PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 3 dash with motorized touchscreen

fourtrack78
03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
Got this off of mazda3 forums

DVD (http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=39890.0)

Anyone here have this?

EO MasivHerbs
04-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Some people I\'ve talked to opted not to go with the motor dash fli up navi touch screen. Simply because of its position. Not many like it up on the dash like that simply because anyone who\'s driving by can see you\'ve got a screen up...I guess its a personal choice..It certainly looks nice!! haha. If I ever get an RX-8 I\'d take it :) But I don\'t think many people will mod their 3 for it!.

So to answer your question. No I don\'t have it haha.

Broli
05-25-2006, 02:31 PM
haha

herbs was here!

yeah, dont have it
dont\' know anyone who does
but it is cool
i would do it if i wanted to!!

bubba1983
05-26-2006, 07:28 AM
quite honestly, thats pure sex...pricey, but pure sex....u can do a custom moulded in dash unit for like $500 (including screen), but this as i said it pure sex
jus would have to wire it up differently...

same0l679
05-28-2006, 11:22 AM
i wonder if the people at lockdown can make something like this for cheaper?

bubba1983
05-28-2006, 08:43 PM
^^ it wouldn\'t surprise me!!!

ieatkittens
06-02-2006, 09:00 AM
I agree that it\'s sexy...but ouch!

I\'m starting to get the parts together for my car-pc, but I haven\'t decided on LCD placement yet. Didn\'t want to pull out my stock unit since I love the OEM look, but I cannot figure out where to mount the LCD.

Right now I\'m looking into a flexible arm coming out of the ash-tray area, but I\'d have to drop some serious cash on that to get one that looks good...

Once I figure it out though, I\'ll be sure to get some pics and explanation up! :D

Jeff-TheBiz
06-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by ieatkittens

Right now I\'m looking into a flexible arm coming out of the ash-tray area, but I\'d have to drop some serious cash on that to get one that looks good...

GO GO Gadget Carputer...

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/stories/20030212/Gadgetmobile%20Car3.jpg

Wouldnt mind a tv/dvd in my 3 but then why would I ever go home?

Broli
06-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TheBiz

Originally posted by ieatkittens

GO GO Gadget Carputer...

http://www.laughingplace.com/files/stories/20030212/Gadgetmobile%20Car3.jpg

Wouldnt mind a tv/dvd in my 3 but then why would I ever go home?

where did u get the pic of bubba car?
lol

ieatkittens
ur going for something more unique eh?
not simply the ashtray
of HU location . . .

look forward to seeing it!

ieatkittens
06-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Broli

ieatkittens
ur going for something more unique eh?
not simply the ashtray
of HU location . . .

look forward to seeing it!

I\'m a manager at a computer store in Newmarket so I spend a lot of time configuring PC\'s...i have all the components figured out, but it\'s just a matter of figuring out how to mount a 7\" LCD without ruining the OEM look of the car. I\'m extremely technically inclined, and have access to all the computer tools I need...Stealthing the computer into the car won\'t be an issue, but the stock HU (Beautiful as she is) is causing me nothing but problems...

That is...it looks too nice to tear pieces off!

Hopefully lockdown can come up with a solution...I could put one in the ashtray, but it\'s too low to use for GPS.

Sigh. lol