PDA

View Full Version : Lemon

sueb
03-09-2006, 11:18 AM
I have a 2004 Mazda 3 lemon - it has been into the dealership for every TSB out there. Is there anything I can do to get a new car or trade in from Mazda Canada. I\'m very fed up.

SABIO
03-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Tsb\'s don\'t make your car a lemon.... do they?
Most Tsb\'s are for minor items. Which are fixed qikly...for free.

If you had to have major repairs Constantly...tranny replaced...engine problems (your car is in the shop days at a time), A/C busted, Brakes not working....etc. Then maybe you might have a case...

You can find out for yourself here >Help, I Gots a Lemon (http://www.camvap.ca/eng/consumers_guide.htm)

everfeb
03-09-2006, 01:39 PM
sueb...MANY of us with \'04\'s have had lots of TSBs/warrantee work. Guess that\'s the risk WE TAKE when WE choose to buy a pretty much new from the ground up vehicle. It\'s well documented that FIRST YEAR vehicles from any maker have a lot of glitches...and as the vehicle matures there are fewer and fewer glitches. I\'ve had a lot of TSBs also with my 2.3atx hatch, more than I expected, and now really wish I had waited at least a year after they first came out before buying. But as more of the TSB stuff gets done the closer I get to being happy with my car.

Out of curiosity....what would your 2 MOST SERIOUS COMPLAINTS BE? Maybe someone on the forum can help out?
everfeb

sueb
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by everfeb

sueg...MANY of us with \'04\'s have had lots of TSBs/warrantee work. Guess that\'s the risk WE TAKE when WE choose to buy a pretty much new from the ground up vehicle. It\'s well documented that FIRST YEAR vehicles from any maker have a lot of glitches...and as the vehicle matures there are fewer and fewer glitches. I\'ve had a lot of TSBs also with my 2.3atx hatch, more than I expected, and now really wish I had waited at least a year after they first came out before buying. But as more of the TSB stuff gets done the closer I get to being happy with my car.

Out of curiosity....what would your 2 MOST SERIOUS COMPLAINTS BE? Maybe someone on the forum can help out?
everfeb

My two most serious complaints are actually two very serious and potentially dangerous problems - the first is the car stalling and shutting off while driving and the other is a power surge problem where my car takes off without even touching the gas peddle. I understand, that yes I did purchase a first year model car..... however, I pretty much make a trip to my dealership averaging once a month. I have owned other first year model cars from other brands and have never experienced the amount of problems, hassles and time consuming problems that I have had with my car. I do think that the amount of time that I have spent trying to fix this car has been unreasonable and totally defeated the purpose of buying a new car and I don\'t think that after spending almost 30,000 on a car that I should have to committ the rest of my life to living in their dealership and constantly being inconvienced for the fact that this car is indeed a lemon.

everfeb
03-09-2006, 02:05 PM
sueb...agreed...those are serious problems..what model, motor and tranny configuration do you have?

Do you know if anyone else on this Forum has experienced the same problems and were eventually able to get them fixed? I\'m guessing you\'ve given your dealer a \"few\" cracks at \"fixing\" them and to date they\'ve been unsuccessful?

As I said I\'ve had numerous glitches but thankfully neither of these. I sympathize.

everfeb

MajesticBlueNTO
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by sueb

sueg...MANY of us with \'04\'s have had lots of TSBs/warrantee work. Guess that\'s the risk WE TAKE when WE choose to buy a pretty much new from the ground up vehicle. It\'s well documented that FIRST YEAR vehicles from any maker have a lot of glitches...and as the vehicle matures there are fewer and fewer glitches. I\'ve had a lot of TSBs also with my 2.3atx hatch, more than I expected, and now really wish I had waited at least a year after they first came out before buying. But as more of the TSB stuff gets done the closer I get to being happy with my car.

everfeb

My two most serious complaints are actually two very serious and potentially dangerous problems - the first is the car stalling and shutting off while driving and the other is a power surge problem where my car takes off without even touching the gas peddle. I understand, that yes I did purchase a first year model car..... however, I pretty much make a trip to my dealership averaging once a month. I have owned other first year model cars from other brands and have never experienced the amount of problems, hassles and time consuming problems that I have had with my car. I do think that the amount of time that I have spent trying to fix this car has been unreasonable and totally defeated the purpose of buying a new car and I don\'t think that after spending almost 30,000 on a car that I should have to committ the rest of my life to living in their dealership and constantly being inconvienced for the fact that this car is indeed a lemon.

do you lease or finance? if you lease, put a stop payment on any future deductions on the until the car is fixed (this will hit Mazda in the pocketbook)...it worked for one member here.

if you finance, well, you\'re out of luck in putting stop payments if a Bank is providing your loan.

has a Mazda Canada area rep looked at your car/case? if the car continues to stall even after leaving the service dept, was any type of waiver/doc signed stating that Mazda assumes all liability if the car were to stall and cause a collision/injury/etc? i wouldn\'t take the car back if there were no guarantees that it was \"fixed\".

everfeb
03-09-2006, 02:42 PM
sueb...in the PROBLEMS section under the topic \"Engine Hesitation\"...PiCASSO was experiencing hesitation and back firing which sounds a bit similar to your problems. On July 23 he posted Avante did an Engine Harness, Fuel Pump and Solenoid replacement. As of Jan 2 \'06 (5 1/2 months) he posted his car was still running as it should. Has your dealer spoke of these things, the harness, pump and solenoid?
everfeb
(sorry I don\'t know how to link to that thread)

MajesticBlueNTO
03-09-2006, 02:55 PM

sueb...in the PROBLEMS section under the topic \"Engine Hesitation\"...PiCASSO was experiencing hesitation and back firing which sounds a bit similar to your problems. On July 23 he posted Avante did an Engine Harness, Fuel Pump and Solenoid replacement. As of Jan 2 \'06 (5 1/2 months) he posted his car was still running as it should. Has your dealer spoke of these things, the harness, pump and solenoid?
everfeb
(sorry I don\'t know how to link to that thread)

Engine Hesitation (http://torontomazda3.com/forum/read.php?TID=3019) :)

b
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
If you are having problems, try contacting the President of Mazda Canada. I was able to get my problems looked after in a few days. Problems that forced me to go back to the dealership for months and months.

President Mike Benchimol - mbenchim@mazda.ca

FLIPDADY
03-22-2006, 07:56 AM
First of all which dealership are you dealing with? We\'ve come across 1 car from one of the members here with similar issues. After a few days the car was fixed and the problems gone.

Forward me the work that your dealer has done.

joe.montano@mazdaoftoronto.com