other domestic market for SCT), the 3 ECU being a mitsubishi unit (read: new to SCT), and Draxas all but abandoning development on 3 mods, the SCT Xcalibrator looks like a few light years away.

HiBoost has a Haltech unit, i think he\'s working on an E6X (http://www.haltech.com/e6x.htm) for his turbo kits (vs. the F10X which is a fuel only ...the E6X is a fuel and ignition timing unit) ...but these are tuned for boosted applications.

best bet is to wait until NSN comes out with the Microtech...but it\'ll be a pretty penny (around $1500US, iirc).

Domokun
03-09-2006, 01:37 AM
There is also Greddy E-Manage Ultimate. It\'s slightly cheaper then the Haltec or Microtech and it\'ll do both fuel and timing. The only downside is that it doesn\'t do VVT like the Microtech.

tommy36
03-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Why does everything have to be so complicated.....i just want more power but can\'t afford a turbo kit.....Need more aftermarket 3 parts damn it.....:(

FLIPDADY
03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by tommy36

Why does everything have to be so complicated.....i just want more power but can\'t afford a turbo kit.....Need more aftermarket 3 parts damn it.....:(
Trade your car in for a MS3.:p